1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Thief Blu's Full Guide For Shadowers

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by Blu301, Nov 3, 2019.

1. OP
    OP
    Blu301

Blu301 Pac Pinky

May 20, 2019
    Male
    East Coast, USA
    10:07 AM
    Blu301
    Shadower
    Summer
    Yo. Love that, shad's a really good time

6.7k HP clean in that context means total. Base is probs a better term for HP without any gears equipped at all. I see why clean is a bit ambiguous, I just meant it in contrast to doubling the number for Meso Guard or having the Hyper Body buff. You can include monster book ring + pet equips with your clean HP cause those are evergreen best-in-slot items

Don't fret too much about the washing, my int gears were trash until lvl 120+ :] Even if you start washing from scratch in the middle of 4th job with no base int, there are ways to end up perfectly fine. Enjoy

• Like Like x 2
  2. jeezzz

jeezzz Blue Snail

Jun 2, 2021
    10:07 PM
    jeez101
    I/L Mage
    Ahhh I see, that makes sense now. Great, thanks a lot :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. yotam123

yotam123 Mano

Aug 1, 2021
    5:07 PM
    Hi guys,
    I started my first character here as a shadower, and im level 149 right now.
    I have no base int, I started washing at like level 90 with 60~ish int from gear,
    And at lvl 140 started leveling with 90 int,
    Now have total 110 int with gear when leveling.

I'm getting a bit discouraged about the things im hearing, and fearing that I wont be able to boss properly. Currently have 4.4k hp without gear.

Any idea what's the play here? I want to be able to do every boss in the game, but im fine if I wont be able to PB with this character.

Thx in advance

Oh and I went over your guide like 30 times blu thanks for all the info !

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  4. OP
    OP
    Blu301

Blu301 Pac Pinky

May 20, 2019
    Male
    East Coast, USA
    Blu301
    Shadower
    Summer
    Hi:) if you want to wash more to do everything in the game, for Pink Bean you'll need at least like 7.4K-7.5K HP I believe (and HB still). You should look into or ask people about MP washing. It takes a lot of vote NX and AP resets, but that's how you are able to gain a lot of HP even at late levels. You need to save some AP stats, and pump some into INT, so that you can also pump into MP and net a positive, and then you wash them out. Look up a guide! Glad you found this one helpful <3 gl

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  5. Romel

Romel Stone Golem

Jul 10, 2018
    Male
    9:07 AM
    oXLuffyXo
    Buccaneer
    Yonkou
    Hola blu recientemente vi mi taunt mule como potencial sed mule y quería preguntarte, en este caso es mejor ir a puro luk por mas avoid? , mi plan es ser SED fuera del party 6 man (tengo 7k), usando equip luk avoid, en este caso que sería mejor +50avoid usando htp o +300 hp de mon, +25avood maple ashura daguer o +108hp fan, actualmente lo tengo en lv 141 máx shif máx taunt y planeo solo maxear will y Ss, son dudas que no me dejan dormir

6. OP
    OP
    Blu301

Blu301 Pac Pinky

May 20, 2019
    Male
    East Coast, USA
    Blu301
    Shadower
    Summer
    RomelRomel LUFF!!!!!!! If you're using this shad exclusively as a sed mule, I think it makes sense to go full luk. If you get to higher levels, you'll avoid way more hits, regardless of if you're full luk or not. But Horntail's level 160 so as a low level shad, even with max shifter and full luk, I think you'll still get hit often. Definitely focus on avoid gear, HTP is much better than MON (as long as you're above the minimum 1-hit-KO HP thresholds).

Nice to hear from you brother <3 Hope all is well :V

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Romel

Romel Stone Golem

Jul 10, 2018
    Male
    oXLuffyXo
    Buccaneer
    Yonkou
    Gracias Blu muchas gracias, estoy haciendo otro bucanero esta vez con todo lo que le falto al primero, tambien un corsario, entoces por lo que dices tener puro luk o ser un shad normal no hace mucha diferencia para evitar ataques?

• Like Like x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Blu301

Blu301 Pac Pinky

May 20, 2019
    Male
    East Coast, USA
    Blu301
    Shadower
    Summer
    RomelRomel Hmmm, I've played everything except corsair and personally think shad is the most enjoyable class lol. So I'd recommend just making a normal shad. I don't think full luk will make an impactful difference in misses because you don't require that much str and dex with a full set of gears (even if mediocre) anyways. If you went normal build, you could still use avoid gears during Horntail, and it probably wouldn't be much worse than going full luk. A shad mule that can do damage is actually pretty nice for farming mesos too

To me it feels like shads don't avoid enough hits to be AFK-style until the very high levels (estimating 180+), once the base luk gets extremely high. Shadow shifter will account for most of the misses at lower levels, and with a normal build you'll still have a lot of base luk. But if you're confident the shad is only a mule, I guess full luk would help a bit, I'm just not sure it'd be too noticeable.

LUFFY V2!!!!! Hell yeah. You're a legend

9. Romel

Romel Stone Golem

Jul 10, 2018
    Male
    oXLuffyXo
    Buccaneer
    Yonkou
    Gracias blu seguiré tu consejo de dejarlo como un shad normal, en mi caso la clase que me parece mas divertida de jugar son los bucaneros de la vieja escuela :D

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Lyro

Lyro Blue Snail

Dec 19, 2021
    Male
    7:07 AM
    Lyronite
    I/L Wizard
    HOOD
    yo blu u got discord ? wondering if i could ask u a few questions

11. OP
    OP
    Blu301

Blu301 Pac Pinky

May 20, 2019
    Male
    East Coast, USA
    Blu301
    Shadower
    Summer
    LyroLyro yeah you can just DM me on the forums or send the handle

12. Lyro

Lyro Blue Snail

Dec 19, 2021
    Male
    7:07 AM
    Lyronite
    I/L Wizard
    HOOD
    How do i dm you ?

13. kygomusic

kygomusic Snail

Nov 21, 2021
    Male
    Bandit
    Why do you say that we get+15% exp from taunt when it gives +40%maxed? Thanks for the guide, its awesome, I started ML 2months ago and im a CB lvl117 right now

14. OP
    OP
    Blu301

Blu301 Pac Pinky

May 20, 2019
    Male
    East Coast, USA
    Blu301
    Shadower
    Summer
    yo. i'm sure some other long-time shads could give you numbers, 15% is just me eyeballing over time. Taunt isn't a short animation, and it also includes damage reduction equivalent to the exp gain percentage, so in reality when used optimally you don't gain close to +40% exp as stated, unless maybe they're mobs you can 1-hit, but then the exp's gonna be trash

by the stage when you're able to use taunt, you're most likely only gonna use it on very high-hp mobs (shaolin 7f), so after you taunt them you still need 1-3+ hits to finish them off. if you like to train, using taunt is kinda cool because you want to localize using it on a lot of mobs at the same time, pref with really low hp so the damage reduction's impact is minimized, so there's some unique strategy to it

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    11:07 AM
    Lisnar, HolyFlow, Theorist
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    Hello Blu, ty for the awesome guide!
    But i have a few questions about shadowers, if you can answer me i'll be happy.

1º- Are shadowers DPM influenced by ping? I live in Brazil and i'm afraid of losing a lot of potential because of that.

2º - Ideal HP wash, what HP u think is great for Shadowers? I know they dont need alot, but for example, the best HP for ranged class is 19k~, so they can survive with g.ales, and what about shadowers, as a end game player, if u create another shadower how much hp you'll want?

3º - I played on shadower on Dream and they can jump smoke, to cover more areas, we have that feature here too?

Sry for taking your time, and again, nice guide!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. OP
    OP
    Blu301

Blu301 Pac Pinky

May 20, 2019
    Male
    East Coast, USA
    Blu301
    Shadower
    Summer
    flowflow yo. i'm not super active these days so potentially outdated info

1. if you have a bad connection that's a whole thing, can be inconvenient for any class. shad or warrior could be a nice choice for bossing since we have the best survivability, especially shad if you wash. the flipside argument, i guess shad could be marginally worse in 4th job because our main solo-attack macro can trip up on dark sight (ish, hard to explain), but i wouldn't put weight on that unless your ping is reeeally bad. you'll probs be fine

2. i think i always told people i'd shoot for ~15k hp if remaking. if you wanna go all-out, i'd go for ~12k+ hp "clean" by lvl 18x (including gears, so 24k after meso guard). that should safely clear pink bean's touch damage threshold, you wouldn't even need HB. Pretty unnecessary though, and definitely at least until New Tokyo part 2 or something

3. yeah jump smoking works. it connects most but not 100% of the time

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    yo,
    Pretty sad about the ping problem :( , but fine, i have around 300ms, i hope this doesnt hit my dpm very hard, if i choose another job instead of shadower probably isn't because of that.
    Sorry for bothering you, but i have a final question, is 5~6 man shadower ht run viable on this server? Perma smoke, and triggering mass sed being allowed since they're all shadowers (bombing tail with the mesos saved on the run because of the smokes is a thing too).

18. Augurk

Augurk Snail

Feb 28, 2022
    Male
    4:07 PM
    Augurk
    Hero
    Active
    Wow Gratz on 200! Good guide btw :)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  19. OP
    OP
    Blu301

Blu301 Pac Pinky

May 20, 2019
    Male
    East Coast, USA
    Blu301
    Shadower
    Summer
    holy shit. GUHHK!!!!!!! nice to hear from you brother <3 hope you thriving

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  20. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    i was thinking about 17k~ clean at lv 200, so i can get potentially get 30k with hb, but somepeople told me this is bad because u'll spent more mesos on meso guard, what u think about it? If i have enough cash i should do it? sorry for bothering you with so many questions D=