1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Quests Reward MaxHP: An Alternative Path to HP Washing

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Estrahl, Feb 14, 2022.

1. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    7:42 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    I'd be on-board with these types of implementations as long as they're gated by a minimum level requirement. There is no reason a level 120 thief should have 7k+ hp. There is simply no need for it.

IMO, the suggestion to gain HP through a series of side quests should be locked to things level 135+ (ToT quest line, NT quest line, etc.), and it should be only supplemental meaning it should only be rewarded to those who fall under a certain HP threshold.

Nobody should be getting locked out of content, but not everybody should also be given access to a higher HP pool.

The end game players that all migrate towards NL will already be HP/MP washing their INT mules with the NX they already have as long as leech continues to exist. There will never be class balance until the loophole of simply skipping past all of early game is looked into.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Snork

Snork Capt. Latanica

Feb 19, 2018
    4:42 PM
    Snorf
    Paladin
    Lore
    I'm sorry but ?????

I can see how questing rings could inconvenience some players, but at least it gives utility to quests since the vast majority of them aren't worthwhile to complete.

Grinding mobs for quests is a bit less optional since you can't really progress in the game without killing mobs, which 99% of quests in this game makes you do.

People working towards a quest ring could be getting gacha, nx and event items, and if they started late and are already high level they could take advantage of their stronger skills.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. halfwaysleet

halfwaysleet Master Chronos

May 21, 2018
    Male
    11:42 AM
    halfway
    Thief
    Many quests require you to walk around, talk to multiple npcs and hand in etc from other npcs which could take up a lot of your time. Also many quests could be abused through partying up with a bunch of mules, making it easy to get extra hp on several accounts at once with not so much effort.
    Most quests are indeed not very worthwhile to do, especially for players that are already at a higher level, so gating extra max hp behind quests seems like it would inconvenience a lot of people. I believe there are other possible solutions that could benefit everyone and not just people that enjoy questing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. MarcC

MarcC Pink Teddy

May 29, 2019
    Male
    9:42 AM
    riffie
    Paladin, Bishop, Corsair
    Spirit
    The EXP you get in questing in general is pretty much negligible once you're above Lv 70 (and finished all of the Area boss quests) so it really isn't much of a disadvantage to quest when it already sucks to begin with. The quest rewards are meh for the most part other than a selected few that can actually make you earn money. I don't really see how questing later gives a "much greater disadvantage". If anything, if you're questing at a higher level, you would, in turn, complete the quests faster, as you're able to sweep through mobs really fast, which makes you gain HP faster by obtaining higher tiers of a Quest Ring.

I feel like you can apply that logic for questing though. By farming for quest items you could be getting gacha, nx, and event items, and if you start questing late at a high level, you could take advantage of stronger skills. I think you underestimate the amount of grinding that needs to be done because you probably didn't quest at all (literally theres a series of quests that makes u grind for 2.3k cursed dolls if you're sadistic enough to do it). It is so negligible compared to the traveling you need to do.

While your concerns may be valid in regards to higher level players missing certain quests, I just wanted to say that I only started and finished questing when I was Lv 16X and still managed to get more than 1000 quests down despite missing a whole lot of quests due to being over-leveled.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. OP
    OP
    Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    7:42 AM
    Kiyomasa, kage, miko, zoku, etc
    Dragon Knight, Cleric, Bowman, Bandit
    Perion
    The whole point of the concept is to give another option, and an option that doesn't drastically cut the time down--you're not going to hit 120 in a week and complete enough quests, you're forced to take a longer time to complete things with questing. Not everyone will choose to utilize it, but the choice would be there, whether most or even some people will do it over voting isn't what I'm worried about. This is more of an incentive for people who were on the fence with questing. "Oh I get bonus maxHP for doing this questline, might as well give it a shot."

Questing for experience has almost always been widely pointless throughout the game's life pre-Big Bang. There's just not enough exp in a quest worth the time you spent doing said quest for the vast majority of them. For people who look at the game with an exp/time point of view, I doubt they'll ever see the value in them. Maple in that era had just never been a quest-driven game.

Whether or not people would abuse it would fall under balancing later on, which is why I think placing them at the end of particular questlines would be better overall. A lot of this stuff becomes trial and error, especially trying to find a good balance among 5(6) classes and 12 subclasses. It might not be possible in the end, it might have to be extremely tailored per subclass, it might just not be necessary because the staff have other, better avenues in mind. But I think proposing doesn't hurt, and discussion can lead to a better overall idea rather than just my own. Sort of like bouncing ideas off a friend or a colleague.

Thanks for reminding me of that little nightmare. I'm reminded about how I'd question which was worse, getting all those cursed dolls or trying to swat a million Maladys for one or two quests afterwards.

6. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    10:42 PM
    Beginner
    Very interesting take on giving more reasons to participate in quests.

However, I'm not really sold on giving hp/mp upon quest completion. I do in fact would much prefer if quests reward NX/Fame (has to be worthwhile doing since mobs drop NX now) as the difficulty progresses and/or an AVOID ring. Yes grinding drops nx/ gives exp/ gacha but i still feel it being tricky tackling issues relating to HP.

Again, if mob drops of NX were removed and solely available via events and more Capped AP resets instead of UnCapped, I then could see more relevance to doing quests for the above 2 alternatives. What we could have is a Passive scenario of questing for NX/Fame/Avoid ring and seasonal events to provide for a mini buff to the NX progression. IMO, the buffs to NX drop coupons are insanely high (500 n 750s) and should be dailed down back to 250 instead with harder drop rates. By doing so, would further revitalise PQs (GPQ/LPQ/CWKPQ).

Currently, there is no quests that reward NX and mobs drop NXs, hence the large majority would still prefer grinding > quests. If however, we get NX via quests and mob drops of NX removed, would IMO be a nice balance in HP washing.

• Like Like x 1