1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Open Challenge: Can you find the best monster who drops the best npcable equips?

Discussion in 'Items & Mesos' started by Trion, Mar 6, 2022.

1. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    3:01 PM
    Trion
    Beginner
    Today I noticed after NPCing Spartas hundreds of times that it actually sells for 480k mesos and I was quite shocked at how much that was for a weapon like Sparta. That got me thinking.. has anyone ever figured out what the best enemy to farm for npcing the highest selling equipments back to vendor?

By that I mean... which mob has the highest number of NPCable equipments that mostly sell for all over 400k+ mesos if possible? That way even if you have terrible luck you never feel bad when an equip drops because at least you can make a quick payday. At first I just thought because Sparta was level 100 weapon that the coders just made it so that level 100 gear in general has a higher selling value. Apparently that isn't always the case as there is level 100 stuff below 400k as well. If you guys have any ideas that would be cool, until then Happy Mapling.

Average NPCable Equpment Prices (all equips in drop pool avg npc price)
    =============================
    Ulu 2 - Veetron (266,250) , Slygie (205,000). Total Avg = 235,625
    Ulu1 - 260,804 (so Ulu1 is higher profit which is something alot of people knew already)
    Road to Oblivion 1 - 293,571 (just the Oblivion monks, Eye of Time not included. Ty Akash)

• Creative Creative x 4
  2. OP
    OP
    Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    Trion
    Beginner
    It doesn't count by so far it just looks like running Ravana over and over again is best high value weapons (but thats not a mob). Skeles have alot of weapons 400K and over but generally people dont want to NPC the GDKs (Shads need perfects) but you can be happy if its a trash one unless you want to use them for crafting. I am sure I am missing some "hidden" gem monster. I will keep searching through the library.

Best scenario would be completely useless weapons with high values.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    12:01 PM
    Kiyomasa, kage, miko, zoku, etc
    Dragon Knight, Cleric, Bowman, Bandit
    Perion
    Theoretically we can assume a mob with a ridiculously high price npc item would be the best, but I think it's important to also take into account spawn rates and ease of killing, as well as how much variety a monster has to drop/compete with drops(whether there are a lot of high selling items or one high selling item and a bunch of low selling items) .

But going off price alone:
    Tavar is 490,000 and drops from Qualm Monk Trainees

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    4:01 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    nice thread, u can think about the most profitable too.

for example, if you think about lv/drop gs2 can be farmed at lv 4x and drop lv 80 equips.

tot mobs drop lv 100 weapon, ravana and pap drop profitable too..

i think one of the best is ulu2?

• Like Like x 2
  5. raysinz5

raysinz5 Mr. Anchor

Jul 1, 2015
    Male
    I/L Mage
    The highest priced farmable equip is Red Craven, selling at 510k a pop. They can also sell up to 15m+ if you roll a 51/7 one. This can be farmed in ulu2 (from Veetrons), which is a popular leeching spot.

6. OP
    OP
    Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    Trion
    Beginner
    Great point we should try to come to a consensus on best value with decent/great spawn to really rake in the big mesos.

Red Cravens are always a fan favorite. The only issue you run in with those is you might not always get immediate sell value to the vendor if you happen even a perfect or even 1 off perfect. And people might keep them around for crafting as well for the crappy ones (but generally Red Craven is a good stopping point for a long time). So I am always a little skittish to sell those in general but when my storage mules start to have obscene amounts of them then yeah 510k is insane, but looking at the rest of the enemy drops at ulu 2.... Tomahawk is the perfect example of what I am talking about, a completely useless axe that sells for 470k each time. What a gem that is.

Is it over this quickly? Seems like Ulu 2 is already the top spot and leader. (We always knew it to be amazing for mesos otherwise but closer examination really shows how great the sell value is of some of these items).

Tomahawk - 470k
    Red Craven - 510k
    Beheader - 470K
    Metus - 400k

Could be possible theres another monster out there with more than four 400k+ items in their pool but I doubt you will find better spawn than Ulu 2.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lucidcat

Lucidcat Mixed Golem

May 14, 2021
    4:01 AM
    Dual Ghost Pirate

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Preacher

Preacher Red Snail

Dec 5, 2019
    Male
    Preacher
    Magician
    Are we still friends?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. braidgame

braidgame Pac Pinky

Jun 21, 2015
    Pluto
    3:01 AM
    Outside
    Beginner
    Flow
    Male Mannequin is also good for early levels attackers.
    The distribution of dropping equips' value is not that skew, in average it's like 250k per equips I think.

• Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    Trion
    Beginner
    Very good sleep hit for equipment selling, nice find.

LOL of course. Stop by and say hello.

Another mob people like to forget about nowadays but you are absolutely right this goes under the radar maybe because CDs has all the love or its just the fact that people miss Kid Mannies and their true auto aggro.

11. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    4:01 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    for me (when i was page lv 66 and detail, was my first char and low invest obv) i went to kid mannequim using basket and the money back i got was more than wasted, alot better than cd

12. Preacher

Preacher Red Snail

Dec 5, 2019
    Male
    Preacher
    Magician
    I got perm Banned bro ;( imma miss u

13. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    pink bean

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  14. OP
    OP
    Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    Trion
    Beginner
    For sure and less crowded as well, but these days thats not too much of an issue with dungeons and non-event time

15. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Memory monk

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. nicolaspalin

nicolaspalin Snail

Jan 9, 2023
    Male
    healleecher
    Beginner
    sleepywood
    i like jonin/ninto with my bishop and a MU mule in FM ... easy mesos and good drop

17. OP
    OP
    Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    Trion
    Beginner
    Very underrated and doesn't get enough shine. Its like a grown up version of nightghosts at times.

18. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    Petrifighter I guess because the amount of them in the map in a tighter spot unlike how spread out Qualm Monk Trainees are and how much easier the map is to access.

Although Qualm Monk Trainees have other equip drops that sell for more from what Petrifighter has in its table.

Edit: For Tavar, my bad.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    9:01 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    Petrifighter drops equips at a fairly low rate. In terms of just equips, DGP beats Petri by a long shot.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. OP
    OP
    Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    Trion
    Beginner
    Sadly I think I will need echo and level 200 to come close to 1 shotting on my bishop but it is possible :). I still will try to make a list of best selling weapons because on average they seem to npc higher than most armors unless someone can find me an anomaly with a high selling armor.

I feel like this topic has sort of become relevant again as well because of the higher NLC pot costs (even tho price hike wasnt THAT recent) and not everyone in the mood to sell leech.