1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Returning to the game after several years of absence- what should I do regarding hp washing?

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by PowderedJinx, Jan 14, 2022.

1. PowderedJinx

PowderedJinx Mushmom

Apr 17, 2015
    Nautilus Harbor
    3:34 AM
    PowderedJinx
    Outlaw
    My main character is a lvl 8X Outlaw which I made around the release day of MapleLegends, at a time where everyone was starting and no one was really funded yet. I took a break from the game for a few years and recently decided to come back, and now the meta has changed alot since I first played. I made a warrior as my new return character since they don't have to worry about HP washing much, and I'm having a lot of fun with it but find myself wanting to return to my Outlaw. However, I can't help but feel de motivated to play on it, as the thought of not having enough HP to survive bosses later down the line is a constant nagging feeling in the back of my mind while I play my Outlaw. I don't have many funds to create INT eqs, nor do I have the patience to create a mage character to farm items to fund my Outlaw, and especially considering the fact that my Outlaw is already lvl 82, I can't help but feel a lack of motivation to continue playing my Outlaw and want to focus on my warrior instead. This has made me feel very conflicted as I find the Outlaw gameplay to be very fun. Does anyone have any general advice for this?

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  2. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    Remake Outlaw keep its gear borrow INT gear from friends that don't mind you borrowing them.

Welcome back to Legends though hope you find the fun you had before again now.

3. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    6:34 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    If u don't wanna remake, u can have a look at double washing/mp washing.

will cost more NX, but for memory/nostalgia purpose it may be worth it for u

4. OP
    OP
    PowderedJinx

PowderedJinx Mushmom

Apr 17, 2015
    Nautilus Harbor
    PowderedJinx
    Outlaw
    What is double washing/mp washing?

5. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    mp washing is when u use fresh ap points (that you obtain whenever u level up), add MP points, then reset the MP points into main stat.

Doing this will grant u a total of (Base Int/10) - 2 MP. For eg, if you have 100 Base Int, u will get (100/10)-2 = 10-2 = 8 MP

More MP means u have more excess MP to convert to HP. To double wash, do MP washing first, den do stable HP washing. Stale HP washing do not use fresh AP - Reset a stat into HP, and continuously reset as many MP into HP, and once yoi are done, reset one point of HP back to main stat

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    Double washing is when you're using more NX to gain more MP for more HP

An example would be
    Get to a total of 150 for double and 260 for triple (base int)
    You level up get 5 fresh AP add all 5 into MP, reset MP into stats(the fresh AP you added into MP) and reset MP into HP
    Then reset your base int back into your main stats.

edit: Triple would give 30k HP 30k MP.

edit 2: I'm not entirely sure about triple though but TimmehDCTimmehDC is currently around 29k HP and like 26k MP for his NL

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    PowderedJinx

PowderedJinx Mushmom

Apr 17, 2015
    Nautilus Harbor
    PowderedJinx
    Outlaw
    Ah, thank you both for the info. I'll have to clarify more when/if I get around to mp washing. Thinking back on the hours I spent grinding/party questing with my Outlaw I probably won't remake him since I put so much effort into him already, so I'll settle for mp washing. If I do make another ranged class like an Assassin or Archer I'll probably considering seriously hp washing then.

8. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    Glad to help out, Nise made an HP Washing Formula Complication just make sure that you have base int goal before dumping points into your MP pool.

edit: Forgot to link this Lynux HP/MP Washing EXPLAINED Lynx better explains here in depth on washing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    6:34 AM
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
  10. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    Beginner
    welcome back!

From my experience and having spent some fortune in INT gears, you wouldnt need very good int gear at all, an avg scrolled 60% int gear (cape, wooden wand, all those except expensive ones like helm int) would suffice for not so efficient mp gains. I.e. +100 int gear vs +40 int gear would most oftenly result in a 6mp advantage per level. Having this 6 bonus across from say lvl 80 to 200 (120*6 = 720 bonus mp). Where MP washing gives way more as compared to int gear. Example using 150 int base: MP gain per fresh AP = (150/10)-2 = 13mp = 13 * 5 (5 fresh ap) = 65mp per level.

This is where MP washing comes into play as mentioned by the above few posts. If your base int is not high right now and you've got surplus NX from your time away. I'd suggest stop leveling right now and:
    - reset Dex into your Int till 150-200 (depending on HP goal)
    - level up and mp wash
    - AP reset (-mp +main stat, for more dmg)
    - AP reset (-mp +hp, for more hp to survive some scenarios)
    - AP reset (-mp +INT, if you wish to further increase ur MP washing gains)