1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Planning gear progression

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cornwall, Mar 13, 2022.

How far ahead have you planned to upgrade your gear?

1. Less than a month

2. 1-3 Months

3. 3-6 Months

4. 6+ months

5. Have never planned whatsoever

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Cornwall

Cornwall Chronos

Dec 11, 2020
    Male
    1:12 PM
    Cornsair
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Listening to some of the complaints about the state of the economy and how hard it is to progress in the server currently, I started questioning how long do players plan out their progression in the game.

Have you ever sat down and planned: "I want a perfect item, which right now costs Y amount of mesos. Farming/Bossing/Merching/Scrolling to obtain this would take me Z amount of time."

Or do you simply go by the day to day business of earning money through splits from bossing, then try to scroll an item to see if you can make some profit eternally and when you find yourself with enough mesos you proceed to buy an item that luckily appeared in the market at the right time?

If you wanna provide a response explaining how you go about your decisions that's perfectly fine. I feel the main point of this thread is for everyone to understand how comfortable people are with planning for some time ahead and accepting the current state of the server as it is.

One case where I did this, for example, was in Aug 2021 where I decided I wanted to buy a cape so I set a plan for the number of weeks it would take me to gain this money through selling Petri Leech. Right now I am also pursuing obtaining another item and plan to dedicate the next 1-3 months to finishing it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    2:12 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    The recent gear i made i made thinking "i have a top.and bottom that cost.80-100m each i will waste 30m on scroll a overall so if i pass, ez cashback, same on bw, wasted like 60 to sell my old one for 160m..

depends os gear is hard to talk about,
    hat, mon, for example is pure rng for untradeable item

the other things (cape, glove) you should think if you upgrade to a item that u can sell in Future, how much wa/stats to money spend ratio, etc..

3. Rapskal

Rapskal Chronos

Nov 1, 2017
    Male
    4:12 AM
    Rapskal
    Night Lord
    Lost
    upload_2022-3-13_14-41-35.png upload_2022-3-13_14-41-22.png

• Great Work Great Work x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    10:12 AM
    Kiyomasa, kage, miko, zoku, etc
    Dragon Knight, Cleric, Bowman, Bandit
    Perion
  5. xiaoyaoz

xiaoyaoz Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jul 17, 2020
    Male
    5:12 PM
    If I'm not wrong, the focus on gear progression is a very late/end game mindset. (since that is the only thing they can do kek)
    For lv1 to lv175, the focus is usually on unlocking contents and so people just want exp and level up.
    And even if they want more damage, getting levels are almost always the more preferred way.
    Whatever that is being planned around this stage should really just be < 1 month long for anything that is realistic and practical.

Of course you also have those endgame wannabe that plan 9999 years ahead by trying to do a billion things at once with quad mage, mu/si/tl/se/hs/hb mules which in reality just quits before even having one main char at the end game state, which is just so amusing.

The question of (long term) planning for gear progression only starts when levelling feels hard or nothing, which is somewhat at lv175+
    If you are someone that is diligent, then yes, proper actionable plans for gear upgrade will be a thing like what you did with selling leech and running content consistently.
    However, if you are someone like me, who just run things for fun/social, then generally you won't have an actionable plan aside from a general goal of I want to get xx someday, and hopefully that thing is obtainable before you start feeling the stagnation after playing for maybe 1 month or 2, and if the item is still not obtainable, we still have the consolation price of reaching the honourable 'lv200' one day and the 'we can finally quit' convo.. kek

By the time you reach lv200, then exp is out of the equation.
    Many people starts to quit the char at this point, because anything you do just feel pointless.
    The only motivation to keep you going is to have an actual gear progression plan for said char so that you know you are working toward something meaningful.
    This is why so many successful quad magers are also people with lv200 characters because they understand the objective and the struggles.
    Efficiency then becomes a topic in mind because that will factor into the gear progression plan.

New players always don't understand the effort and mindset that end game players have put in to reach where they are.
    People should really just stop comparing themselves with what others are and can be, just focus on your own character and play the game as you like it.

The state of the server can always be improved, but to wait for a certain state to appear before making any action is quite futile.
    As the saying goes, "Don't wait for a perfect plan or resources, take action now!"
    You'll be surprise how much progress can be made if you have taken the actions instead of waiting and dreaming for the perfect situation.
    Especially with Legends slow patch updates, actions speak way way way louder than patch changes.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. ijw0908

ijw0908 Slime

Jun 16, 2020
    2:12 AM
    Beginner
    I guess what cornwall points out is late ~ end game gear progression.
    In 2020~21 summer when server was at its peak state, i can find well scrolled items are put up for sale once in 2~4 months.(ex, 14+ att cape, well csed goggle, 16+ glove, +4wep or perf wep) so at this time, i usually planned 3 + months for gear progression.
    But nowdays (it might be my personal feeling), I feel like we need to wait 6+ months for similar items. Especially far fewer supply for well csed items than before. So just keep multimaging and it becomes my daily ml routine. XD

7. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    10:12 AM
    Kiyomasa, kage, miko, zoku, etc
    Dragon Knight, Cleric, Bowman, Bandit
    Perion
    What you said at the end there really nails it.

I know we still live in a world where the most efficient path to "completion" is the collective subconscious mindset(I mean people can't enjoy a show if it's too long, they don't want to invest time into a show even if it's good or fits right in their interests, it HAS to be completed in a "reasonable" amount of time or it's considered a waste of time), but if you stop thinking about that, play a character normally, play a couple characters normally, and enjoy yourself, you'll be funding yourself the normal way for a while, and you'll accumulate just as much as anyone else. While you're enjoying yourself, you're also building a steady sum of NX so by the time you hit the wall and think, "what next?" you have the funds, you have the NX, you can make great strides to getting that new goal. And it'll take a lot less time because you already are familiar with what you need and what you want.

And that's only if you even want to go down that path. If you hit 120-140 and realize you just aren't interested, then none of your time was wasted trying to perfect a 400intlord, struggling to get by with meager stats and a "promising" end game future. Prospective end gamers quit because they wanted everything at once in a short amount of time. That's just not what Maple was, that's not what Legends is.

• Agree Agree x 1