1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Optimal target int for HP washing

Discussion in 'Guides' started by yuch, Mar 12, 2022.

1. yuch

yuch Blue Snail

Apr 2, 2017
    Male
    12:33 AM
    bmw328ix
    Night Lord
    Why am I looking at this post?
    If you're in a situation where you want to HP wash and you know how much hp you want at a given level, but now you want to know how much base int should I have? This post will help you determine how much base int to put, so that you use the least amount of NX to get to your goal.

Background
    Thought I'd post this because everyone seems to have a "HP Washing" calculator but they always ask for how much int you're going to put into your character. Math is hard, NX is not easy to come by. I've been asked by quite a few people in the last few weeks to help calculate and determine best way to wash their characters.

So I wrote a python script to simulate mp gain from int starting at 30int to 1000int and it will determine the least amount of NX needed to get to your MP target and how many MP washes you will need to do.

Caveats
    • This calculator assumes you only start MP washing AFTER you hit your int target. So no MP washing before you get your int.
    • If you're crazy and want 30k hp and 30k mp as NL/MM/BM or whatever, YOU NEED to MP wash before you hit your int target (this post will not help you, if you're planning on doing this... god help you...)
    • This will underestimate from the hp gain going to your int target. E.g. Assuming int of 40 target, I calculate the mp gain to 40 int target as , 1 + 1 + 2 +2 + 3 + 3. This is because you will have to lvl at int 1X twice, 2X twice etc.. (gives 1 extra mp, 10int and 15 int, 2 extra mp at 2X int). Meaning you will most likely have a bit more HP in the end or extra MP.
    • This also assumes that you will only stat int after base requirements for your job until you hit your int target, and 4 on your other 2 stats (so at level 10 you should have 62 stats usable subtract your minimum, if thief 25 dex then 37 int is what you should have at lvl 10)
    OK, I didn't read all that above, how do I use this?
    1. First Determine what your HP goal is and what level you want that HP.
    2. Use a HP washing calculator to determine how much washes you need to get to that goal. (I just used this (wont let me link forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/advanced-hp-wash-calculator-v0-41.16508/) you can use whatever you want) I do not guarantee the accuracy or currency of the hp washing calculator you used.
    3. To determine how much excess MP you need, you take the number of HP washes needed and multiply it by the MP loss from an AP reset (thief/MM/BM is 12, so if you need 100 washes you need an extra 12*100 = 1200 MP to wash it)
    4. Now with the extra MP needed, you subtract how much mana you would get from int items to your target level. (so if you had 10 int from lvl 50 and your target is 100, you would get 1 mp extra for 50 lvls)
    5. The excess MP you have calculated will now be how much MP you need to gain from double washing as well as leveling with base int and MW.
    6. Now plugin the script into a python interpreter, If you don't have one on your local machine, just google python interpreter online. If you have one on your local machine, change the values and change the extension to .py. Paste the code in, change the mp target to one calculated, as well as lvl target and mwStat and minStatsForJob and run.
    mptarget = excess MP you want from lvling and double washing
    lvltarget = lvl you want to wash out at
    mwStat = 1.1 for mw20, 1.05 for mw10
    minStatsForJob = minimum stats to job adv to lvl 10 (mages use 4)

Sample Input:
    mptarget = 8604
    lvltarget = 160
    mwStat = 1.1
    minStatsForJob=25
    Sample OUTPUT:
    Takes 270 int with 446 ap resets
    266 resets to reset int to 4
    180 resets for MP washes
    nx required: 1382600

How did you calculate this????
    This script isolates all the random variables from int gain given items and whatnot by calculating how much MP you want to gain from just levels and MP washing. When you input the mptarget it will be DIFFERENT from person to person because of int items and whatnot. I'd prefer not to have to calculate your MP gain from every single piece of equipment and how you fked up and didn't use it for 1 level or not.

So now that we know how much excess MP we want from just levels and MP washing, every single character no matter the job will have the same excess MP gain. (1 MP per 10 int).

The script just simulates int from 30 to 1000 int, and sees if it is possible to hit that excess mp target by the following formula and how many ap washes is needed to hit that mp target. And this script will just output the lowest amount of ap resets at what int target.

target int lvl = ceiling((int - (62 - minStatsForJob)) / 5) + 10
    This is because you have 70 stats at lvl 10, 8 used in non-primary subtract minimum stats for the job. Given a simulated target int, you subtract the int you get at lvl 10, and you add 10 for being lvl 10 for that requirement.

number of Lvls = target lvl - target int lvl
    This is how many lvls you will have at that target base int. (self explanatory)

excess MP gain = mp gain to the target int lvl + number of lvls * simulated int * mwStat + MP washing
    This is also fairly self explanatory, What we need to calculate here is how many double washes is needed, rest is known.
    With the above formula we can know how much MP we need from MP washing.

Number of double washes = ceiling(MP washing/floor(simulated base int/10))
    We can calculate how many MP washes we need by just taking the remaining MP needed left and just divide by MP gain from each MP wash.

Number of ap resets = simulated int - 4 + number of double washes
    Self explanatory again, AP resets needed to reset your int to 4, and number of double washes needed.

At this point, you have all the information you need to calculate how many ap resets you need to hit your target MP. Now the script simulate having int from 30-1000 int and choose the one that uses the least amount of NX (ap resets).

Notes
    Please don't come crying to me saying I fked up your hp wash, or those numbers dont work, or whatnot. READ what I wrote, understand how my calculations are made and make your own judgements.
    If you see something wrong with my formula or calculations, pls let me know, ill fix it or remove this post.

• Like Like x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  2. OP
    OP
    yuch

yuch Blue Snail

Apr 2, 2017
    Male
    12:33 AM
    bmw328ix
    Night Lord
    Script below in txt. change to .py if you have local interpreter otherwise just google python interpreter online.

Attached Files:

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  3. Eliav

Eliav Horny Mushroom

May 14, 2017
    Male
    7:33 AM
    Thanks a lot, amazing work!