1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

WIPE? NEW SERVER? UPDATE FIX?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by flow, Feb 12, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gallimar

Gallimar King Slime

May 15, 2017
    Male
    1:29 PM
    Beginner
    What Welch said.
    Basically everyone who comes in here and "Disagree" are the rich people who have been here for an extended period of time and dont wanna loose all their shit, or they know someone rich who keeps giving them mesos/items/leech.
    A wipe would be super fun for a very long time! It might even attract new players!
    Basically all the "old" players i speak to say they would quit if they did a wipe. That is a very toxic/selfish and short-term way of thinking.
    Legends should wipe once every 3 years (Or whatever years everyone think is reasonable)

As it stands right now, the server works like this-->

New player: Make a bishop and lvl it to atleast lvl 120, sell some leech and have an extra account on the side that you vote on so you can make that NL/BM/Sair or whatever you wanna make (Voting will take atleast 1 year for the HP washing to be viable in PinkBean/HT)

Old player: Make any char you want and get leeched to 130+ done...

• Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Oradious

Oradious Mr. Anchor

Aug 28, 2018
    Male
    7:29 PM
    Oradious
    F/P Arch Mage, Gunslinger, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    Not like the wealth disparity between accomplished players and proletariats like you won't show in <1 year even if there's a wipe.

• Friendly Friendly x 11
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    8:29 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    i begin to play in august, never leeched, never voted before i played, i am at lv 161 and i dont play Every day..

I disagree because its like what faelfael and ToonToon said about peoples that wanna wipe

• Like Like x 1
  4. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    and btw, the post autor is my friend and he begin in 3 weeks and made a solid progress

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    hahahah wtf is this guy sayin cmon
    that was so funny
    yeah, why not attend to your wishes? lets hear the guy whos starting now and will quit after 1 week, he surely knows what hes saying. fk those old players!!!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  6. Gallimar

Gallimar King Slime

May 15, 2017
    Male
    Beginner
    What class do you play? And did you HP wash? =)

7. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    i played gms since 2005, i know all about wash mechanic btw,
    i am paladin and have 24,5k hp rn,
    Getsmoked and Maneva have journal of a how wash is doable in a ranged char

8. Karn

Karn Mixed Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    Karn, Fayden
    Buccaneer
    Favela
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  9. Palladino

Palladino Master Chronos

Apr 26, 2020
    Paladin
    Funk
    Have fun playing any warrior class with 10k hp at level 160 and 12k at 200 (source: What it means for HP Washing to be optional On MapleLegends | MapleLegends Forums - Old School MapleStory). :)

10. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    7:29 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    Or you can always add 50 int at lvl 50, buy a 6-8wa glove for 500k-2m to compensate the damage lost, and get 30k HP after HB at lvl 150.

Also side note: Based on my observation, most players without leech hits lvl 120 by playing 4 months, even bishops. You should have accumulated the required 400k NX by then to wash that needed HP

12. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    4:29 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. tunafish

tunafish Slime

Aug 2, 2021
    Marksman
    The mindset of the lazy is so predictable. It is always the same talking points. It amuses me how you guys can disregard the amount of hours veteran players have put into this game. Am I "rich"? No, absolutely not, I usually just farm and/or sell leech, but it would still suck very much if there was a wipe. I personally have been playing for about a year, and I have also invested quite a few hours in this game, so again, yeah it would suck like hell if there was a wipe.

"The gap between the rich and poor will never bridge"? Bruh this isn't fking real life, this is a game for pete's sake, where everyone is equal and also has an equal chance of landing the gach lottery. Ofcourse there may be "discriminations" based on classes when it comes to bossing but when it comes to hard work and farming, there really isn't, if for some reason you manage to find one, I can assure you it's most definitely due to your own indolence.

Moreover, the time you guys invested probably isn't anywhere close to those of the "serious" or "semi-serious" players, so it's definitely easy to talk out of your asses in your position. If all you do is come on and afk somewhere and have never really progressed or have any real goals in this game, ofcourse a wipe wouldnt affect you, but the players that actually want to progress in this game and has put in more than enough effort to this game, ofcourse it would tilt the hell out of us if a wipe happens.

And for you to label the people that does not want to lose their progress in something they've spent hours upon hours on, as toxic/selfish and short-term way of thinking. Bro you're the one that's selfish and has a short-term way of thinking, like dude You even mentioned that people has been here for an extended period of time, and you somehow call that short-term thinking? Bro freaking learn to be self-aware and more logically consistent

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. HarryPlays

HarryPlays Red Snail

Jan 20, 2021
    Male
    Harouto
    Hero
    To be honest a wipe would suck for those who spent so much time and energy playing the game. I think it would be unfair to wipe all their progress because of a mechanic. Hp washing has been part of the game since the beginning and many people have chosen the hp washing route for their favorite character. All that hard work should not be taken away from them. I personally would not want a wipe EVER.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    A wipe wouldn't just suck. There's a good chance a ton of existing players would simply quit or migrate to a different server.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. welch123

welch123 King Slime

Nov 4, 2017
    Male
    New York, NY
    7:29 AM
    nucky, Jacinda
    quit ur yappin u little kumquat. I've been playin since 2017 how dare u say im not invested!!! im standing up for all the little guys that feel abused by the system

• Like Like x 1
  17. tunafish

tunafish Slime

Aug 2, 2021
    Marksman
    Then it just means you haven't invested enough for it to actually mean something to you, which is basically what i meant. This was explicitly stated btw, and plus you'll just be arguing over semantics if you disagree with this.

Ahh there we go with the "saviour" complex. Those "little guys" that felt abused by the system when I first started, didn't even make it through 2 months with me on the server, these "little guys" are the ones that quit the server after some inconvenience, and you're here trying to change the server for a bunch of people that won't even stay in the server for a long enough time to even reach midgame let alone endgame. Ofcourse the journey wasn't easy, as this is an Old School Maplestory (OSM) Server, this is how it is supposed to be like, this is what it was intended to be, a grind-ey server. There are other less grindy servers like Royals or Dream, go play those if you don't like spending alot time on a game and want quick(er) progress.

Quit virtue signalling and recognize that this is a game where you can make it with hard work and dedication. If any (new) players don't want to invest a big amount of time in an OSM Server, then don't play legends, you've obviously chose the wrong server if you want an easy way out.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  18. Taida

Taida Mixed Golem

May 30, 2017
    Female
    NYC
    7:29 AM
    Solstice
    i like how even after 5 years the same topics just keep coming back

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Gallimar

Gallimar King Slime

May 15, 2017
    Male
    Beginner
    Wonder why....

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Gallimar

Gallimar King Slime

May 15, 2017
    Male
    Beginner
    Very toxic behaviour right here as i mentioned in my previous post. This is again a very rich person ingame who does not want to loose all his/her shit. This has nothing to do with "new people" feeling the system is too hard or grindy. This is the oppinion of someone who has played many different games for many many years, and someone who sees a clear problem in Legends. I will say again: A game like this is not supposed to be stuck in the same stage for 7 years. All it does it divide further between established players who does not want to loose all their shit, and new players.
    And it is funny to see throughout this post, it really reflects the ingame feel----> There are almost no new players here (or ingame), and you all type the same BS, stuff that is protecting your own assets.

Dont get me wrong, im not a salty guy and i do enjoy Maplestory (Legends specifically). But there is a problem, and im certain that you see it aswell. You just wont ever admit there is a problem since you have those 120+ bishops who keeps making you richer. And before someone starts arguing about that, ofcourse a new player can also lvl a bishop... But cmon... Be realistic about this, there is no way a new player can even come close to bridging the gap there is now between the new and the old. Again i will say, this is due to the game beeing stuck in the same stage for 7 years.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.