1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Increase drop rate/drop locations on "[Mastery Book 20] Shadow Claw"

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by imNat, Jan 25, 2022.

1. imNat

imNat Red Snail

Mar 2, 2021
    Male
    9:16 PM
    Natmare
    This is the message, that you most often see when you owl search for the [Mastery Book 20] Shadow Claw:

[​IMG]

The mastery book is only dropped by a single mob in MapleLegends, Brexton:

[​IMG]

This mob is only found in one location in the entire game: Leafre: Dragon Forest III. I have been at this location for 3+ days (6+ hours of killing these each day) as of this moment in that i'm writing this thread. On top of the dreadful droprate, nobody sells them on the market either, so instead of doing something that I enjoy like bossing (if the book was dropping at a boss) - i'm stuck doing something over and over again. I can see how this might get people to lose interest for the game, as this is simply not enjoyable to do for hours on end, with next to no profit.

Hereby my suggestion:
    I suggest an increase in drop rate or drop locations on the mastery book, [Mastery Book 20] Shadow Claw, as it is incredibly dreadful to get at this moment in time.

Thanks for considering,

• Disagree Disagree x 12
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Ayderac

Ayderac Pink Teddy

Mar 13, 2018
    Male
    Sweden
    8:16 PM
    Ayderac
    Bishop
    Abyss
    Very good suggestion. I like the idea of it being valueable and a bit hard to get but brextons are ridiculous.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. raysinz5

raysinz5 Mr. Anchor

Jul 1, 2015
    Male
    3:16 PM
    I/L Mage
    Idk about increasing the drop rate because sometimes you are just unlucky. I remember spending 10+hrs before getting my first book. But, overall it took me around 25 hours to collect 5 books. Yeah, I failed 4 in a row... I do however support removing energy orb 20 from the drop table. Those things are actually so tilting to get.

They say a true NL hunts for their own shadow star 20 book. It's all part of the struggle.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Gurk

Gurk Headless Horseman

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    12:16 PM
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    I used to hunt brextons every so often on my shad as an alternative and relaxing way to make mesos and they were quite profitable. Posted below are stats from my last 10 hour journal several months ago (not sure how much SC20 is worth these days):

brexton_farming.PNG

The drop rate seemed fine. I may have gotten slightly lucky with the above session but it's never taken me more than ~2.5 hours to find one in previous sessions. I also got better with the rotation over time and my shad started being able to one-shot them 100% of the time so the higher drop rate could just be a reflection of that.

Ironically, the reason I ended up stopping was because the market was too saturated and demand seemed almost non-existent; books took forever to sell and the competition was ruthless with undercutting (they used to be worth 35-40m when I started). I like there being alternative ways to make a decent wage without using mages and now seems like a good time to farm them again.

Not that I'm in favor of it but the energy orbs were pretty troll. They seem to have more or less the same drop rate as SC20 so it's basically a coinflip.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Lucidcat

Lucidcat Mixed Golem

May 14, 2021
    4:16 AM
    Similar demands:
    "Let Zakum jump quest skippable"
    "Decrease the price of AP Reset"

6. Jane

Jane Horny Mushroom

Jun 1, 2018
    Female
    Corsair
    Then the same can be said for the Corsair skill, Bullseye 20, as it is also only dropped by one monster: Nest Golem, and should be theoretically worse since nest golems, as well as Jr. newties (since they are in the same maps together) drop a lot more skill books other than just bullseye to troll you. I feel your pain but I think you may just be very unlucky and people figure others will farm those same skill books to sell on the FM. Wish you the best of luck.

7. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    If you're an attacker, tbh farming shadow claw 20, is pretty insane money. Since the map isnt really mage friendly. If you dont own a mage, and can't boss yet (lvl 135+) , its a nice spot to make mesos, but I understand the struggle of it not dropping. I've been there before, but it's also a super popular class.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. asaniqq

asaniqq Mushmom

Jun 5, 2018
    Beasee
    Shadower
    let's double the drop rate of SC20 for "new players" ;)

• Creative Creative x 1