1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Add ap reset to the presige shop

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ConCon, Jan 21, 2022.

1. ConCon

ConCon Mano

Apr 23, 2020
    3:03 AM
    ConCon
    Beginner
    Daum
    Plz add ap reset to the presige shop. it makes washing easier

• Disagree Disagree x 12
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Snork

Snork Capt. Latanica

Feb 19, 2018
    8:03 PM
    Snorf
    Paladin
    Lore
    Should washing be easier?

If this is added the top players' ranged attackers will have 30k the same day...

this thread will derail

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. iccqqq

iccqqq Dark Stone Golem

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    9:03 PM
    Hero
    MAKE HP CAP FOR RANGED WITHOUT HB = 15 K

• Like Like x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    2:03 AM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    while i think its a good suggestions, there are already players with above 23k hp on range so, it is not possible

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. iccqqq

iccqqq Dark Stone Golem

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Hero
    uhmm reduce their base hp to 15k sweaty?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    11:03 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    The more use cases there are for prestige coins, the less supply of white scrolls/chaos scrolls we will have as a server.

IMO, a bossing points system would better service this demand, but it seems like these tend to be exclusive to events only.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    if you gonna reduce their HP anywayz, might as well reset everyone's HP too, ensure no one is washed, can wash, and fix HP washing once and for all.
    Then we can have proper solutions to include stuffs like clear 10 zakum run for a 1x 3k hp redeem, 10 HT for a 1x 3k HP redeem, etc and maybe another boss for another 3k hp redeem.
    This will set range at 12k hp, and melee at 20k hp, making washing 100% optional and well, not allowed in first place.

But this is not possible. ML has been running for years, and making such drastic changes will first, alienate the OG players, and second, may have unknown consequences to the database.
    Unfortunately for you, while most changes tries to benefit the server as a whole, old players tends to be favored more than new players.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Shengo

Shengo Slime

Sep 5, 2020
    Malaysia
    JoJoJoJoJo
    Camper
    Elluelians
    Just parking myself here to watch all the "pros" commenting why should we not make washing easier :p

• Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    11:03 AM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    It's true, washing should be easier and done in such a way to only benefit the ultra-wealthy(I don't like the poors)

Only those who are willing to subject themselves to multimage shenanigans deserve a quick 30k ranged character

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Can't we just create a use item that gives 30k hp, but only obtainable by players when their 6th mage reaches lvl 130?

• Great Work Great Work x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. iccqqq

iccqqq Dark Stone Golem

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Hero
    yes it is possible and no it will not ''alienate'' the ''og'' players. the players that have been playing this server for years will still play no matter what change is implemented.
    and yes bro whether you buff nerf or completely change anything there will be some noobs who cry about it.:eek:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    23k HP on range takes at least 2 two years of vote to achieve.
    Removing their HP is as good as deleting 2 years worth of progress. Imo its no different then deleting a character you played for two years. How sure are you it won't alienate people? Might as well play another server or quit the game entirely if my 2 years goes into the drain. This is not the same as nerfing 5-6 or HT, where players still kept their progress, but meta to reach their current status/level/hp, or fight a boss has changed.

How about compensation?

What can you compensate with for removing HP?
    - NX is close to worthless when yr done washing.
    - More mesos means more inflation and presitgous coin prices will go higher than ever.
    - Perfect weapon, well at least i personally wouldnt mind that, for i'll be OP as fuck :)
    - New ring that provides more weapon attack -> as above I wouldn't mind being OP :)
    - New ring with moar stats -> even an all stat +20 ring wouldn't be as valuable as the HP I lost

Doubt any compensation can satisfy both the server's health & redeem the value of lost HP.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Snork

Snork Capt. Latanica

Feb 19, 2018
    Snorf
    Paladin
    Lore
    This mentality is holding any improvements to the HP washing situation hostage. Let's just say I don't envy the staff's position here when trying to decide on things...

That said I'd probably think the same had I a 20k+ ranged character.

14. iccqqq

iccqqq Dark Stone Golem

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Hero
    wtf are you talking about?
    hp isnt the only progress you can make in the game guy and you dont need to compensate it with anything.
    also there are many creative ways to still make nx useful besides hp washing

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    2:03 PM
    Trion
    Beginner
    It is not about "pro" vs "new player". It is just a years old argument of resetting the server vs not resetting it. If you are going to talk about taking away people's HP that they once upon a time didn't want to have to wash to, then you just might as well do a server reset. Believe it or not people who have washed didn't want to as well in the very beginning but they didn't have a choice if they wanted to endure certain endgame content or make their lives easier.

You don't need to take my word for it, this is the opinion of Kimmy and some of the other staff, they have contemplated for years going back and forth on whether there should be a server reset.

16. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    I only have a 30k HP warrior, which is probably only equivalent to, maybe an 8k washed range.

Personally, I don't mind a HP wipe. But reading this forum for many years have made me feel that staffs tries their best to cater majority (not all) of old players. Of course there have been many patches that helps new players too, but imo when a critical decision is made, it felt that old players takes priority.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    You don't have to be compensated when you lose 2 years worth of progress? Wow, salute to you.

You mentioned creative ways to make nx useful. Please give some example to use more than 6.5k NX daily in actually useful ways that can actually reduce my NX on a daily basis so my NX will actually deplete. Please do not include Owls and megaphones as majority people has mule accounts for this sole purpose.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. iccqqq

iccqqq Dark Stone Golem

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Hero
    yea guy everybody is going to lose the ap resets. you just went on a website and clicked 3 times once a day you didnt dig with a shovel to get them. ultimately its going to make the server better.
    nx can be made useful by adding nx equips that can be scrolled for stats. like the snowflake pendant from christmas event that can be upgraded with scrolls bought with nx from cash shop.

19. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    I don't know about you, but i only voted afew times a month after im done with washing. while it only takes afew minutes, its still annoying and tedious, like im nagging myself to vote.

also, since voting is so easy for you, why won't u wash a 30k HP ranger?

I agree with you on this. But compensation is still needed

fair enough. but you can't reset washing before adding these ideas. unless both of your ideas are to be suggested and implemented together (plus a fair compensation for those who washed), thats not gonna work out.

20. iccqqq

iccqqq Dark Stone Golem

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Hero
    i wont wash a 30k ranger because rangers are trash and boring
    also yes its never gonna work out cuz theres always twerps like you crying about compensation and ''precious time'' spent washin:whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling: