1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion for Lady Boss (Anego)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Siao, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Apuntar

Apuntar Orange Mushroom

Sep 7, 2018
    Male
    4:08 PM
    OldSpear
    Dragon Knight
    California
    A certain mele class can't tank Anego while maximizing their damage even when using HB.

I say let Angeo run free, and run down these range classes. forcing them to kite.

"meant for ranged characters" lmao, that's rude and I'm willing to take a ban next time you anego. :mooning:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. postcard

postcard Selkie Jr.

Aug 17, 2018
    Postcard
    Bowmaster
    Vivid
    YOU KNOW WHAT I CAN'T TANK EVEN WITH HB, OMAR

90% OF THE BOSSES IN THE GAME

• Funny Funny x 5
  3. Virushade

Virushade Slime

Jan 22, 2019
    Male
    7:08 AM
    Virushade
    Corsair
    Hermes
    I would suggest making a NPC for the boss maps, where you can talk to him to transport you to the same boss map (but with a guaranteed boss that's inside), with a set daily entry limit. Furthermore, party leaders can bring along their whole party into the guaranteed boss map via the NPC, allowing for group bossing, or helping those who are like "Hey, can you help me kill this boss for quest".

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Git good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1Dj4Bgvt0k

5. Lidas

Lidas Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2017
    Male
    1:08 AM
    Lidas
    Bowmaster
    Why warriors would want anego? They get better exp from mobs dont they?
    If they join It will just make it even harder to find.

6. AioriaX

AioriaX Selkie Jr.

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    AioriaX
    Night Lord
    Beaters
    Back in the days of MSEA we had a rule that players who are not able to leech anegos are not allowed to camp anego maps (ie. level 125 minimum to camp it). In those days we had 20 channels and the likelihood of a single player with multiple lv 120s are not as rampant as what we have now in ML since it was amazingly difficult to even get 1 character up to 100.

But it was a solution back in the day. As it is unfair that they are low levelled and have no way to leech from Anego experience at all, to have them camp at a boss which would be otherwise more beneficial to someone who requires the exp.

It could be a suggestion but.... I'm not sure how applicable this could be to ML since most players have 12309127512 4th job characters per person themselves anyway.... and we only have 6 channels.

7. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    I see the pros and cons.
    -you can jump and dodge the bitch slap, you can jump and dodge the gun shot. its all timing, just like you cna jump over bigfoot
    -you may think its meant for ranged attackers, but its for all classes, people just somehow work around it. It's just easier for range attackers. (BGA is mostly for range attackers,but even 10 years ago, warriors/melee went to go kill BGA
    -toad is "meant" for melee attackers due to the amount of high HP you need, but because HP washing is a thing; range attackers can do it too.
    -dont let anego run around the map then, keep it on the right side where it usually spawns/walks over then.

I do see your frustration Amy

8. Fishy

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Fishy

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    because some ppl have it a goal to kill it as a melee attacker. its not "owned" by range attackers lol

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Jess

Jess Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2016
    Male
    Canada
    Jess, osooso
    Corsair
    Noir
    As someone who has camped area bosses for awhile in this server, I'm fine with leaving it as is, but the current system could use a change. I'm open to discussing ways to make things less hostile for people not actively or competitively tracking these bosses.

Of course there is nothing against the rules to hog these bosses for your own, but I can see how it can makes others frustrated. Sometimes competitiveness can get the best of some people and disputes happen.

When people have multiple high level characters, they should be able to camp multiple channels. The only issue I find is with the low level mules. It used to be much worse, where mules could take map ownership with the boss present. But I guess people camp maps hours before spawn... which seems ridiculous imo (if you're taking that much time and effort, you might as well be grinding to get consistant exp).

One way I thought to fix this is to only have the boss spawn when a character of leech level is present. This way mules cannot get map ownership.

For those new bossers: know mapowner rules. Know when a map is taken, and how to fairly claim a map. There are many competitive boss campers (some nicer than others). Try not to get frustrated and if you do, move on to something else in the game that is worthwhile doing.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  11. Rockler

Rockler Mixed Golem

Jan 8, 2016
    Male
    Sweden
    12:08 AM
    Nude
    Night Lord
    Scamure
    Just add 20more channels and everyone gets to kill anego :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    Boss summoning bags? Would be fun in multiple ways! ;)

13. hsmule5430

hsmule5430 Slimy

Aug 3, 2017
    1:08 AM
    Thief
    can we get update on this?

14. thugric

thugric Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

May 10, 2017
    Male
    7:08 PM
    TaxDog
    Marksman
    Beaters
    Still under discussion. There no changes made on Anego in conjunction with this anniversary patch

15. silus

silus Blue Snail

Apr 8, 2020
    Male
    11:08 PM
    ChicoDusty
    Hermit, Dragon Knight
    This problem stretches over way more than just Anego. There is a serious problem in that there are only a few maps which are good for training and funnily enough, they've now just turned into popular leech locations.

One of the things Kimmy wanted from having fewer channels is for people to make more friends. Well, with leeching nobody is really making friends. They just advertise that they're buying or selling and then go AFK for a few hours once they find their leecher (or play in silence while leeching).

Because of this rampant leeching culture, the actually good training locations are filled with 4th job mages holding the map until they get a buyer; leaving those of us who actually want to train stuck with either not training because the other maps quite frankly suck, or cc'ing forever hoping someone disconnects. I've personally experienced high level mages holding maps with mapowner (while not doing anything the rest of the time) and 'allowing' others to use it while they wait for a buyer. In my eyes this is really shitty and totally abusing the mapowner system. There's also people I know of who have organised holding maps indefinitely by coordinating with players in different time-zones.

The real solution to this seems to be simple for me. Nerf leeching and award party play more. I get that this server is all about the nostalgia from v62 but lets face it, leeching just wasn't a good part of the game. You don't really play the game and you especially don't make a lot of friends by going AFK.

My suggestions:
    • heavily reduce EXP gained from leeching off people who are a much higher level than you
    • reward party play in larger maps (e.g. Ludi maps) to actually make them more viable training locations - something like an extra exp boost in addition to party bonus within certain large map
    As for the bosses like Anego, BF, HH etc:
    • Make them summon-able through a repeatable quest but limit the number of times this can be done/make the quest tricky enough that people can't really just do it over and over and over
    I think using these suggestions, we really will start seeing more people partying up and making friends.

I'd like to know your thoughts on this, or any counter points you can offer.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. postcard

postcard Selkie Jr.

Aug 17, 2018
    Postcard
    Bowmaster
    Vivid
    Disagree on this for BF/HH, you still have to search through the forest for those area bosses and they're not easily camped like Anego. Plus, both of them already have a much longer respawn timer than Anego.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    Z00M
    Beginner
    Anego back in MSEA is one of the most exciting mini bosses for me and there wasn't any system of mapowner. So guilds who commonly anego, would rather make friends than enemies amongst themselves.

Imo since we already have mapowner restricting players while grinding, having anego FFA is kinda stimulating; competing with other players on who can white the exp, rather than the usual camp - wait - kill order.

removes the issue with campers owning anego (no dmg? Get outta the way)
    solves the multiple holding of other channels - example: if Person A has mapowner of all 7 channels, he can sweep all channels 1 by 1 without interference (makes each individual w their main class can only own/white 1 anego in the current channel (person A) and the other channels may give a chance of other players (person B) to white anego even tho this channel is being tracked by Person A.

18. silus

silus Blue Snail

Apr 8, 2020
    Male
    11:08 PM
    ChicoDusty
    Hermit, Dragon Knight
    That's a good point. I was more trying to come up with something constructive rather than not addressing it at all - but I agree with what you've said.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. ma3ohma3

ma3ohma3 Chronos

Mar 5, 2021
    kind of. cleaves have died out. at least you can say only ranged camps it now :cat:

20. Lucidcat

Lucidcat Mixed Golem

May 14, 2021
    8:08 AM
    Is this issue solved yet?