1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Important The end of 2021.

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Kimmy, Dec 31, 2021.

1. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    1:35 AM
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    Ppl bitching about the wipe are prolly real world traders... just saying

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    6:35 AM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Weird take, but we are used to those from you :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  3. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Hey all,

I want to thank you all for the responses past week! It feels good to finally have my thoughts out, instead of having them stuck inside me for quite a while. Hopefully, we will be able to push MapleLegends even further this year. No regrets were made in the making of the main thread.

I think there are many people out there that feel better once they had someone to tell something they were bothered about. That's how I feel now.

• Friendly Friendly x 11
    • Like Like x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  4. Archy

Archy Blue Snail

Mar 18, 2020
    Male
    9:35 PM
    DarkArchy
    Beginner
    Potat
    What I don't understand is, if the problem is that they need more HP then why don't they just lower the damage that the bosses do? is that impossible? because it seems like the simplest solution.

5. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    One of the problems with this would be that bossing on classes that are currently already tanky/evasive would become even more dull/afk/easy.

6. Rex Liau

Rex Liau Blue Snail

Feb 8, 2021
    Male
    12:35 PM
    xRexing
    Dark Knight
    Fraternity
    I feel that the recent balance/changes such as being able to use the snail shell skill or unable to afk in ghost ship map is a good addition/change to the server because now as a new player you'll have a easier time when starting out. People going for the mage class will not be severely decapitated due to adding int only and not able to get through the starting stages quickly. I feel that this is a great improvement for new players. Also now that you're not able to afk in ghost ship, lower level players will not be able to afk freely and just hoard the map owner, as we know GS is a popular spot for players or Clerics when they are around the range of level 50 to 70.

Regarding a possible server wipe, I understand that how the server is at right now. i started Legends last year February. In my opinion i feel that there is no reason to wipe the server as of now. Right now, New Players who are starting out Legends are able to enjoy the nostalgia of doing PQs with QOL, which is one of the activity that old school players in GMS do to level up when they are new to the game. When they reach to higher levels like 135,155,190. They sought out other players to do bosses such as Zakum, Krexel, Crimson Wood Keep PQ and even Horntail or Pink Bean.

I feel that having the joy of focusing on progression and being able to start to do these Bosses are one of the things that Old School Maple gives. Nonetheless, It is fun having to do bosses with friends, and to be able to finish the boss within the time range, it requires Progression of gears/levels. That's precisely why there is no reason to wipe the server. As of right now it is fine. When you are low level u grind/pq and meet new friends in the game. When you reach a certain level that you can start doing bosses, you bring along these friends that you meet in game to do bosses. I'm not sure how other people feel but that is how i feel. I played this game for less than a year and invested lots of time into the game.

I believe Games are just like Real Life, The more you work, The more you get. Likewise, Meritocracy. The more you grind for your gears the more geared up you get. There is no reason to wipe the server just because old-players are Geared up and New Players aren't. They just simply didn't join earlier or invested their time. i feel that is fair. People who have put in the work and people who didn't. That is just life. Just an example, If you're a waiter you won't be bitching about how that guy became a doctor, He Studied and he Studied hard whereas compared to the waiter who didn't studied much and that is why he is a waiter.

Thank you for reading this and keep up the good work that you have always been doing! and also sorry for my poor English

7. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    IMO the trend of an on-season and off-season for events is what keeps the server experience feeling tumultuous. Since the launch of the Christmas patch, the server has been feeling very lively, festive, and interactive, but I can already feel the slump coming on as the event draws nearer to its close. I know this might be a big ask, but what if there was a way to bridge the gap between the events with something else that could keep player activity up? A lot of other games do things like seasonal ranking wipes which makes entering a new season feel fresh. What if there were other attractions - like community-based challenges, informal leaderboards, etc. - that could be led by the GM team, incentivized with in-game bonuses?

We've seen a few informal attempts in the past like Shivering's GPQ and HPQ challenge or Slime's JQ challenge. What if more of these were introduced in the off-season so that the community had something to look forward to at the end of the events? The possibilities are endless - things like a race around Victoria Island, an ETC collection competition layered with maple trivia, etc. If you doubt the community engagement, adjust the prizes/incentives and they will come.

One of the downfalls to any Maplestory server is Optimized-Story where everything becomes about optimized game play. We're already amidst this, so there needs to be action to incentivize people into sub-optimal play. Things like the prestigious coin pouches have revamped previously dead/sub-optimal content like Zakum. There's a lot of unexplored content out there in Legends, so I don't see why these cannot be incentivized as well.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    "pls wipe its good idea but be sure so you don't destroy our hard work"

upload_2022-2-13_17-5-4.png

you were right brotha
    edit: we* were right

• Great Work x 13
    • Agree x 3
    • Disagree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  9. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    As somebody who is waiting for the next event before I come back.. well, I think what would really help this server the most is a patcher so that small patches can come out instead of one big event patch.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    I think wasting time with automatic patcher isn’t a good thing. I’d prefer that staff time is spent by new content, balance changes and events.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    And whipe planning

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1