1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

WIPE? NEW SERVER? UPDATE FIX?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by flow, Feb 12, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    3:11 PM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    There is literally nothing stopping you from playing a certain way and achieving the same means of production. You simply don't want to.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Gallimar

Gallimar King Slime

May 15, 2017
    Male
    12:11 AM
    Beginner
    You didnt understand a word of what i wrote ^^

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    I understand perfectly fine. :^)

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  4. Kyshies

Kyshies Slimy

Mar 13, 2020
    Elliy
    F/P Arch Mage
    He's trying to seize the means of production because he's got nothing to lose but his chains.

• Great Work Great Work x 2
  5. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    7:11 PM
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    you are the one stucked in the same stage for 7 years. not maplelegends.

• Great Work x 4
    • Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Creative x 1
  6. tunafish

tunafish Slime

Aug 2, 2021
    Marksman
    I have literally addressed every single one of your concerns in both my previous replies. The fact you didn't even bother to hear another opinion shows your own incompetence.

Of course I do not wanna lose my assets, why? well if you actually read my replies you'd know, if you still don't, well go back to grade school and learn basic comprehension.

Furthermore, you definitely did not read the message(s) I was quoting. Hence not knowing the context of my replies. This is evidence enough that you aren't coming into this discussion with good faith.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Palladino

Palladino Master Chronos

Apr 26, 2020
    Paladin
    Funk
    Humorous!

8. OP
    OP
    flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    Lisnar, HolyFlow, Theorist
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    Well, tbh i agree with you in so many points, but i can't understand your view about HP washing.

Yeap, HP wash is trash, this is common sense, needs to be removed? In controversy with my post i think nope, no need to remove it, when i made the post i was emotional.

But i can't understand why they don't lower pinkbean damage (99% of the playerbase won't reach it, but its kinda unmotivating to keep leveling knowing they can't do PB unless they wash pretty high), and create a HP quest who requires, for example, a 6100 NX item plus random mobs etc, for the max of 10k hp on rangeds, and 28k on warriors, something like that (less than the ideal hp to tank everything, ideal hp supposed to be reached only with t10 ring), with the rate of the stale wash for each class, this is going to hold players on the server, the main problem about washing isn't the time required, it's the "re-do your character" thing.

It would be suboptimal? Yes, need to be.
    I can't agree with your vision about hp washing being a balance class parameter, i think it is the thing who most unbalance class between all others.

9. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    You’re only seeing my responses in a vacuum when I am facetiously responding to dumb suggestions. If you read my other posts you’d know I’m in favor of inclusion, but making something that’s already easily accomplished even easier will only serve as a detriment to this servers health. Go read my other posts.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    6:11 AM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    Nothing to do with sub-optimal values.
    Rather it's the opposite - u are speeding up 30k NLs and BMs with this suggestion.

The HP washing problem is not complex, but because u have to tackle two problem at once AND not invalidate the effort of others, it becomes very difficult to solve.

In order for ANY hp washing solution to pass, especially when large amount of HP (above 2-3k) is concerned, it must fulfill the following criterias:

1. Must not invalidate light washers' effort. Effort to obtain this HP will take equal or more compared to NX washing.

2. Must provide enough HP after HB.

3. Must not accelerate the washinf process of hyper washers - aka range with above 15-18k HP.

HP quest does not fulfil the 3rd requirement. At least not in the way u propose.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    1. 16~20 hp per day for 2 APR, light washes would achieve the 10k hp faster and spent less NX, less effort with dailies, and with a very long period of time, non-washing casual players would achieve too.

2.Yeap, at least in some bosses, i agree.

3. I proposed max 10k hp, a character with more than 10k (only BASE HP) isnt supposed to be able to get the quest, but this value can change.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    1st point is very complicated. You cannot just account for washing APRs. but also account for the hard times players go through to either 1) make a bishop and self-leech or 2) grind with 140-200 int with no leech.

3) Base HP is not enough. I can have 2k HP and 8k MP, and take advantage of this system to accelerate my 30k HP

13. OP
    OP
    flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    Well, makes sense, but we can apply a max MP system too, in the end all i want is:
    Wash still the best meta, but new players can make their way till end game without messing up the character, not talking this is easy to do, but i think that should be the MAX priority on the server, just my oppinion.

EDIT: normal wash players 'll need to spent LESS nx overall, less time ( no need to do dailies) and can do the bosses earlier and sometimes more safe

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    Same here. I always say that Skuire's HP Potion idea will be a perfect band-aid if it takes account Max MP, since it will satisfy all 3 requirements. But felt its not enough information to create a new thread kekw

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Junaki

Junaki Stone Golem

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    Northern New York
    6:11 PM
    Google, Piks, Arkin, JunakiG, Doss, Nezi
    Hero, Paladin, Dark Knight, I/L Arch Mage, Bishop, Bowmaster, Marksman, Night Lord, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    Galaxy
    I've been on the server since day one, I wouldn't mind a wipe. But with what you are saying as a reason to wipe the server.. you clearly are just saying that every few years there should be a wipe so the new players have a fair chance?
    If I am getting this wrong, please explain.
    But wiping the server just so new players can be closer financially to old players is just absurd.
    That's like saying let the guy at x job who has been there 20 years just give up his pay so the new guy can feel better about the money he makes.
    This is not how real life works.
    There are many successful games out there that have never wiped- unless something was deeply systematically wrong with the game. There are many flaws in this game, but you can't simply wipe a game just to give newer players a chance to be as good as the old players. It took them time to get where they were.
    Once again, I'm a player whose been here since like day 1, and an not opposed to a wipe if it indeed fix all the issues that are wrong with legends.

The washing in the server and in MapleStory in general is trash and should be completely removed. But that's much easier said than done.
    Wiping every 3 years? Lol come on now. Offer a real solution. That doesn't even deserve a response.
    They need to come up with better ways so little don't have to wait two/three years to wash a character. Quest ring, boss quest that gives a certain amount of HP when cleared in a certain time limit capped at a certain HP gain forcing more than the minimal amount of party and uses of apples to stimulate economy more.
    Something has to be done.
    If there is ever a wipe, I would love to see a solution to washing and all of the other current problems of maple first. Otherwise, you wipe and we are back to the same place we once we're a couple/few years down the road. Doesn't solve anything.

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. OP
    OP
    flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    Buccaneer
    Funk

Same here, i like the idea of wipe or a new server, but to be 100% honest, idk if i only agree with that because i'm a "new" player :( , idk if i'm altruistic like you.

Multiclient, leech and wash, in my oppinion the 3 things who unbalance and make old school maplestory experience worse.

People don't agree with multiclient being bad, but to me mules and multimages farm aren't good things to exist)

Multiclient:
    1º More people doing hardcore farms -> less mesos value - > become harder to players who want to casually evolve in the game without mages, if u want grind in a map with good layout to 2 mages you're supposed to call your friend, not bring 2 mages.
    2º Buff Mules on boss runs/grind -> indirect nerf on independent jobs (like shadower) -> top DPM classes become OP, kill class variety.
    Kim said the server 'll become pay2win, (buy new pc and play multiclient with VPN), but this is in my vision not a excuse to not make this change, maplelegends is p2w since you can buy a hack or mesos online? You can be BANNED, its against the rules, same as multiclienting with 8 clients on this scenario.

Leech:
    1º Isn't necessarily BAD, the worst problem is being the META since wash exists.

Wash:
    1º re-do your character lol.
    2º wait 1.5 years to get your hp goal.
    3º go to the rope, you're not able to play the game xD
    4º Rangeds with more surviveability than warriors.

17. mard

mard Mixed Golem Retired Staff

Jul 20, 2021
    Male
    5:11 PM
    Ranged having more survivability than warriors is strictly not true, given that warriors have achilles and generally more weapon defense as well.

18. OP
    OP
    flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    Its easier to avoid touch damage (in general more dmg) and have more avoidability in the big majority of cases, since they have the same potential max hp as warriors, they can have ways ways more surviveability, in some cases yeap, warriors have more surviveability, but idk if this applies on endgame, one untouchable nightlord with 19K+ hp is ways more safe than a hero/pally (lets ignore drk lol).
    But achilles helps a lot too (buff guardian)

19. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    6:11 PM
    iPippy
    Survivability beyond having enough hp to tank a hit really only comes into play when analyzing potion costs or dealing with situations like sed + 1/1 + attack. At equal hp, sure warrior reduces damage and thus healing costs by 15%, even archer can get a dodge rate higher than 15%, reducing overall damage and thus costs by much more than 15%. Unsure of contemporary sair numbers, but minimal avoid building should put dodge rate high enough to keep up there. Not to mention dodging an attack outright is miles better than stancing a hit due to stance having no protection from nasty rider effects such as stun/sed/dp.

At the very least Achilles gives a relative 1/1 immunity, but it won't take a very hard followup hit to guarantee death if hit while sedded. In those situations only a miss/shifter proc, being a sedower, or having a healbot can truly save you. Arguably those situations are few in actual practice and warrior feels better to sed in ht than ranged (or maybe ranged uptime is just more important than warrior uptime?). The leg-up a warrior would have over an equal hp ranged is consistency in tanking ability over a prolonged sed period with guaranteed achilles... just as long as the total damage remains in the thin 15% threshold where a non-dodging range would die while a warrior would survive. Outside of that, dodging is simply better. And both are vastly outclassed by sedower's defensive kit.

Stance and Achilles are nice tools, but imo need to be paired with a higher hp pool to provide a tangible benefit. Over a long-term fight, the ranged chars are going to take less damage than warriors due to avoid and distance from the fight. Barring luxuries like high washed melee hurricane, ranged chars rarely have to stand next to the giant beatsticks of touch dmg in any content (as "ranged" implies). On a short-term, death is really only a threat in extenuating circumstances such as sed, and the window between warrior survival and ranged death gets ever smaller as hp values between the two archetypes converge. And this analysis doesn't even include Dodge Lord.

Tl;dr: Warrior having more survivability than ranged is strictly not true, given that ranged have reach and generally more avoidability as well.

20. mard

mard Mixed Golem Retired Staff

Jul 20, 2021
    Male
    5:11 PM
    I figured someone would bring in the avoid argument when discussing that ranged have more survivability, but even a 30k HP ranged will die when sed'd into empowered tail whereas a warrior can live it, and get healed by a bishop. Not really sure why you're discussing potion costs/other effects since they aren't really relevant to survivability, unless you define survivability to be the number of potions someone uses in a boss fight. You can still continue to pot up when stunned or DP'd, and seds will hit you regardless of whether you have high avoid or not. I will admit though that anecdotally a nightlord sed does seem to fare better in scenarios where the bishop DCs compared to at least a DK sed (since they'll dodge more 1/1's when sed'd).

I don't disagree with you that dodging is better than tanking a hit (quite obviously) and that ranged characters will take less damage over a long fight as a result; however, my claim that warriors have more survivability boils down to the fact that when hit by a move, warriors will be able to survive in scenarios where a ranged character cannot (such as like you mentioned, getting 1/1'd into perhaps the crystal rock at HT or tanking a hit of the tail).

Edit: I didn't even take into account of hero/paladin guardian which increases their survivability substantially as well, especially when compared with archers/sairs although admittedly both heroes and pallies should probably be using a claymore anyways.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.