1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Making towns / Henesys more alive

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kimmy, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    11:14 PM
    The website you're mentioning is https://maples.im/ however this website has all hair, faces, outfits from the official game and MapleLegends doesn't have them all however having an NPC that would show what only Legends has to offer would be a really neat and useful without having to check maple sim in hopes of having that look you want

Example: People want Heavy Metal Hair but it doesn't seem to be in the game unless its from an event so having an NPC show how its available along with showing the 'history' of how the character would look like

Heavy Metal Hair.png > Link Test 1.png
    However I'm not sure if MapleLegends has Plaid Pashmina (Green)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    8:14 AM
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    Brosisoranythinginbetweenoroutside I would love a more diverse crafting system.

3. Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    2:14 AM
    Feeed
    Corsair
    If Henesys is for the Henehoes this makes so much sense. Make it the hub for trying new outfits :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Zathuro

Zathuro Blue Snail

Aug 28, 2020
    Male
    KawaiKitsune
    Bandit
    I'm not sure if this would be possible code wise, but my suggestion is to make a rest bonus. Example: if you stay in Henesys for a certain length of time in thresholds, you would receive an exp gain bonus for a certain time. This would encourage people to "take breaks" in Henesys and then when they come back, get back into it with extra uumf. This would also make getting together with friends, non afk, to have some benefit to changing up your rigorous training schedule. To be honest, the main reason why I personally do not hang around towns much is because it makes me feel like I'm wasting time I could otherwise me using to go card hunting, scroll hunting, or just exp grinding. If it gave a bonus to hanging around town, I could have some downtime without feeling like its a waste.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Skot

Skot Mano

Apr 15, 2021
    Male
    I have only read the first page so I don't know if someone has already said this but I just want to say that I like the minigame idea that Pepper suggested. What if there was a fair at Henesys with minigames and prizes. By prizes I mean mesos or cosmetics or something, idk lolhappymush

• Like Like x 1
  6. Forfeit7

Forfeit7 Snail

Apr 5, 2020
    Male
    9:14 AM
    Samy
    Magician
    If there was a auction house there will be less incentive to be in FM/browse FM
    People would hang around henesys because it was the prettiest / most familiar not because bowman was the most played class; also people would be less experienced back then in the game and it wouldnt be necesarily intuitive to be in FM so they would end up around the town but when the game's god knwos how many years old its unlikely you end up in Henesys wandering aimlessly

7. FxckBanshee

FxckBanshee Slime

Apr 22, 2021
    Male
    Netherlands
    Bxnshee
    Spearman
    Community
    This is exactly what I was thinking. Since Henesys is pretty much the capital town of Maplestory, maybe add an EXP-buff called "Comfort of Henesys" which can be gained by staying in Henesys for 15 minutes. It could even increase in effectiveness the longer you remain in Henesys, starting at a 5% increase in EXP gained and increasing by 5% every 10/15 minutes until it reaches a max of 150/200%. Have it last 30 minutes to an hour, starting when Henesys is left.

This would just lead to people warping to Henesys and immediately running to the FM. This wouldn't really make Henesys more populated, as all the people warping would only be there for a couple seconds.

Although a welcome addition, this wouldn't really make Henesys more 'Alive', unless they make it so that the Dimensional Door is only in Henesys. This way Henesys could act like a hub for people to meet up and find parties to do PQs with.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  8. Regie

Regie Orange Mushroom

Mar 15, 2015
    Clash City
    Diwa
    Dark Knight
    Aspect
    Q: How can we make towns make more alive?
    A: Make all players in town be in one channel.

make a special channel (lets name it Channel 0 for now)
    if a player enters a town he or she will be automaticly be in channel 0.
    once he or she leaves the town he or she will be back in the channel he or she was.

+ im not against the FM button. just remove it.
    since people like me abuse that anyways.
    make the game more nostalgic by making players walk back or use town scroll to repot and not just by clicking the FM button and go repot.
    or by clicking FM button so you can cc so you dont get warped back in some boss areas. by this there are more chance of other people encountering local bosses.
    and not being camped by a douchebag like me. f3

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  9. Socollocos

Socollocos King Slime

Oct 9, 2020
    1:14 AM
    Socoli
    Bowmaster
    Add a daily exp buff npc located at Hennessy. So people to visit Hennessy for daily buff then go grind afterward.
    Add etc exchange raffle npc at Hennessy. Etc are those drop from popular grinding maps and level tiers, higher tier has better rewards. Raffle table changes monthly or seasonally.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. eliyuh

eliyuh Mushmom

Apr 22, 2021
    Male
    2:14 AM
    As long as there’s an FM button and no insta travel I don’t really see why anyone would travel all the way to Henesys to do nothing. I don’t see why Henesys being empty is a big deal tbh. Kerning city is always crowded cuz of KPQ. So maybe HPQ could use some tweaks?

Making travel instant would help this a little bit but that’s not gonna happen cuz nOsTalGiA or whatever.

You could add the NT well portal from mush shrine to Henesys? Or put an NPC that warps you to all of the PQ maps (once you leave the pq map you’d go back to Henesys. For example, PPQ wouldn’t take u back to Herb town) this would make PQs way more popular. Who wants to travel all the way to Herb town when there’s a 99% chance no ones gonna be there?

I’m pretty against any “fishing” type of thing, especially in a server that allows multi client. And the exp buff seems kinda lame if it’s restricted to 1 map.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Oaeko

Oaeko Snail

Nov 22, 2020
    Oaeko
    Lots of great suggestions all around. I'd like to try boiling it down from my point of view...

The Free Market should have a distinct identity of buying/selling/trading. NPCs there should be focused on supporting that identity (Frederick in this case to retrieve items from your expired store...). People use the Market button to conveniently meet people for a trade, party, change channels at Zakum's altar, all sorts of great and helpful utility that has made the game more comfortable to play.

On the other hand, Henesys should have a distinct identity of relaxing and socializing. You're done training, bossing, buying/selling, whatever, and it should be a comfortable place to chat and show off your achievements. NPCs there should be focused on supporting that identity and I think some of the ideas that others have contributed in this thread could effectively do that. For example:

1. A downtime exp buff that accumulates while you hang out in towns. I haven't played WoW but if it works the way people describe, that's great! And the side-effect to this addition might be a more consistently higher online player count during all times of the day while people sit and chat or AFK.
    2. A bigger emphasis on player cosmetics. Someone mentioned bringing the style saver NPC to Henesys. If there's more you can do to support player customization and cosmetics, it seems like Henesys would be the place to do it.
    3. A speed/jump boost in towns (or just Henesys) for convenience. It's a nice touch and helps new players especially to commute.
    4. GM presence in Henesys!
    5. Occasionally spawning harmless event bosses as a group activity. Not sure what the players would be rewarded with, but it's another opportunity to support the social/cosmetic identity of Henesys.
    6. Exposing Henesys PQ better. Someone mentioned bringing the NPC to Henesys. This would fall in line with how Kerning PQ is available directly in Kerning City and contributes to the overall busyness and activity of players there. I also agree with the sentiment that people are more likely to communicate near PQ areas. Maybe because it naturally "breaks the ice".

In summary, doubling-down on the social/cosmetic side of Maplestory in Henesys and providing some small benefits to your stay that extend into other activities in the game (through cosmetics or exp buffs?) might be a very positive and harmless way to get people to hang out there.

12. Oreliel

Oreliel Red Snail

Mar 6, 2017
    Female
    4:14 PM
    Crossbowman
    In my opinion, making a few lore-friendly daily quests for the NPC’s of Henesys which reward players vote NX would help make Henesys more alive without making it too custom.

Some examples of possible quests at the top of my head:

-Chief Stan requests you defeat 100 monsters around Henesys to keep the town safe (Snails, Shrooms, Slimes, Mushrooms, Pigs, etc). This should help make the hunting ground busier.

-Pia loses an item at Pet Park and requests you get it back. The Player has to do the Jump Quest and obtain the quest item at the top to complete.

-Rina wants to make a special rice pudding for Ronnie in Ellinia, but needs rice cakes in order to make it. The player needs to obtain a Rice Cake Hat from HPQ. Buffing HPQ for a chance to reward vote NX like LPQ would provide extra incentive.

-Maya is sick and requests the player to obtain 50 of a random ETC item dropped by a monster in Victoria to make medicine for herself.

Daily NX rewarding quests don't need to be strictly in Henesys and could instead be sprinkled across the towns (1 for Perion, 1 for Sleepywood, etc) but that's just my two cents.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. thsscapi

thsscapi Mushmom

Jun 5, 2018
    Male
    2:14 PM
    Jizoical, ZackSparrow
    F/P Arch Mage, Corsair
    Lemonade
    Some common things that other RPGs do (keep in mind some of the suggestions in this thread already cover some of them):
    Main town is a
    • Crafting hub. NPCs for crafting are in this town exclusively. For ML, right now, if players wanted to craft Moon/Star Rock, etc, they are only available in Perion, Ellinia, and Kerning City (for Victoria Island).
      • We could move NPCs like popular potion shops, arrow crafters, aforementioned special material crafters, etc to Henesys.
      • Thomas Swift (Amoria) and Doofus (Pet Food Merchant) being here is great!
    • Transport hub. Many hubs are accessible via this town. For ML, it seems like Kerning City might be more of a hub than Henesys.
      • Heck, most other Victoria Island towns have warps. Ellinia > Orbis and Leafre. Nautilus > Omega Sector. Kerning City > NLC, Taiwan, and Singapore.
      • VIP Cab that goes to Ant Tunnel Park is available in Lith Harbor and Ellinia, but not Henesys.
      • We could move/duplicate NPCs that warp to other areas to Henesys. Some examples are Florina Beach, Singapore, Taiwan, even Sleepywood.
      • Henesys is actually closest to Sleepywood, being only 2 maps away, and being the closest portal in <Swampy Land in a Deep Forest> (the map left of Sleepywood) to Sleepywood town itself. But these 2 maps are stupidly annoying if you don't have Haste or Teleport.
        Sometimes, I prefer going via Ellinia instead, thanks to the "elevators" in <The Tree That Grew I, II, III>. The whole process feels like only 2 maps even though it's actually 5. And it puts you right into Sleepywood itself.
        Heck, even taking the VIP Cab from Ellinia to Ant Tunnel Park and using a Nearest Town Scroll is much easier.
        Also, if you're low level, the other 3 towns are much safer. Perion = Boars and Fire Boars. Ellinia = Slimes. Kerning City = Jr. Neckis (maybe Dyle boss). Henesys = don't fall into the Stone Golem/Lupin pit!
    • Miscellaneous hub. Things like planting, chopping, mining, fishing, are accessible here.
      • I really like redblueblur's idea of a bug-catching chair. On top of specific rewards, it can also include achievements/medals for bug collections. It's also very convenient that bugs are "time-based", with certain bugs having a chance to be caught at specific timings.
      • Jump Quests. Ellinia has a jump quest. Kerning City has a jump quest. Perhaps Henesys could use a new one (Pet Park doesn't count).
    • NPC hub. Most NPCs that do "general" things are here.
      • Most pet-related NPCs are already here, except for Mar the Fairy (though it totally makes sense she's in Ellinia).
      • Mr. Goldstein, the Buddy List Admin NPC, can be added here.
    • Single instance. Many other games already do this, where the main town is a singular instance, while the "wild areas" outside are multiple instances. For ML, basically Henesys only has 1 channel.
    • Monsters attack. Skyrim dragon attack basically. There are already multiple ideas on this. Monsters that deal zero damage. Monsters that take fixed damage. Monsters that drop special items.
    Some other stuff I thought of:
    • Random warp from Karcasa in Ariant changed to be fixed at Henesys.
    • One HUGE reason I never go to Henesys was because it's one of two towns with a sub-area (Henesys Market), the other being Nautilus (which can be disregarded since it is a newer area). This means to access Storage Keepers or Potion Shops, I find myself warping to other towns like Perion. A speed buff in Henesys might just be enough for me to consider Henesys as equally convenient, considering I normally only use low-level characters here.
    • Make it cheaper to take the Taxi to Henesys regardless of whichever other town you're coming from.
    • Henesys Gachapon could include exclusive items.
    • Another thematic collecting thing similar to bug-catching could be planting and growing flowers. Seeing as MS already has whackable plants, would it be possible to implement some sort of new quest for growing and whacking flowers in Henesys? The usage of each flower can vary: cosmetic equipment crafting, consume for buff, quest requirement, roll for gacha, etc. Basically, something worth the time to spend in Henesys. Endgame or exclusive items as rewards, but you have to put in the effort to take care of a garden.
    • An expansion on the monsters attack town idea that is thematic to Henesys: Perhaps once a month, on the full moon, Henesys turns to night time, the Moon Bunny escapes from the PQ, and drops stronger Rice Cakes. Also perhaps, taking advantage of the fact that HPQ is doable by all levels, you can only hit this special Moon Bunny if you're wearing a Rice Cake hat.

This reminds me of newbie guilds, where the game shafts you into a pre-made guild with other newbies (and no guild leader), so that newbies get guild benefits as well. They then get kicked out at higher levels. For ML, perhaps a new guild PQ just for such newbie guilds? The only time you can take part in this PQ is via auto-invite to such a guild, and before you get kicked. Rewards could be temporary leveling aids: 3-day 20% exp boost ring, double exp when in party with similar level, etc.

I really like this idea. To expand on it, it could have multiple leaderboards. Highest single hit. Highest burst damage in 3s. Highest sustained damage in 30s. Highest damage in party of 6. Highest damage in duo. Most number of debuffs. Highest summon damage. Highest melee/ranged damage. Highest combined element damage. The list goes on.

Also like what SinclairJ mentioned: more types of leaderboards, such as jump quest rankings, highest fame, lowest fame (negative fame), etc.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    Beginner
    To add on, if this above doesnt work. maybe we could instead have another exchange system if necessary:
    1. gathering 'x' amount of various etc across the maple world and
    2. 'x' points worth of bugs via bug catching (another reason to add a bug catching chair xD) only at henesys town.
    3. Collect Bug traps via grinding to fuel the catches (similar to summer's bait but only drops upon daily quest activation)

With the npc located @ henesys for raffles/fixed swaps to ws/cs/apr in relation to make henesys more alive. This would add 1 more avenue of passive stream of ws/cs supply with lower entry levels than cwk exchange.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    Beginner
    The amorian NPC looks kinda lonely at the right corner of the map, would be nice to shift him towards the Henesys Taxi, which could help gain some attention to APQers about the casual hoeing spot near the taxi. Also, I noticed the Prestigious Coin NPC located not just in henesys but other town as well. Would be nice to exclusively have hen as the only coin exchange pit stop imo, a common ground for all walks of life to bump into each other.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    3:14 AM
    Lisnar, HolyFlow, Theorist
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    maybe making minigames like omok only playable at towns

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Redwop

Redwop Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jan 27, 2016
    Bump.

On the World Map, it seems that Aqua Road is closer to Victoria Island.

[​IMG]

I had always thought there would be a path that would connect the two areas. However, it seems there isn't.

I think this might make cross-continental travel easier, but I feel an NPC (e.g. Dolphin) can be placed at Nautilus Harbor who could offer to take your character to Aqua Road for a fee. The mobs in Aqua Road are mostly low-levelled, which means players can train or complete various quests in that area.

Indirectly, it may help improve activity in earlier towns since players will be travelling between both regions.

Higher-levelled players may be playing at the Deep Aqua Dungeon, and if they're doing Challenges, they can utilise the teleport from Aqua Road to Nautilus Harbor, and then go to meet Rosa at Lith Harbor.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
  18. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    This seems pretty neat but what do you think about Florina Beach? This way people that are also at Ludibrium could also transport around both areas.

Lith Harbor and Ludibrium both have boats going to Florina Beach.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Redwop

Redwop Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jan 27, 2016
    You can also travel to Florina Beach via. Orbis.

I guess Pison at Florina Beach could give players an option to travel between all three areas for a fee.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    That would completely kill the boat ride. I think it makes more sense to have a portal or NPC with a fee alll the way on the north of Florina at Hot Sand that takes you straight to Aquarium.... or maybe another map.

On-topic: Maybe a once a day or once per X hours free warp to a pre-set town of your choice. WoW has this in the form of the Hearthstone. Basically an item with a cooldown that lets you warp instantly for free to a preset town.