1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

What happended to the economy?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ijw0908, Mar 6, 2022.

1. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    2:45 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    upload_2022-3-12_2-28-47.png

• Friendly Friendly x 7
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Cornwall

Cornwall Chronos

Dec 11, 2020
    Male
    3:45 AM
    Cornsair
    Corsair
    Pasta
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  3. iccqqq

iccqqq Dark Stone Golem

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    9:45 AM
    Hero
    then maybe buffing bossing in some way would be key or maybe adding certain boss quests that would reward with prestige coins.

4. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    Trion
    Beginner
    We already buffed bosses by adding a coin system to begin with. The coin system benefits bossers way more than mobbers. And nerfing mage attack wouldn't fix anything because all it would do is punish the majority of mage players who don't multi-mage

If you want to turn this server into one giant "Boss Rush" mode game and constantly keep nerfing Mages, then you should also find a way to make all the mages viable bossers. But then there is no variety and the game becomes even more boring.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    8:45 AM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Bosses dropping coins hahahaha, good one.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    3:45 PM
    have a npc that sells ws/cs. this way coins will never inflate over the said amount of prices.
    Its like how mtk doesnt veer much from 140m because of the 100m needed to pay the npc for it.

With ws/cs being fixed at a certain npc price, other items such as perf weapons, GFAs and 30%s will fall in line and not be subjected to inflation.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Mages are viable bossers...

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    Trion
    Beginner
    Sometimes and "viable" is a strong word. Compared to the Top bossers, viable would be a stretch. They are better at mobbing than bossing. They can be viable in niche situations but never the best choice.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    I am always the best choice

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  10. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    Trion
    Beginner
    Oh noesss the Ice Light cometh :(

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Oradious

Oradious Mr. Anchor

Aug 28, 2018
    Male
    3:45 PM
    Oradious
    F/P Arch Mage, Gunslinger, Buccaneer
    Pasta
  12. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    4:45 AM
    Lisnar, HolyFlow, Theorist
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    i really can't understand this argument, at least in my situation, i can open like 6~8 clients without lag, when some friends can't open 2 or they already lagging, gap between computers seems more realistic than people buying multiple PC's to farm, if there's a human dumb enough to buy multiple PC's to farm at a private server of a mushroom game let him do it, and making it against the ToS is enough to reduce the amount of people doing it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    12:45 AM
    Kiyomasa, kage, miko, zoku, etc
    Dragon Knight, Cleric, Bowman, Bandit
    Perion
    There are people "dumb" enough. They're called Real World Traders, and they do it for a living. They don't exist just for MapleLegends, they do it with every mmo and video game out there they think they can profit from. WoW, XIV, Runescape. Probably even Kingdom of Loathing I'm sure. ML is just another in a long list of other games.

That's beside the point, the point people brought up was about wealth disparity in-game. You update ToS to reflect that and it becomes a real world wealth disparity, who can afford multiple clients to play on. Who can afford the software or hardware that skirts around ToS. The problem isn't gone, it's just moved to a different spot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    There is no real argument against wealth disparity in-game. The only disdain against it stems from envy or laziness.

Poverty in real life causes homelessness and hunger. Poverty in-game is meaningless.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  15. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    4:45 AM
    Lisnar, HolyFlow, Theorist
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    well, i'm probably dumb but i still can't agree with this, in both and every scenario you'll have a real world wealth disparity, but in my humble oppinion this can help the server in so many points, what experienced player is going to join in a server where the meta is pentamage? i came to legends with like 9 friends, everyone left because the meta is just not welcoming and some people CAN'T do that, if the RWTrader can afford multiple PC's, just make the meta no braindead farming, so they couldn't make too many profit from doing illegal things.
    I'm not asking for easier grind, but i prefer legends where u should bring your mage to 1500 tma than just creating a bishop and buying leech for 4 characters to afk grind

• Like Like x 1
  16. Signature

Signature Stone Golem

Apr 29, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    Flamous
    Bishop
    There are like a handful of players that do this absurd mage meta you describe and its not required at all. If you want to get rich, high level or whatever in ML you need to put in (a lot of) time. Just cause you aren't using the latest TURBO 8 MAGE EXPLOSION OMG MESOS EVERYWHERE AKASHKY SHIVERING FANFIC IRL strat which at best is like 30-40% faster than other high level strats which are both more fun (subjective) and interactive, doesnt mean that you wont reach your goal(s). No one is expecting new players to adopt the most optimal playstyle, you need to grind regardless of playstyle so just make sure you have fun.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    Kiyomasa, kage, miko, zoku, etc
    Dragon Knight, Cleric, Bowman, Bandit
    Perion
    Your friends left early. Your last reported level was 130, I assume it's gone up a bit but you have so much more you can do. And so much you can have fun with. You don't have to continue with Bishop if you don't like it. You can make whatever you want and still get to the end game, your time invested isn't wasted if you're having a good time throughout.

Remember, it's about the journey, not the destination. Level 200 gets a little boring, because the true fun lies in the adventure to 200, not in actually reaching 200. Bossing is just a small part, and once you have 1 200 it's a bit easier to get up there the next time around. And if you want to meta build your dps character, you have a bishop.

• Like Like x 1
  18. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    To be fair, that handful of players is starting to look more like several. It's evident in the blue texts for job advancements. Just yesterday alone I saw at least three waves of 3x mages advancing to 3rd or 4th job.

This is the meta set by what the players are given by staff. However, it's effects will be lasting because once a player has the resources to do something one way, it's hard to go back to something less optimal.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Signature

Signature Stone Golem

Apr 29, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    Flamous
    Bishop
    Fair enough, saw the same with the dk apr farming when selling leech. The problem is that the strat will be nerfed by the time the regular joes have applied the strategy, like SI with mages, Busted 5-6 leech, mannies etc. The underlying problem is lowbobs utilizing X strategy rather than putting in X hours. When my exam period is over I'll try to look at how much farming time is needed to just get net positive in these strats (gear, leech, washing). These mesos could prob be spent elsewhere for a non-endgame player but I will have to do the calcs before running my mouth hehe.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    People have been trying to get mage farming nerfed for over a year now. Shivering was the prophet who foresaw the troubling nature of it. As is with anything in this game, people see and people do. Sure, his meso farming journal may have led to even more meso farmers, but the onus wasn't on him as a player to make any changes in game - that's on balance team and staff.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2