1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Low Jiaoceng boss gets stuck on wall, doesn't attack

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by -ovv, Jan 22, 2022.

1. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    10:23 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Description of the bug: (optional screenshot/video):
    upload_2022-1-22_13-19-43.png
    What is supposed to happen?:
    JC stays in maps and attacks.
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?: Jiaoceng boss
    A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional):
    Not sure how to reproduce since this is the first time it has ever happened, but JC boss stayed stuck off map moving right without attacking. Didn't have time to @gm since this is a timed boss fight, but it did happen towards the end of the fight within the last two minutes.
    Extra information (optional):

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. OP
    OP
    -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Just another update:
    JC froze again with about 2 mins left.
    So I noticed that if a boss is facing in two different directions on two different clients, it will freeze. You can see in the picture below.

Maybe in the picture above, JC wasn't stuck in wall, but it was just frozen while it was getting knocked back/pinned into the wall. If that's the case, it is just a matter of JC freezing (more frequently now than before).

upload_2022-1-24_21-36-57.png
    upload_2022-1-24_21-37-18.png

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. OP
    OP
    -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    upload_2022-2-1_1-8-12.png
    upload_2022-2-1_1-8-31.png

Had a pretty strange occurrence today with JC freeze, where it wasn't just the boss this time, but 2 of the minions in addition to the red boss were frozen. The last minion was able to move around freely.

This was weird because as you can see in the two screenshots that one of the minions is completely displaced. My bowmaster was able to hit the displaced minion, while my hero did no damage to it, so I believe mob positioning favored one client over another (in this case, the hero's client positioning of the blue mob).

Very strange.

Run #2 also froze, but it wasn't as eventful or insightful as this one.

4. OP
    OP
    -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Actually posting run #2 because I remembered why I screenshotted it:
    upload_2022-2-1_1-20-59.png
    upload_2022-2-1_1-21-12.png

JC was stuck all the way in the wall this time where you couldn't even see the damage lines, only the flare around the numbers for crits. I almost didn't clear this run because I was playing around to see if I could get JC to unstick. Rushing in both directions, trying to stun with shout, and using panic to try to KB it with high damage didn't work. To add, JC's legs were still moving but the body itself just stayed frozen.

5. OP
    OP
    -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Just another update - I think the freeze has something to do with my hero client. We ran into another boss freeze yesterday where I was trio-ing with someone else. I decided to leave party on my Hero so my other party members could soak up the EXP, but as soon as I left the map on Hero, the JC boss unfroze.

It seems like bosses tend to freeze more frequently when Heroes are around.
    I noticed this happens when I Dunas as well.