1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

What happended to the economy?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ijw0908, Mar 6, 2022.

1. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    8:48 PM
    :)
    sounds like ur asking for an active nerf to multimage

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    Well, the current meta is basically just thowing mages at any nerfs to mitigate those nerfs.
    Should this be the way this game goes, it is up to the staffs to decide, just like how they decide dex bucc wasn't the way back then.

3. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    i still rmb-ed making mages for the duo 5-6 until shaolin got nerfed and SI for mages (barely used it for 1mth)

4. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    5:48 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    There is no need for a nerf to multimage as long as there are comparable alternatives. The problem is every single time someone says "Hey, multimaging is still better," staff response has been "It's not intended to be comparable to multimaging."

As long as that remains staff's position on the matter, you'll continue to see things like this:
    upload_2022-3-15_10-35-46.png
    For the record, that's the 5th batch of 3x 4th job mages advancing in the last two days that I've seen.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    8:48 AM
    Trion
    Beginner
    Let's make mages solve a captcha everytime they go to cast an Ultimate on a map.... It can unleash its army of seaplanes to confuse them between a real plane.

• Creative x 8
    • Friendly x 4
    • Great Work x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Useful x 1
  6. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    1:48 PM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    GMS already solved mages:
    upload_2022-3-16_14-54-27.png
    Then they created Kanna but we don't talk about that

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Signature

Signature Stone Golem

Apr 29, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    Flamous
    Bishop
    delet this

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    I will say I wouldn't mind if they made archmages DPS jobs with some niches (If you are worried about PB just make them resist the elements) and Bishop a support that needs to be active instead of a mule in certain bosses like NT or PB.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Feeed
    Corsair
    Remove Item Pouch / Meso Magnet, problem solved

Barring that, remove Binoculars / Wing Boots at the very least

It's a small sacrifice to make to stop multimage forever

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    Trion
    Beginner
    Or remove Multi clienting. But we couldn't have that.. then people would realize mages aren't the problem.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    There are no problems, only different solutions ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Miniskirt

Miniskirt Slime

Nov 15, 2020
    Miniskirt
    Corsair
    Perion
  13. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    Kiyomasa, kage, miko, zoku, etc
    Dragon Knight, Cleric, Bowman, Bandit
    Perion
    Honestly this would greatly reduce the potential of such a thing. As ovv has stated, more and more archmage trio/squads have been pumping out. Forcing a 45 second cooldown wouldn't remove them from the room, but I imagine it's easier to get bored and give up waiting 45 seconds between sweeps rather than just waiting 10. Or maybe it would just make it easier to loot?

This would also reduce leeching. Whether that's good or bad overall, I can't say for sure. What I would say is that DK roaring at CDs would probably become the new leech meta, and since there are already half a decade's worth of end game HB mules(so much so that it's recommended on the majority of guides to not make a DK for end game purposes), I'm sure the same groups making archmage mules are just going to do the same thing with their HB-now-Roar mules in places like cds, wolf spiders etc.

Still won't be as profitable as ToT but I imagine they'll find ways around it. They always do

14. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    My reply was a meme hehe, I can give you what I really think, just adding CD as you said would barely fix anything, there will always be a better option that players will exploit. GMS true fix was to level up the playfield by making all job better at grinding and bossing, there will be always a best job at something and it will be abussed. We can't have Jobs like NL be good at grinding or mages being good at bossing, I gess that contradicts all that nostalgia based server strive for. Also now map cleaning skills are kinda bad or meh because all job either use them sparenly or are just playing bad compared to the rest of the skills, Meteor is trash, you want that on CD cos every time you attack there is a 60% chance of a Meteor falling, for mobbing is ok but you rather use other stuff.
    Long story short, there is no fix, the class overhauls would go against any nostalgia server, also we are not kids anymore, people figure out the game to a point that everything is explotable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    Perion
    Oh yeah, no I wasn't being too serious about it, just sort of postulating and thinking out loud.

Honestly I don't think there will ever be a true "fix" to the game. One person's vision is another person's nightmare. You might fix one thing but that "fix" just opens the door for new problems to arise that no one really considered before.

True balance will never be achieved, GMS attempted it and inevitably made nearly every class feel the same-- every class started doing like twelve lines of crit damage, warriors stopped dealing chunky single lines, everyone has a flash jump, pretty much every class had a map-wide skill at 4th job. Like no one really complained too much because it meant you could play whatever you wanted, but it also meant the classes started getting just a little too similar.

I think the best we can hope for is to allow, promote and celebrate class differences. Classes specialize in certain things, and that's something we should all be enjoying about this game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Funny enough I thought all jobs were the same on GMS until I tried them (Gotta grind that legion). Altho all jobs have a lot of mobility compared to old MS and do a gazilion lines per minute with billions and billions of damage this has a purpose; enhanced mobility is needed to avoid damage and 1shots, bosses requiere you to learn attack patterns rather than just tank the thing or perhaps over rely on s skill like Holy Shield, damage numbers and hits is just power creep, we need a new Boss that is stronger that the one we added before so you need jobs up to the task. All jobs now do have a gimmic that separate them to the rest, they all feel unique altho the line between classes has been blured out, being a Warrior doesn't make you slow and being a Thief doesn't make you speedy, is all about the weapon they use now haha. Still pretty unique jobs, but well as it is now, thats a totally different game, altho I kinda how certain explorers hold between eachother there and I wish they has a bit of that in pre BB, for example the Warriors, Hero is the glass melee cannon, simple as hell yet effective, the Boss damage competes with the top DPS jobs, sucks at grinding, is pretty much a melee NL compared to pre BB lol, DK is an all rounder with beholder to support him, some skills relate to HP but no Zerk cos that skill is stupid, you can die and insta revive but is not a tank, Paladin damage is lowish but he is the support Warrior, so tanky is pretty die if you play one, debuffs the bosses with threaten (has % scalings so is better than the old version) and support the team by protecting them from damage, this job if you play on a team is a blast, pun intended.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    Perion
    I don't know how it'd work in theoretical mushroom game from 2006, but I'd have loved to see even more unique specialization in the classes. But also I'd love to see more modern approaches(mechanics-based battles) to give everyone a reason to have samey-moves.

Like say there's a boss that chunks you and makes you unhealable for 5 seconds. You're sweating your face off waiting for the telegraph.

But before this boss was released, all classes got a class-specific i-frame dodge. It's not crazy different, and for some it has more beneficial features than others, but that's because each class would need it differently. Some of these would have short cooldowns while others wouldn't have cooldowns at all.

Like for Warriors their "i-frame" would be a counter stance. Wait for the telegraph, activate the skill, tank 10% of the damage and deal back enough to justify the stance. Keeps warriors up front in the fray and rewards their awareness with less dps downtime. Probably no cooldown.

Bowmen get a short range dash, in which during the animation they have full i-frame effects. This helps them reposition outside of heavy mechanics but also you don't want to constantly use it or your dps goes way down. Maybe a 3 second cooldown.

Mages would have a secondary mana shield that would replenish a certain amount of MP for however much of the shield was broken(% for %). But when activating the shield their mana is tanked to 10%. Potions are unusable in this state and deactivating the shield makes it so you can use pots again, but you don't get your mana back. If the shield is shattered, any spillover damage gets further reduced by your fairy. I'm thinking 10 second cooldown? Maybe more.

Thieves would have a shadow form, which would halt their dps and drop them into the shadow realm for a very short time before coming back. They both would then get a 5-10 second shadow clone to deal extra damage on their next 3 attacks. Yes Night Lords would have a 2nd shadow clone to throw 9 total stars like a silly goose. And Shadowers would come out of their iframe in fully charged dark sight for assassinate. 15-30 second cooldown, depending on when the team at the time would have designed the boss's telegraphs to come up.

Pirates would have a dodge roll to reposition, but that roll would give them an augmented next skill activation. Basic attacks and 1st and 2nd job attack skills would just get a bonus attack damage, but 3rd job skills would get something else and 4th job skills would be even more unique. I'm thinking like Corsair ship gains a new hull or a big ol homing cannon attack upon summon, Bucc's can immediately dash right back in for super saiyan mode. I'm least knowledgeable about pirates so this would be a toughie for me. But I think about 15-30 seconds cooldown would be good, given the above conditions.

This is all theoretical hypothetical what ifs though. I doubt GMS would have ever done this or even had the framework to create mechanics based gameplay. A lot of it feels very random, even if we can split it up per stage.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    This looks too much like a post-BB thing hahaha and well bosses don't accommodate for that, there is no need for this kind of skill since all bosses are just: hey eat dmg and avoid everything passively if you are a thief. There are skills that work that way tho, the shadow realm thing is on a Bowman class.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. mard

mard Mixed Golem Retired Staff

Jul 20, 2021
    Male
    7:48 AM
    Thief avoid is very nice but don't forget about bucc iframes too ;)

20. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    [​IMG]

o.o how did this go from economy to multi-mages to pet equips to job class tweaks?