1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Obtaining Holy Charge/Divine Charge Skill

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by Reisu, Feb 6, 2022.

1. Reisu

Reisu Horny Mushroom

Jun 11, 2020
    11:55 PM
    Bishop
    Just a general question regarding skill quest: I remember being told I had to go inside the Horntail expedition map to fill the Holy Grail for the quest to get the Holy/Divine Charge for Paladin, but I'm fairly certain I cannot fight Horntail at my level yet nor know how to enter the said map. I have the Dragon Elixir that I saved up from long ago, but I don't know if I'd be stuck inside the cave map. Would I need to get smuggled in by an expedition team fighting Horntail to complete this quest? Or am I supposed to be fighting Horntail to obtain this skill?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    7:55 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    You will need to get into the Horntail expedition map, but you do not need to fight Horntail itself. To do this, you will need to the dragon elixir to get into the cave and either 1) complete HTPQ with a party of 6 or 2) complete the certification for the Mark of the Squad. Option 2 is worthwhile if you are planning to Horntail anytime in the future since it is now a pre-requirement to sign up. It requires you to kill Zakum, Pianus, and Papulatus (and be within the party that does the most damage to the bosses) in order to loot each certificate.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Reisu

Reisu Horny Mushroom

Jun 11, 2020
    Bishop
    Ahhh okay. That's a lot of things to do but option 2 definitely does sound like it is worthwhile as I wanted the certificate but I'm probably not getting into a Zakum fight yet. I thought it was possible to get smuggled into the map but I guess that requirement changed. Maybe I'll try to get into option 1 if I want Holy Charge quicker, but it doesn't seem like I'll get it anytime soon. Thank you though.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Paladins have a lot of skills that they should be leveling up before Holy Charge since the difference between Holy Charge and Fire Charge is marginal and mostly irrelevant to the content you'll be doing. For reference, my level 155 Paladin doesn't even have the Holy Charge quest done yet. Here are the skills that I leveled up so far:
    • Level 1 Rush
    • Heavens Hammer
    • Advanced Charge
    • Blast
    • Power Stance
    • Level 1 Hero's Will
    • Achilles
    I will go for Holy Charge after I max Achilles.

You should be going to Zakum early on to get the Advanced Charge skill book.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Reisu

Reisu Horny Mushroom

Jun 11, 2020
    Bishop
    Oh I'm actually mostly playing for fun. I'm at level 154 and have max Heaven's Hammer, ACB, Blast, and Stance and have 1 point in Rush and will get 1 point in Hero's Will at some point. I just wanted a new toy to play with and was one of those people who were vocal about 'buff Holy Charge! Why is it weaker than the other charges?'. I just never had actual bossing experience in my old days in Maplestory so it kind of deterred me from going for things like Zakum because from what I see it's already people who knew how to do it and I'd probably hold people back by sloppy plays. You are right that it is low in priority however. I planned on maxing Holy Charge by level 160 since I had the skill points to but it is not a necessity.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. TrueKebab

TrueKebab Pink Teddy

Jan 13, 2020
    Male
    4:55 PM
    DancinPig, Jatizso, Neitiznot, HolyPig
    Dragon Knight, Priest, Shadower
    Galaxy
    Either HTPQ, or Mark of squad, but then you say you must have the Mark to sign up. So you already say option 1 is no longer viable, Mark is required to Sign and Enter expedition whether you do HTPQ or not to my understanding of last patch notes, leaving HTPQ for Genesis quest only.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Reisu

Reisu Horny Mushroom

Jun 11, 2020
    Bishop
    Does the map at the end of the HTPQ get you to where the fountain is? Or does it warp you back to the cave's entrance? I think all I need is the fountain.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    You don't need to run Horntail itself to complete the quest. You just need to be able to get into the map where the expedition sign ups are - the quest NPC is on the far right side of the map. Mark of the Squad allows you to skip HTPQ to get into the 2nd map with the NPC/Expedition sign.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. TrueKebab

TrueKebab Pink Teddy

Jan 13, 2020
    Male
    Galaxy
    Ahh fair nough, I miss understood the 'Horntail Expedition map' as in inside a run, not the sign map. My bad hehe

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    11:55 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    the skill quest is same (or similar) as genesis quest, u need to go to map that sign to ht and click on a npc thats alot right..

i am at lv 158
    i went, 1 rush 1 blast 1 hh, then max acb, max blast (i suffer a bit with low lv Hammer, but blast first is a deal if you hunt some Bosses latanica, hh, bf, rav, pap, i never get leeched on my char or buy leech since is my first char, if you leech you can skip acb and 1 rush max hh)

at 158 i did:
    max acb
    max blast
    max hammer
    20 stance then max holy charge
    now i back to stance

get in mind that holy charge only is usefull 15+
    and stance til lv 20 grows 2% (the diference to lv 20 to 30 is 10%)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. TrueKebab

TrueKebab Pink Teddy

Jan 13, 2020
    Male
    Galaxy
    Genesis actually needs a drop (Life Root) from the final stage on HTPQ, and as I understand now, Pally's just need to get to Sign map (post HTPQ, or use Mark of Squad) to talk to an NPC in a far corner.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    11:55 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela

oh, mb so! i remmember back in days the quest of pally was like this that need to drop to, but recent changes come to just talk to the npc, idk about gene ><

• Disagree Disagree x 1