1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Prevent the use of botting kill boss

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MELO, Jan 7, 2022.

1. MELO

MELO Orange Mushroom

Oct 30, 2021
    Male
    12:06 AM
    MELO
    I can see how it compares with other maple sever. Legends has done a good job in this regard.
    But I found that someone using botting to kill the boss will not be discovered by anyone. Even gm will not find it or suspect that this is a problem.
    And this player using botting will use a lot of chars to kill the boss. When someone asks a question, he can use the Skillmacro and swap client to disguise his use of botting.Like a computer using 4~6chars to attack zak or targa+scar at the same time in a solo way
    Here comes the problem: when more and more people find that they can use this botting and hit zak targa scar jc every day... they will drop the boss of the boss coin (without ht and pb).
    So will the future sever produce a large number of boss coins to destroy the unnecessary damage of the sever without Kimmy knowing the number of ws and cs?

I am curious how gm can prevent such botting?

2. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    5:06 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    So how would you suggest they would tackle this?

3. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    • Great Work Great Work x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    MELO

MELO Orange Mushroom

Oct 30, 2021
    Male
    MELO
    One is to stop the Skill Macro and swap client.
    But I don't know if it will help a lot.
    The second is the invisibility and observation of other sever GMs and the decision is made through discussion.
    After all, what I saw in other sever was also the investigation and search of gm's hard work.

5. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    9:06 AM
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    I believe that all GMs have a way to check and see every boss that people are doing to determine if they are botting them or botting anywhere, generally staff have their ways to pin-down and crack people who are or are not using bots to determine any punishments.

Also comparing other Maplestory servers to others isn't a good thing to do because every server has its own way they obligate things, and I trust staff do their work diligently and effectively.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Snork

Snork Capt. Latanica

Feb 19, 2018
    Snorf
    Paladin
    Lore
    hahah wow what a gut punch of nostalgia I got seeing that

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Truly one of the worst versions of anticheat ever made

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. OP
    OP
    MELO

MELO Orange Mushroom

Oct 30, 2021
    Male
    MELO
    We should have all seen that some new players who have just played maple server will use botting to control 1~2mage to play.
    But relatively stupid new players will leave it for too long and will be reported and blocked by GM or other players.
    Smart players will occasionally look in front of the computer to see if there is a GM or other players watching.
    And those players who survived safely will tell us it's a good way for neither gm nor us to catch.
    I hope gm can kill boss by stopping Skillmacro and swap client or investigating some people who use a lot of chars with botting.
    After all, the current situation is that the benefit of killing the boss > the benefit of 1~2mage.

9. lalisa_ben

lalisa_ben Blue Snail

Jan 10, 2022
    Female
    6:06 PM
    Marksman
    intere
    Interesting suggestion. But I as well believe that all GMs have a way to see every boss that people are doing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    I guess another question would be, how fast would a person have to press change-clients to be able to Multiclient seamlessly, while casting spells?

since it’s already pretty easy to multiclient for quad mage farming, and still be within the respawn cycle without botting. (As proven by endgame farmers in the community already)

for example: if a person were to “not want to drop respawn cycle”, just to talk to others, it should still be okay.

especially if a person put in time to buy pets + autoHP + pots for each of their characters, and do the boss, then that is reasonable effort.

whats your definition of botting?
    • botting =/= multiclienting.

do you mean Paper-Weighting?

Or... maybe the person doesnt want to answer basic questions, if they're having trouble pressing buttons to maintain DPS at a Boss or Respawn Cycles of a farming map?

11. OP
    OP
    MELO

MELO Orange Mushroom

Oct 30, 2021
    Male
    MELO
    Like the botting of the keyboard.Think with logic. Who will use a computer with 6 attackers to solo ht and cwkpq? And it's almost every day. Maybe a few people will know who I'm talking about?

12. TrueKebab

TrueKebab Pink Teddy

Jan 13, 2020
    Male
    DancinPig, Jatizso, Neitiznot, HolyPig
    Dragon Knight, Priest, Shadower
    Galaxy
    Most botting is probably caught on prety early, I haven't at the very least been aware of anyone botting where I've been.
    Putting a skill-macro on Alt to then Alt-Tab client switch block is probably only possible by blocking Alt from being used, which messes with Alt-jumpers, or block Alt from being changed, which messes with Space-jumpers. Having a skill-macro on any other button, and clicking or Alt-Tabbing to other client I don't see likely to be preventable at all.

You realize GM's can be in front of you without you seeing it right? If they suspect foul play they aint letting you in on them snooping on you.
    GM's can also drop into any boss run at any time if they feel like it, either to say hi to friends, or snoop if they suspect foul play.
    Previous multi-client boss block's indicate that the game, and GM's, can tell if you multiclient a boss aswell, so if you bring 6 clients to smack HT on your own, I mean I applaud the dedication, but someone is going to know.

And lastly, if you're aware of people botting, and can record them doing so, you should probably just report them instead.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles

Logically, multiple hardware are acceptable, same as using pedals/joysticks/+1 laptop for controlling. It's reasonable human efforts to play.
    • OS specific Hotkey Shortcuts is allowed (such as Alt-Tab to switch between open applications in Windows OS)

• Special Note: A person can Solder/Wire/Customize their own Keyboard (for people with disabilities)
      • This is also allowed, since the person is still Actively Pressing with their own Human Effort/Fingers/Foot onto the buttons/switches
      • Paper-weighting/Softwares = botting, since it's an object/app rather than a person pressing buttons/switches.

• Foot Pedal (allowed):

TBH... Just report, if you suspect someone that's suspicious. If staff checks server data logs and sees nothing, then it really is nothing.

Also, it was possible to solo HT with just mules (not sure about ckwpq). If you search the forum, you can find old HH tutorials. Of course HH is nerfed now, although there's always different types of Attacker Mules that's more than capable.

There's many many people who've been playing for YEARS on ML, and they do have the equips and mules to boss/farm however they like without needing bots.

14. OP
    OP
    MELO

MELO Orange Mushroom

Oct 30, 2021
    Male
    MELO
    Everyone. I believe in GM's efforts and the strength of protection.
    But I've also seen how those who use botting do their own thing and ruin the game unfairly.
    Do you think that when someone can use 6chars or even 10+chars to attacking BOSS and open skills at the same time, you will find a lot of questions?
    When everyone can't give a reasonable answer. Do you feel that something is wrong?

15. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    I've heard about situations where a single player 3x NLs in HT. Additionally, alt tab hurricane used to be a thing too so, if there's a will, there's a way.

When everyone cannot give a reasonable answer, you cannot prove that something is wrong or right. Just because a person feels something is wrong, does not mean its true.
    Until evidence that can both be verified AND replicate, it will be a question with no answer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    Agreed, afk hurricane doesn't work on windows, albeit works on macs by simultaneously clicking the other client and releasing the key its on.. seems unfair for windows users tbh.

17. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    Botting = external application to attack the ML clientside/serverside

Human Effort (physically pressing buttons/switches) is needed to play +6 characters, this is called multi-client meta and is allowed.
    • ML is a long term investment
      • months of effort to get +6 characters to boss/farm capable levels
    • Hardware/Controllers (ex. keyboard, joystick, foot pedals, custom buttons, extra laptops/computers) are allowed.

Are you suggesting to remove Multi-Client at Bosses?

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  18. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    upload_2022-1-19_12-17-47.png

If you're using anything to make key presses more than one (macroing), even out of client, it's considered botting. Using a macro bind falls under this category as well, even if it's not actuating anything in client. I'm not sure ML/staff have any way to verify users doing this, but it is against ToS.

• Agree Agree x 2