1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Windows 8/8.1/10 Pc crashes when I play Maplestory

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by Trius, Jan 6, 2022.

1. Trius

Trius Snail

Jan 6, 2022
    Male
    10:40 AM
    Kaenos
    Beginner
    So, the deal is simple to explain but I cannot fix it. Whenever I play Maplestory (I even tried hopping to another PS just to test it, and it still happens) the game works fine without any lag or problems.
    Then, after an indeterminate amount of time, my WHOLE PC restarts. I have even turned off automatic restart on crash, but it doesn't seem to care and restarts anyway. It skips the BSOD, gives no error log, and simply just freezes my PC for 2 seconds before it full just restarts without any prompt or warning. It does not matter what I am doing, I can turn on the game and sit on the log in screen and minimize the game and it'll eventually crash my PC.

It is ONLY MAPLESTORY that does this, I have tried many other games for multiple hours, turn on MS and I got a max of 30 minutes before it reboots guaranteed.

I am/have:

• Using Windows 10 Pro
    • Have an AMD Radeon (TM) RX 580 with the most up to date graphics drivers
    • Have tried setting it to every compatible setting, currently sitting on Vista
    • Allowed the files to be firewall exempt (Tested with firewall off as well)
    • Changed the resolution, and changed my monitor refresh rate
    • Adjusted many settings and allowed my graphics card to set up "optimized" settings for the game
    • Updated all drivers, and even my BIOS
    • Have taken out one stick of ram and tested both individually, neither show any issues.
    • Deleted all %temp% files
    • Tested the health of my computer's RAM, memory, processing unit, etc to make sure it's nothing related to faulty tech.
    • Turned off "Autmatically restart PC when computer crashes" feature, the crash still completely forces PC to restart.
    • And some other things I can't think about at the moment.
    Can anyone please send some assistance my way? I am at my wits end and have no way of being able to play any private server. I haven't officially tested the main game, but that's not what I want to play anyway, so it doesn't mean much to me regardless.

I think something in my PC is "too modern" for this game and it causes conflicts, but it doesn't give me an error log so I have no clue if that's even true or what else I could do to fix this.

Has anyone had this problem before?

1/7/22 Edit: Currently trying to download a Windows 7 Virtual machine, let's see if that works.
    Edit2: After hours of downloading and looking up software errors I have deduced it simply would not run on it, so I could not get a proper test.

2. AchtungBaby

AchtungBaby Mano

Aug 27, 2020
    1:40 AM
    Bishop
    Event viewer doesnt show anything at all?

Check it here: Event viewer (local) -> Windows Logs -> Application or System

Find out if there is anything related to the game itself.

3. gianpiergc04

gianpiergc04 Red Snail

Mar 3, 2020
    12:40 PM
    Warrior
    same problem. Can't fix it :(