1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Has the hoarding issue been resolved?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by -ovv, Jan 19, 2022.

Is hoarding still a problem?

1. Yes

66 vote(s)
    61.7%
  2. No

41 vote(s)
    38.3%
  1. Signature

Signature Stone Golem

Apr 29, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    4:49 PM
    Flamous
    Bishop
    Good. NLC pot shops is so OP it makes all other NPC-shops obsolete. Don't really see how this is a wanted game mechanic tbh

2. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    8:49 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    In a server without NLC pots, nightlords / shadower are the only viable attacker on a lot of boss runs because other classes would spend way too much meso on pots.

3. Signature

Signature Stone Golem

Apr 29, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    Flamous
    Bishop
    I'm not advocating for the removal of NLC pots, just the fact that they are tradeable and you can mule them. One idea could be to make every NPC have NLC pots but 2x the price and only the NLC shop has it at original price/ wandering traveler can have it at 2x (or whatever x) the cost. Esp a higher cost for mana bulls would deter multimage farming but leech pricing would be more elastic.

4. HarleyEllis

HarleyEllis Pac Pinky

Jan 3, 2021
    Female
    Philadelphia
    11:49 AM
    Harlez
    I/L Wizard, Shadower, Brawler, Outlaw
    Galaxy
    Shifter getting nerfed to balance out NLC pot imba fixes is a win/win

5. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    11:49 PM
    anyone else gonna mention the hoarding of other stuff? like 30% scrolls.

• Like Like x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    This is a balance issue regarding the thief class itself and the ridiculous advantage avoid gives. IMO, their avoid formula needs tweaking, or perhaps shifter could work on a cooldown so as to not be so reliable (dark sight could reset this cooldown). But I'd guess this is a coding nightmare and would be impossible to implement.

• Creative Creative x 1
  7. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    11:49 PM
    pls dont. i just rerolled into NL.

8. OP
    OP
    -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Good

9. halfwaysleet

halfwaysleet Master Chronos

May 21, 2018
    Male
    12:49 PM
    halfway
    Thief
    Maybe more meso sinks could be a good idea, allowing guilds to be expanded to 500 slots and having it cost 100m or some other amount per expansion (after you hit 255 which is the current max).
    Removal of dungeons in maps that are currently overpowered for printing pure mesos.
    Tweaking low effort maps where multi-magers can easily print several dozens of mil of pure meso per hour into the economy simply by alt tabbing.
    Adding an option for convenience cash shop items to be purchasable with meso as well (safety charms, ap resets, owls, blackboards, vip rocks, megaphones)

Another way to fix the issue of prestigious coins becoming the new currency is to deduct meso from a persons inventory for each coin transaction, sort of how royals does it for their bil coins, maybe a 10k tax from your inventory for each coin your trade, if you don't have sufficient mesos you won't be able to trade them.

10. OP
    OP
    -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Agreed with all of the above, and especially the point on the Bil coins.
    It seems like staff addressed a utility that white scrolls had in relation to the practice in hoarding - white scrolls had utility value in addition to market value/fungibility. Separating these two should be how high ticket items are transacted.

There is no reason prestigious coins should stack to 200 outside of it being used to avoid tax.

11. OP
    OP
    -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    The price of coins seem to have stagnated around 2.6m/coin.
    With the Valentines event just around the corner, are you guys anticipating any large changes? Is 270m ws just the new normal?

Thoughts?

Personally, I've abandoned former meso farming strats and have been satisfied with daily JCing to farm 4-5 coins a day. But I have noticed I am playing a lot less these days.

• Like Like x 1
  12. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    I’ve pretty much given up hope of finishing perfect items that I was working on. I’m just selling old event chairs for stomper mesos and then I guess I’m done with improving. I’m not going to hexa mage farm (bossing is just shit for income), I’ve already got a job.

• Agree Agree x 1