1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Monster Book Efficient Farming Guide

Discussion in 'Items & Mesos' started by Precel, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Bfitchef

Bfitchef Mushmom

Jun 5, 2018
    Male
    11:11 AM
    CreatureNL
    Night Lord
    Nani
    Homunscullo is Rigged.. I swear it has the lowest drop rate for a "mini boss"

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Foxes

Foxes Dark Stone Golem

Sep 2, 2019
    8:11 AM
    Eos Tower Floor 75, Prime Helly, also includes chirpy and drumming bunny.

3. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    I would strongly disagree with this suggestion. Start hunting on Eos Tower Floor 92 for Chirpy cards. Their drop rate is by far much higher than Hellys that you shouldn't even bother trying to get 5 of each at the same time. Once you have 5 Chripy cards, go to Eos Tower 60th Floor. There are some Drumming Bunnies there, but it's the prime place to hunt for Helly cards.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Foxes

Foxes Dark Stone Golem

Sep 2, 2019
    I've tried 60th in the past and disliked it severly. Irregardless I'm moreso suggesting it since there is no listed prime helly spot, and every time I card hunt eos I have to remember that helly's aren't listed. Every time I end up at 75 as it generally feels better than 60 in my opinion. You generally get 5/5 doing bunnies in the mini dungeon anyway, and they're littered on almost every eos map.

5. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    Aren't dungeon maps only 1 person/party that goes in and it's locked? This is making me want to attempt at getting T10 ring too..

• Like Like x 1
  6. Foxes

Foxes Dark Stone Golem

Sep 2, 2019
    Yes, exactly, though they're fairly rare as I don't think there's more than 10 of these type of maps in the game.

7. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    8:56 PM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    Dark Yeti & Pepe are actually easy now. Werewolves have been replaced with Dark Yeti & Pepe in Wolf Territory II and the mob count is amazing. Recommend getting these now for tier 10 sets.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Myrosb

Myrosb Brown Teddy

Jun 17, 2020
    Male
    Texas
    10:11 AM
    Spearmintx, Quit
    Dark Knight
    Is there a easy way for me to check if any cards have been added to ML since the Jul 5 2020 build that the sheet is updated to?

9. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    8:56 PM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    Most, maybe all, new cards are added at the end of the monster book tab. I think the only way to check is to look at the end of each colour tab on the sheet and compare with the end of each corresponding tab in the in-game monster book.

10. TrueKebab

TrueKebab Pink Teddy

Jan 13, 2020
    Male
    5:11 PM
    DancinPig, Jatizso, Neitiznot, HolyPig
    Dragon Knight, Priest, Shadower
    Galaxy
    The mobs that were added ~feb 2020 being Shanghai were, I believe, the last real update to that list. Other than a few missing, or typos perhaps.
    For what I'm aware, the mobs added since ~september 2021 have not been included yet, this would be NLC Bigger Ben and Outskirts mobs, and the Snack Bar boss in Taiwan (Quest Locked).
    The newer mobs, Haunted house, Crimson woods, and the mountain, in the book since last patch end of december don't seem to drop yet.

While mostly correct, if you look through your book now, you'll notice CWK area mobs to be on any page available. Like WR being before Extra D on lightblue.

11. Myrosb

Myrosb Brown Teddy

Jun 17, 2020
    Male
    Texas
    Spearmintx, Quit
    Dark Knight
    Comparing between the sheet and the in-game monster book is a great way of checking which mobs have been added to the monster book since the jul 5 2020 build. But as TruKebab pointed out, there are mobs in the book that don't drop any cards.
    This also makes it more annoying to figure out this information. I'd have to cross check all the pages with the sheet, then find where all these mobs are, and go and kill them for x amount of time to allow for rng and rare drop rates. Just seems like a really ridiculous way of going about it, so I opted to make a post here to see if there was any kind of comprehensive list that shows what does and doesn't drop. Without doing that kind of grunt work, the only other option I can see is to try and ask around the community if they have info on cards that are in the book but do not drop from the corresponding mobs.

12. OP
    OP
    Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    Ah yes, this spreadsheet is due an update. The ariant maps changed since then as well and I believe it's not reflected yet.

I see that the new cards are added during the summer patch, but I can't find a comprehensive list except for the fact that they're NLC mobs, If anyone has a list of which mobs need to be added, please let me know.

On top of that, if anyone would like to help maintain this spreadsheet, especially because I'm not active anymore, it would be a big help. Please message me if you're interested.

13. Jane

Jane Horny Mushroom

Jun 1, 2018
    Female
    Corsair
    As a avid card hunter/collector(?) the overwhelming amount of small images to look through when you want to find a specific monster is a pain so I decided to SS my own book since it's easier to spot the monsters that don't drop cards yet if you have most, if not all, of the book completed.

Under spoilers are a text list of the monsters that do not yet drop cards but show up in the book and corresponding SS's of my monster book showing these monsters and their book placement. I hope this is what you were hoping to find!

1. Psycho Jack - [orange page 2]
    2. Glutton Ghoul - [orange page 3]
    3. Nightmare - [light green page 4]
    4. Baby Typhon - [light green page 4]
    5. Leprechaun - [light green page 4]
    6. Voodoo - [green page 3]
    7. Phantom Tree - [green page 3]
    8. Sophilia Doll Ground - [green page 3]
    9. Windraider - [light blue page 2]
    10. Stormbreaker - [blue page 2]
    11. Firebrand - [blue page 2]
    12. Typhon - [purple page 1]
    13. Elderwraith - [purple page 2]
    14. Nightshadow - [purple page 2]
    15. Bigfoot - [gold page 2]
    16. Headless Horseman - [gold page 3]

orange 2.png orange 3.png light green 4.png green 3.png light blue 2.png dark blue 2.png purple 1.png purple 2.png boss 2.png boss 3.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Jane

Jane Horny Mushroom

Jun 1, 2018
    Female
    Corsair
    I should have included the list in my previous reply above to avoid multiple posts, but the new Summer patch cards (that DO drop) from my memory/book should be below! Please correct any mistakes made if anyone finds any.

• Mighty Maple Eater - [orange page 3]
    • Street Slime - [orange page 3]
    • Urban Fungus - [ orange page 3]
    • Killa Bee - [orange page 3]
    • Boomer - [orange page 3]
    The above are placed in between the Goat card and the Stopnow card.
    • I.AM.ROBOT - [light green page 4] placed in between octobunny and big cloud fox
    • Fire Tusk - [light green page 4]
    • Electrophant - light green page 4]
    Firetusk and electrophant are both placed after black sheep
    • Gryphon - [green page 3] placed after Selkie Jr card
    • Wolf Spider - [dark blue page 2] placed after Veetron
    • Pink Bean - [gold page 3] Is the first new boss card on the 2nd page
    • Snack bar - [gold page 3] after pink bean card; does need a questline completed to access

*edited PB and Snack Bar positions to page 3, not page 2 as per reply below MapleF2

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. TrueKebab

TrueKebab Pink Teddy

Jan 13, 2020
    Male
    5:11 PM
    DancinPig, Jatizso, Neitiznot, HolyPig
    Dragon Knight, Priest, Shadower
    Galaxy
    Just wanted to say Pink Bean and Snack Bar are on Gold tab page 3, not 2. Big Foot took Scarlion's place in the book, and for some reason Scarlion has been moved to page 3.
    upload_2022-1-23_0-11-59.png
    About a year ago, with Scarlion between Targa and Black Crow..

upload_2022-1-23_0-12-48.png
    Now, with Big Foot between Targa and Black Crow.

• Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  16. Myrosb

Myrosb Brown Teddy

Jun 17, 2020
    Male
    Texas
    Spearmintx, Quit
    Dark Knight
    This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much for taking the time to write this out :) Much appreciated <3

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Owenking

Owenking Red Snail

May 28, 2022
    Male
    11:11 PM
    Beginner
    cant agree with you more

18. kokonutpunk

kokonutpunk Red Snail

Feb 26, 2023
    Male
    kokonutpunk
    thanks for this guide

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    The guide needs to be updated with the new NLC cards.

• Agree Agree x 2