1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Bring Back that Untradeable Chair

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by davlia, Feb 25, 2022.

Tags:
  1. davlia

davlia King Slime

Sep 22, 2020
    Female
    3:26 AM
    Bishop
    TLDR: I want past untradeable chairs to be brought back as untradeable chairs BUT now it can be obtained by new players while REMAINING untradeable.

Can we bring back old event chairs that have always been untradeable (and keep it untradeable)? This wont break the chair market as it was never sold to begin with. This gives a chance for new players to get old chairs that look nice too. Possibly bringing back old untradeable chairs would be one less thing for event planners to have to think about for upcoming events?

I know there are other event chairs that are untradeable like the 5th Anniversary Chair but that should stay untradeable and not come back since I think its special for people who actually played at that time. These are all the event chairs I can think of at the moment, please let me know if there are more up for suggestion. Some of these are really old like 2+ years and some of these are fairly recent.

Magic Book Chair
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cheesy Mouse Chair
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ice Pororong Train Chair
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pink Bean Cube Chair
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks to my friends for being my models with their chairs <3

• Agree Agree x 23
    • Creative Creative x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. penguinvivi

penguinvivi Red Snail

Apr 29, 2020
    Female
    5:26 AM
    penguinvivi2
    I/L Wizard
    Agree! I would like the magic book chair now that the positions of chairs have changed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    I think keeping these as a low rate raffle reward for future repeats of events they were initially given could be a nice incentive for people to raffle, or kept as an extremely high cost event purchase (3k+ event points). I know it's not the best way to go about it, but there should be some way to maintain the rarity.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. Mott

Mott Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Dec 2, 2018
    Maya's House
    NightShadow, CannotAim, Mattato, Mottini
    Night Lord
    Spirit
    (Speaking as a player) Many of them are gone because people quit, make new chars, etc. The reason why old chairs can be around now is because they can be passed between characters and down from friends. Untradeable chairs don’t get that luxury. I think they should be come back every other year, or go through the “bring back the chair” poll, but be common for everyone to get, and slowly get more rare as time goes on

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    I think if untradeable chairs came back every other year and was as obtainable as any other chair, they'd lose their iconic status as a relic of old. Making it more difficult to obtain could gatekeep them from becoming too common of an item, reserved only for those who really, really want it.

I think raffling might be too feast or famine, so making it an exclusive high-ticket event point item would probably be best.

• Like Like x 1
  6. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    6:26 AM
    iPippy
    If it's going to remain untradeable, raffle will not be a well received implementation. Users who do not want the chair will see it as lowering the rates on stuff they do want (whether or not this is actually true), while users who do want the chair are forced into raffle and are not even guaranteed to get it on the (correct) character with 0 ability to purchase it on the open market.

I'm a bit of a chair collector myself, and an untradeable chair unfortunately holds 0 value. Additionally, as soon as an event ends, untradeable chairs are practically erased from existence. I make sure to claim at least a copy of untradeable chairs for my own sake or in the hopes that it eventually becomes tradeable, but *most* players won't ever have the option to attain their perfect chair in a game where many casual and even some hardcore players care about style. (And don't get me started on when I want to put my chairs on another of my characters).

I've been fighting the war on untradeable chairs about as long as the war on NLs :cool:. I can't speak for all players, but I would be willing to see basically all untradeable chairs made tradeable in tandem with a re-release of said chair. Simply making a chair tradeable won't fix the rarity, and would likely still keep chairs like Magic Book practically unattainable (idk how many users are active, bothered to get one in a relatively coin-starved event, and be willing to sell).

I think a few iconic chairs which are already re-released every year such as the Valentine chairs and Fishing chair are okay to keep untradeable, as users are never truly "locked out" of them, similar to event equips. I really do think examples like these should be the exceptions, rather than the rule. And if they weren't easily attainable, (such as being raffle-locked) I'd probably throw a bit more of a fit over them too.

Tl;dr re-release past untradeable event chairs and make then tradeable at the same time. This limits players who already have the chairs from getting a sudden massive value boost, and even allows the old chairs to be used with their newer characters. When's the last time you ever saw anybody sitting on "Pink Bean's Magic Chair"?

P.S. Does anybody remember the "Soothing Lilies" chair? Nothing too special of a chair, but I could have SWORN it was an untradeable chair that is currently tradeable as of this patch. It released same event as sprout iirc.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Mott

Mott Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Dec 2, 2018
    Maya's House
    NightShadow, CannotAim, Mattato, Mottini
    Night Lord
    Spirit
    I do think the issue with
    I think people like this ruin that though, which is why I think unfortunately they have to be kept untradeable
    lmaonoob.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    That's exactly why I say it has to be paired with a re-release of said chair. Supply of chairs during many (not all) event distributions tend to be massive anyways, so if implemented properly will drown out farmers. Those VonBon chairs additionally weren't free; they still had an opportunity cost of 1.5 raffles. Farmers are an issue, but every chair gets farmed. I see it only unfair if it were suddenly made tradeable without another chance to attain it (or farm it) yourself.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    I'd really like having that haunted house with the moon chair whatever its called to be returned along with some other ones so that event locked chairs that are tradeable are in grasp for others to obtain.

10. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    That person is on maple island and couldn't buy anything else since raffle was 70+ :roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Randuwu

Randuwu Slime

Feb 9, 2021
    Male
    Jollibae
    Bishop
    Katsu
    Welcome to the forums, penguinvivi!!! :pinkbean:

+1, I also agree with this idea. I want the magic book chair on more of my characters!!!

12. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    6:26 PM
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    Just sell untradeable chairs on rotation basis with huge meso cost, like 100m? Meso sink?

13. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    Just limit the point chairs in future events to 1 so that people legit cannot stack them.

14. sheepes

sheepes Mushmom

Apr 21, 2020
    Male
    sheepes
    Chief Bandit
    I think event chairs (tradable and untradable) need to be brought back. Period.
    I feel like the market for event chairs dwindles as players get banned. And we've been seeing a lot of bans.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Hard disagree on bringing back tradable chairs in any open-ended event form (raffles, farming). Maybe once every anniversary event, staff could host a larger Community Event (non-RNG, entry based) that would allow maybe a handful of winners to select a chair of their choice to incentivize people to participate, similar to this community event.

However, I wouldn't mind if there were alternative/recolored versions of rare, older, and in-demand chairs. This way, there would be a slight distinction between the two.
    E.G. Red Winter Chair could be recolored and offered as a semi-exclusive re-release, but it wouldn't devalue the original Red Winter Chair.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. OP
    OP
    davlia

davlia King Slime

Sep 22, 2020
    Female
    Bishop
    Also hard pass on this idea. I collect chairs because they're rare (and tradeable) if we brought back old tradeable chairs, the market for chairs would just burn to hell and collectors would riot.

oooo that would be a nice incentive. getting like a specific chair of your choice for winning an entry based event.

17. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    11:26 AM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Someone had to say it. Chairs are made for sitting on, not to be used as an investment tool.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  18. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Sitting on chairs is a status symbol kind of like driving a nice car. There isn't much of a difference in terms of utility/function outside of social credence.
    Going along with the car analogy, re-releasing tradable chairs would be akin to a car manufacturer re-releasing classic/collectible cars in their exact form. All this would do is dilute the supply and collectibility of the item while eliminating the reason it was collectible in the first place (rarity). A better way to 're-release' a classic car would be through a remake in homage of the classics.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Signature

Signature Stone Golem

Apr 29, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    11:26 AM
    Flamous
    Bishop
    I'd rather have people invest in chairs for speculative value than WS, coins or CS.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  20. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    I don't want to spam reaction since I've reacted to about two in this thread but I agree with you, this way people aren't gated by a single popular item it be a pouch or as coins.