1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Optimal Path to End-Game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by -ovv, Dec 20, 2021.

1. ijw0908

ijw0908 Slime

Jun 16, 2020
    7:06 AM
    Beginner
    what ovv talks is not a joke or madness in ml nowdays.

If someone seriously wants to upgrade their gears, all players are destinied to use ws & cs. And this is only way u can afford it.

Disparity between users is getting worse day by day.

2. GooBeR

GooBeR Master Chronos

Aug 29, 2021
    3:06 PM
    Your not gonna get your alts to 125 with an unfunded bishop. You're going to get stuck 2 hitting wolf spiders until you get gen20. And then you're going to get stuck at ulu1. You might say lvl up your bishop a bit and I'd say no one wants to partner 5-6 with an unfunded bishop.

It'd probably be cheaper and faster to buy leech to your f/p and leech your alts with that character when it can do petris.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    You do realize Gen20 is like 2m now a days right?

4. GooBeR

GooBeR Master Chronos

Aug 29, 2021
    It's like 5m, but that is just a small point in my argument.

5. OP
    OP
    -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    upload_2022-3-1_1-5-57.png

I stand corrected. It's 900k.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  6. GooBeR

GooBeR Master Chronos

Aug 29, 2021
    Ok you win this insignificant part. How do you plan on doing ulu1 with your unfunded bishop?

[​IMG]

1120 TMA w/ gen20 at a lowish lvl isn't attainable quickly.

7. OP
    OP
    -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Didn't know there were only 12 mobs in the game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. GooBeR

GooBeR Master Chronos

Aug 29, 2021
    If you want to post your inefficient leech guide I'm all ears. Kinda tired of fighting for maps with semi afk ppl at ulu.

• Useful Useful x 2
  9. OP
    OP
    -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Why use my guide when you can do research or explore instead? :V
    All I will say is that bishop tma table is old as fuck. lmao

10. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    6:06 AM
    LF someone to sweep them reprice them for 25m ea :D

• Like Like x 1
  11. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    You can just stay at wolf spider past lv 85 on your mules to farm mesos, or swap to jonin (mob in ninja castle that is weak to holy) for better drops. You can spend the mesos that you farm while self leeching at the lower level maps at things like ulu2 leech and repeat this process until your characters reach 108. By the time your bishop reaches level 130, you will be able to do 2hit skeles with a level 130 ele wand and genesis 20.

12. Signature

Signature Stone Golem

Apr 29, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    12:06 AM
    Flamous
    Bishop
    Gallos might be an option too past level 89.

Edit: Also misting on the f/p mages you are levelling might be an option aswell

13. GooBeR

GooBeR Master Chronos

Aug 29, 2021
    I've been meaning to make my own Bishop guide, just to give my two cents on my whole bishop experience, especially as a first character. It's not as easy as OP makes it seem. You level slowly after ghost ship grinding because you lost your best mobbing skill heal, since it scales with luk. At lvl 90+ I found the best ways to get exp was to team up in himes and lure mobs for a DK to kill em all with the benefits of HS. It was kind of hit or miss if I could find someone who to grind with.

Galloperas solo was probably the next best thing because teaming up with any mage would mean they'd dominate the map with their superior mobbing skills, and steal your mobs. The exp would average out the same as if you were going solo, less if they dealt good damage. The best exp was to offer free leech just for than HS bonus and have the galloperas map to yourself.

I was about to quit the game because the grind sucked so bad but a friend gave me advice to just buy leech to 120. I was 110 and I was hoarding mesos like a dragon because meso problems early game when I couldn't afford MP potions so I used a chair to regain MP LOL. What was going to take me a week of effort and mindless grinding took a leecher a day to get me from 110 to 120.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Signature

Signature Stone Golem

Apr 29, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    Flamous
    Bishop
    Why are most interactions on forums now newer players feeling entitled to either huge server changes like wipes or to be spoonfed information while contributing nothing. I've previously talked to -ovv about the optimal skele rotation and he was very kind to give me some pointers in the right direction, however the attitude you bring into the question will also result what answer you will get. Maybe we should make a new thread a'la Jesscapades on how to ask for advice?

Bishop is by far the easiest character to make, since it has almost no dip in power such as late 2nd job/early 3rd due to GS, almost no potcost due to mana reg, always wanted in PT due to HS, can leech by itself in 4th due to HS etc. Is it easy to create a 4th job char with no funding regardless of job? No, but that is the ML experience things are not supposed to be easy. Also Heal does scale with int so idk why you would post your statements without factchecking. Regarding training, just add the people you enjoy training with and try get a team of consistent training partners. That is in my opinion the fun part of grinding.

Also wrong, why not duo gallos with another priest or IL mage? And this is not the final answer either, there are tons of spots for 3rd job, but they are all super grindy. That's why leech is so prevalent late 3rd job.

Tbh if making it to 4th job with a single character made you consider quitting, making a Mage farm might not be the best option for you. Define your end goal instead of just investing all your time into a strategy the staff will most likely be nerfed within the next patch. A why will overcome any how.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    ^ my favorite post in the past weeks

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    6:06 AM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    just as u said, easiest doesn't mean its easy, and for the better of worse, not everyone is willing to tough it out.

also, there's leeching. there will be people feeling discouraged knowing that their weeks of effort can be converted into hours of buying (subjectively) affordable leech.

not saying that its justifiable, but i do think the grief one may feel is at least. logical.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. OP
    OP
    -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Mages leeching mages. How many of these have we seen in the past few weeks. :^)
    Looks like we'll be seeing some 2 channel octo-mage or deca-mage farm set ups soon.
    upload_2022-5-3_21-26-54.png

• Like Like x 4
  18. jc123

jc123 Brown Teddy

Jun 21, 2020
    jc43
    Warrior
    i see that whisper :oops:

also, anyone else have cpu issues running 10 clients? :(

19. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    7:06 PM
    Lisnar, HolyFlow, Theorist
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    As a relatively new player(started at february this year) i can understood why new players become so mad when they discover about what is the legends meta, because posts like that one exists and somepeople just don't know how to play the game and keep doing this trashtalk of you only being able to be relevant if you play like THIS, thats not true, but make any new player mad,
    so they just show their obvious points on forum thinking they can change and understood everything, you can't blame they because it REALLY sucks, and everyone who ask for a wipe just want to be stronger than everyone, but without doing the same farm of the top players, if the server got a wipe things are going to remain the same so they'll ask for another wipe OnionMuha

Bishop is really easy to make, but its very very far from being the easiest, maybe the more lazy?
    FirePoisons can get almost 2x or even more than clerics starting at 60,30~60 being hard is really meme since you can just PQ/afford leech with some quests who give valuable scrolls/gachapons, and at 80 you'll receive 8x more exp than an usual priest.
    For HS you can just buy leech the entire way with a little bit of farming/money saved from the f/p, since priests can receive a huge damage increase with a good amount of int gears, f/p literally level to 130 naked and can start doing leeching at ulu2 before the priest get lv 120, and since it don't have almost any cost you can easily reach on petri tma thresold, 0 pot costs on gs is confortable but no OP.
    Its not even your point of the post, but i'd like to point gallos isn't nearly good like CD's,Vikerolas,Grim Phantom Watches and Himmes, maybe only for an I/L

This post is unnecessary, toxic and discourage new players to start (even not being the objective of the OP), can't agree more with you here.

• Great Work Great Work x 3
  20. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    6:06 PM
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    In response to the original post.

I believe the OP wrote an insightful post that deserves real discussion.

I wanted to ask.

We've seen a number of changes recently to the listed strategies, and wonder how they have, if any, changed the OP's strategy:

- 2022 balance changes removing safe-spots might impact multi-mage farming viability?
    - Changes to Rogue's Dark Sight impacting the efficiency of the sweeper mule.
    - Impacts of Meso Up, and this a sweeper mule being able to pickup $1k+ meso bags.

Have any of these changes impacted the original listed strategy?