1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Ainz Progresses a Poor Ranged Attacker

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by Ainz, Jan 24, 2021.

1. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    10:09 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    Day 23: When life gives you lemons.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not much to say, sometimes sweating doesn't immediately pay off. We're going to keep on going strong, though! Might not be able to get in as many raffles as I did today on every day, but we'll see!

OH I FORGOT, I DID PROGRESS ON MY MAGES.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

One thing I did want to mention, I've hopped on a few older/benched chars to raffle on and I did thoroughly enjoy playing those again. Pretty cool idea, the way the raffle is currently done.

• Like Like x 5
  2. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Day 24: Wasting my time so you don't have to.

Honestly, not much of an update for now, but I did want to mention that my silence in this thread is not related to me once again quitting the game.

I am here, lurking beneath the shadows, doing my daily raffles and repeatedly complaining to everyone that will listen.

I do want to mention; My feelings about the raffle are very positive. I enjoy the 'kill 100 x' system and feel that the suggested mobs are overall good choices. Additonally, having ws/cs replaced by pouch 1-2-3-4 and adding a few other items of medium value has made the raffle feel less feast-or-famine, which is a great thing imho.

Tl;dr, not doing anything very significant atm. Farming meso, getting some exp here and there. A fat list of raffle rewards is coming though.

• Like Like x 2
  3. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Day 25: A distant rumble approaches...

Hey again! No large updates, just some hints and updates on progress.

IMG_20220402_003454.jpg bOOM we're going places.

maple.png
    BOOM bring out your pitchforks because it's time for Farm Simulator 2022

• Like Like x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Day 26: Still an intermezzo until event ends and I can finally publish

BUT THERE IS A CHANGE.
    [​IMG]
    Ok so I am definitely not converting to islanding, but an extra raffle a day couldn't hurt, right?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ok so where do we stand?
    We were 416k away when I started off the day.
    I did already put in a small chunk of grinding and got to this point: [​IMG]
    That's almost a quarter of the way done! And it was barely any effortOnionBlush

As far as my daily raffles go: [​IMG]
    And I'll be doing another 8 before reset, so at least 150 is within sight!

• Like Like x 3
  5. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    5:09 AM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Day 27: Huh.

[​IMG]
    So, 154 raffles done. Supposedly made 530m (Which isn't actually the case since I sold everything for less than EV. Example of this being me selling my cat mug at 83m, which was probably the lowest point it hit.)

But let's hypothetically say I did make this much money, that would mean 530m over 154 raffles = 3.44m per raffle. Given that a raffle took me ~15 mins on average, that puts the hourly rate at roughly 13.75m/hr.

Sounds nice, didn't actually get that profit, good fun, goodbye

• Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Day 28: Am I back? Am I gonna leave again soon? I don't know

What is up, buttercups? After a long hiatus because of uni, I finally felt motivated enough to play some ML again. Surprisingly, it was actually a pretty productive day!

First of all, enough of that whole sweaty multi-mage grind. I've been mostly playing on my laptop for the past months and I don't feel like opening more than 4 clients concurrently. As such, we needed a new strategy and, more important, new goals. No more "Once I get to level x and farm y billion meso, then I'll have fun again." I will still set similar goals, but I will no longer shoot myself in the foot by trying to achieve these goals through the most profitable-17-clienting ways. I'm gonna have FUN.

For a while now, I've felt an itch to get my I/L to 1hit petri and my bishop to 1hit skele. Here's the current statistics on that:
    I/L
    [​IMG]
    (MW20 + Meditate)
    Clearly I'm still kinda far removed from Petri 1-hit goal of 1282 TMA. However, there are a few things I could (and should) do to come significantly closer.
    1. My wand is a big big doodoo:
    [​IMG]
    I intend to upgrade this to a 170-175tma wand sometime soon.
    2. I'm not factoring in echo in my current calculations. Given that echo gives +4% tma (if I recall correctly), that should reduce the 1282tma goal to (1282/1.04) = 1232tma. Relying on echo to hit tma goals feels kinda cheatsydoodles but I think it's a fair step along the way.
    3. What's one of the easiest (and cheapest) ways to get TMA? Right! Leveling up. I should really just get some levels in and today served as a reminder how easy it is to level up if I just put some hours into a decent spot instead of trying to optimise every waking minute I spend on this game.
    4. [​IMG]While this is a decent MoN, upgrading to a HTP is probably the cheapest way for me to currently gain 7-8 tma.
    5. [​IMG] Walking around with this embarassment at my current level/funding also feels pretty yuck. A 20-22 int Crimsonheart would be a very welcome upgrade.
    6. [​IMG] Upgrading this is both necessary and important, but it wouldn't provide a very significant TMA gain for now.

Bish
    [​IMG]
    (MW10 + Wizard Elixir)
    1. Right, the first thing that stands out like an eyesore is the fact that my bishop doesn't have mw20 yet. I don't feel like it'll be worth investing my funds into in the foreseeable future.
    2. Both the cape, mask, and MoN problem are shared between my Bish and my I/L.
    To 1hit skele as a bish, I believe I'd need around 1300 tma. Factoring in echo, that would put my goal at precisely 1250 tma.

Combining it all, I feel like reaching 1hit skele threshold on my bish would be notably more tedious than 1hit petri on my I/L. Hence, the latter will be my goal for now.

While I did say I was going to stop sweating, I can't tolerate grinding my mages without getting the full HS bonus. To resolve this, (at least) 1 character has to be leeched.
    Meet my exp-soaking-HS-activating slave: Reoru!
    [​IMG]
    I know, I know. Everyone's been fussing about heroes being dookie. While that may be true, I....really don't care! I'm absolutely never going to be running PB and even horntail is probably not going to be happen in the foreseeable future. Hence, the content I mostly use to determine whether a class will be fun/strong/relevant/whatever consists of:
    - Rav/Pap
    - Zak/Krex
    - CWK
    - JC
    - Maybe Scarga?
    Hero still doesn't exactly shine in the majority of these, but they're also not ran with such competitive squads that it really matters. I just wanna brandish and I guess I don't have a hero yet so here we go.
    This char is probably going to be absorbing most of my (currently building) funds. I do have some decent top/bot/ear/helm stuff for it, but...I don't have a sword.OnionF6
    According to some, axe heroes are an actual thing. I don't buy into this nonsense, though. There is a single weapon that has always motivated me to make a hero and you better bet your sweet butt it's not a claymore: The Stonetooth Sword!
    Yep, claymores are way better/cheaper, but if I cared about dps I wouldn't be making a hero anyways...OnionMuha

With all of that out of the way, I'll briefly go over what I did today in pursuit of my newfound goals:
    1. Ran Ravana on my NL with BeeneBeene. Who would've known he actually had time to play the game aside from commissioning every artist he can find. I hit lvl 130!
    2. Hunted a whole bunch of bigfoots (bigfeet?) with my wonderful SE-mule that goes by the name of HiyoHiyo! Gained like another 70% on my NL.
    2. Selfleeched my hero-to-be with my strong-I/L-to-be. I/L went from lvl 146 to like 147 with 50%. Hero-to-be leveled from lvl 99 to 103! Thanks to NiseNise for his ulu3 tutorial and Nightz777Nightz777 for helping me get the rotation down. Currently getting a very smooth 52m eph on my I/L and 21m eph on the hero-to-be.

Thanks for reading, hope everyone is having a wonderful week and we've almost made it to the weekend again!OnionPerfectOnionPerfect

• Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    6:09 AM
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    Actually, if you do 1232 x 1.04 you won't reach 1282, it's actually 1281. Idk how to explain in English but the way you did this percentage calculation was wrong.
    It's the same when you want to pay someone that lent you mesos with taxes. If someone lent you 100m, if you pay 102,5m (that would be 2,5% more), your friend won't get 100m back, although it's really close in both cases.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Ginny Plants

Ginny Plants Red Snail

May 1, 2022
    5:09 PM
    No, his calculations are correct.

In your example, you want your lender to receive 100m, which is 2.5% less than what you should be sending; that's why you do 100m/0.975 instead of 100m*1.025.

In his situation, he wants 1282 tma. Since echo gives 4% more tma, x tma*1.04 to get 1282 is correct. His mistake was in rounding 1282/1.04 down to 1232 instead of up to 1233, since 1282/1.04=1232.69, which means that you need at least 1232.69 tma to hit 1282 after echo, which rounds up to 1233 base tma.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    oh yea that was my bad. u are right

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  11. Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    maplestory always rounds downs decimals in terms of attack and magic

• Informative Informative x 3
  12. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Woopsie, yeah I didn't bother checking the rounding up/down. My bad, thanks!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  13. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Thank you for taking the time to read my journal this thoroughly! You had me worried for a second when I read your message. I was relieved to read I didn't make a mistake, thanks Ginny PlantsGinny Plants
    I think the potential mistake you were highlighting is the following judgment in error people sometimes make:
    Sometimes, people can look at this situation and think the following: "I want to reach 1282, echo gives +4%. That means I just have to subtract 4% from 1282." This results in the following calculation: (1-0.04)*1282 = 1230.72
    If we then try to verify this was correct by adding 4% tma to 1230.72, we get the following: (1230.72 * 1.04) = 1279.95
    While the difference is indeed very small (as you mentioned), the difference between multiplying by (1-0.04) and dividing by (1+0.04) become apparent. The difference becomes much more apparent when you use larger numbers (e.g. Maple Warrior calculations with +10% stat being done 'backwards')

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    MapleLegends forums, where people assume you don't know elementary school math and might be right too. Except for when they actually try to correct you. Fun times to be had by all. Come join us for more dumb takes and jumping-to-conclusions.

15. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Please, wholesome vibes only in my journal OnionF4OnionF4

• Disagree Disagree x 9
  16. NugZeh

NugZeh Slimy Retired Staff

May 6, 2017
    Male
    UK
    9:09 AM
    very good journal ainz !1111

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  17. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    lmao hey chill man
    i wasnt trying to make any assumption or trying to be the right guy here. i tried to help by reading something that was in fact wrong, but not for the reason i mentioned, and i realized that and said sorry. the only calc i did was 1232 x 1,04 that doesnt reach 1282. in fact he needs 1233 and not 1232 tma.

18. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Play nice kids or Ainz will abandon his Journal once again!

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    5:09 AM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    What happened to the Corsair? IM HERE FOR THE CORSAIR CONTENT!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    maple-2.png
    Oops