1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

What happended to the economy?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ijw0908, Mar 6, 2022.

1. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    12:01 AM
    Beginner
    better later than never imo, also what was asked is not a complete stoppage of multi-clienting but a 1-2 client cap. Those who've struck gold, sure they reach end game earlier, complete their gear earlier and also do quit the game/ most likely stop merching at a faster pace. Using crystallization of wealth disparity isn't a good enough excuse, if it was, what's the point in changes and balances then? By stopping multiclienting, we're preparing the next wave of players and for a healthier cause.

You talk about alternative strat, it's been years but I and many others have yet to see this alternative taking flight.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    hope covid worsens and the market gets flooded with coins from the influx of players due to wfh.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    11:01 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    How many ws does it take to complete gear? Is a standalone perfect weapon sufficient? What are the limits to our market? It seems people like talking about endgame but has never experienced it on Legends. At least on here, endgame players are a small and relatively durable part of the community and certainly don't quit at the same rates as your friends from LPQ. These people keep their wealth and if they benefit from any inheritance, only get richer where wealth can become become even more skewed than it is today. There needs to be ways for some upward mobility within the community.

What I meant by alternative strats is you must bring something the server hasn't yet popularized. Multimages and event farming are popular now but were very fringe in the past.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    12:01 PM
    Trion
    Beginner
    I predicted the coin system would eventually raise prices and while the prices have gone up I don't think that the system was actually the reason. it is just way more mages and more of the active players being in endgame as others have pointed out.

I would however like to see other avenues for getting MW 20 as the player base continues to go back to 2018 and 2019 levels where it was always under 1000 pre covid. Also with Pink Bean being a thing I just think in general people aren't HTing as much as they use to and that always drives up the price of limited supply of MW 20 in addition to the fact that theres just less players in general. In an ideal world id love to see some sort of NPC selling MW 20 at a steady price similar to how WS/CS was made to be a steady price of sorts by the coin system (not steady in FM obviously, but you can get coins without buying too) through prestige trade ins.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Winnie

Winnie Timer

Feb 22, 2020
    Bishop
    -
    Back when i first started , i remember there's only a number of people that really hoard WS/CS/Scrolls , nowadays it became the norm even after bringing in prestigious coin.
    In fact , introducing coin system makes it easier to hoard because coin is alot more accessible to the poorer player. (remember coin at <2m at the start) OnionScared

Let's all just remember that you DO NOT need to perfect equipment to do end game content and be happy with the little things you have & just have fun
    (unless you wanna join Pasta which they stop recruiting) OnionWhatever

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    9:01 AM
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    "Users" as in the ones that multi-mage? or ones that only play on 1-2 client(s)?

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    Beginner
    To even have an alternative strat clearly shows how much issues multi-clienting brings. Multimages werent a thing pre covid cause there wasn't any Information for folks to look up to on the forums and Information/Data was rather sparse to the general population. Also mixed with the new maps (5/6) and over-killing of HT and dip in splits, helped forge a new era of multi.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    What I most look forward to is for multi-client to be ended only for the economy to still be awful for new players because multi-client has very little to do with it and nobody has actually given any real evidence as to the relationship between the two. It seems more like a way to try to punish people they don't like through radical changes that are more likely to hurt the server than it is to help it.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    The more expensive coin gets, the more viable bossing for coins become. :^)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. HarleyEllis

HarleyEllis Pac Pinky

Jan 3, 2021
    Female
    Philadelphia
    Harlez
    I/L Wizard, Shadower, Brawler, Outlaw
    Galaxy
    Could making all mastery books untradeable significantly deter the creation of new multi mage farmers? I believe it would have the added benefits of both increasing player to player trades by way of selling book services and pve playing because of the newfound need to actually hunt many currently worthless books. sidenote, I agree with the suggestions about books needing drop table redistribution.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. mard

mard Mixed Golem Retired Staff

Jul 20, 2021
    Male
    When will pouch 4 get the buff it deserves though :cry:

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Signature

Signature Stone Golem

Apr 29, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    5:01 PM
    Flamous
    Bishop
    Would be interesting to see some thoughts/numbers from staff how they think the sweeper nerf affected the state of the economy. Multimages unaffected just leechers who cant get more profit and not being able to loot bags anywhere in game :p

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. iccqqq

iccqqq Dark Stone Golem

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    6:01 PM
    Hero
    nerf mage full map attack or remove platform safe spots can solve multimage

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    meso:exp rates at 5-6:

before 5-6 duo mage/map nerfs: 1:4.3-4.5, sometimes 1:5
    after 5-6 nerfs: 1:3.6-3.8

the vast majority of the difference is paid by people who purchase leech. instead of hurting sellers, it's possible to unintentionally hurt the buyers.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    if there's no info on the forums, then get creative and make it yourself/start pooling with others. there are ways to play other than making more mages.

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    Sweepers did nothing wrong.

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    Beginner
    i was just saying how having info about multi-maging more readily available helped assist in the boom of multi-maging.

18. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    Beginner
    Full map attack nerf sounds ok... but I'm curious by how much and should we limit/adjust the range of effect? But would again having more mages defeat this change/purpose, resulting in the same rates and MOSTLY affecting single mage users?

Removal of safe spots, I think this would scale more favor towards existing non-safe spot maps and eradicate TOT farming. Is this situable?

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  19. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    5:01 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    This would screw over single mages just as much as quad mages. The 'noble leech sellers' would riot and complain about how the gap between them and multimagers is only ever growing (just like we saw with sweepers)

20. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    Beginner
    I agree with this concern of single mages users