1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Accepted Allow Islanders to Raffle/Raffle Quest

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by zeroxlr, Mar 20, 2022.

1. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    11:53 PM
    xxxxSnuggles
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    Islanders are on KNEES for allowance into joining the festivities of Raffle/Raffle Quest!

OnionGirlWink

Please allow for the change of raffle quest on Maple Island to be random island mobs, maybe via checking Map ID or some way that works.

Thank you for Staffs' HARD work and much support! :heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:

• Agree Agree x 16
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. IoIzor

IoIzor Capt. Latanica

Jun 8, 2015
    7:53 AM
    Islander
    Hard agree

• Agree Agree x 8
  3. MoistLips

MoistLips Blue Snail

Jan 10, 2022
    Male
    2:53 AM
    MoistLips
    Shadower
    Hogwarts
    Also agree D:

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Noire

Noire Game Moderator Staff Member Game Moderator

May 9, 2020
    Islander, Page, Spearman, Magician, Cleric, Priest, I/L Arch Mage, Bishop, Hunter, Bowmaster, Assassin, Hermit, Night Lord, Shadower, Buccaneer
    Agreed

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Part of the balance of this raffle is the required traveling through the maple world.

We'll discuss internally if we are going to add a way for islanders to raffle whilst staying on the island but if this is done there might be some changes to the raffle rewards and it will also require a server restart.

• Like Like x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    The islanders have to end up asking for this kind of stuff event after event. Isn’t it just easier to think ahead one week ahead and not add pointless systems like this?

I could understand if there were new ground being tread here, but the event is literally a copy paste of last years event except this year it doesn’t allow islanders to participate. The quests are the laziest and most band-aid measure “balance” change that is going to stop exactly zero people who want to abuse raffle mules.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    I think the island needs a permanent alternative to events. Most events are 70+, have a more complicated system not suitable to islanders, or don’t even contain the ideal items an islander would want anymore.

There’s nothing in this item pool that is important enough to recode a quest so a couple people can do it on maple island. What islanders really need is storage, a custom permanent raffle, or a gachapon as events nowadays are getting farther and farther away from an islander to even be able to participate in them even if they have all the npcs.

• Agree Agree x 11
  8. Edann

Edann Slimy Retired Staff

Oct 24, 2020
    8:53 AM
    Edann
    I/L Arch Mage
    Pasta
    Ah yes, the breezy procedure of drag and dropping the event.exe file into the "ACTIVE EVENT" folder and flicking the event switch on. Finally someone on forums is criticizing just how technically easy it is to set up the event to expose staff for them clearly hating islanders and not because much more thought and prep has to go into this fraction of the playerbase. Great work!

(PS. I think something like ChrisChris suggested would be a great solution)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  9. OP
    OP
    zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    YAY!!
    I know that this is just a tiny chance... OnionSpark

It'd be really cool (WORTH IT) even if it's to scrounge the whole island to kill a TON of each of the maple island mob just to get 1 raffle.

Thank you and everyone for taking time out to at least discuss the possibility of whether or not it'd be do-able :heartbeat:

• Friendly Friendly x 7
  10. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    I never said coding was that easy, but if you are really trying to argue that it takes more effort to do the exact same event with most of the exact same assets than to plan, create, and test something new then I don't know what to tell you. It is what it is, uninspired. But that’s not even the reason why I’m upset.

Personally, I am more annoyed that of anything they decided to change, it had to be a tiny event point muling nerf that is just going to alienate more players than it actually deters from raffling. If it was an effective point muling nerf, I would say okay, I guess we should just bite the bullet. It’s for the best of the server that things are this way, because the islander community is not that big. But you are really trying to tell me that 100 cheap amplifiers is going to stop someone from loading up their 4 warrior mule setup? They could use the NX they farm in literally a day to teleport rock and leech every single quest. It is a poor decision, And I think it’s fair for me to criticize it.

For what it’s worth, I agree with Chris too. Unfortunately, islander changes have been suggested long before this and we look to be at an impasse there. So where else should I give my thoughts if not here? They didn’t make a feedback thread for last event so I see no better place. This is a forum for discussion, not all feedback has to be positive.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    give us storage or gacha.
    [​IMG]

cat : us islanders
    hand : GMs

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. SwordnBoard

SwordnBoard Selkie Jr.

Jun 17, 2017
    Male
    6:53 AM
    SwordnBoard
    Paladin
    TeaDrinkers
    But you can play the event guys!

Just leave the island.
    669634643028606998.png

• Creative x 5
    • Agree x 4
    • Informative x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Great Work x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  13. IoIzor

IoIzor Capt. Latanica

Jun 8, 2015
    Islander
    left the island to do the event
    how do i get back?

• Like Like x 5
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    You should consult imakemagics

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    Trion
    Beginner
    Do Flowers drop on maple island or nah??

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Chris

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    Yellow - orange mushroom
    Red - red snail
    White - green snail
    Blue - blue snail

• Like Like x 5
  17. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    Trion
    Beginner
    Oh I mean I know who drops them but they aren't locked out of dropping in Maple Island? I am assuming not because you answered it this way but just double checking. And thanks Chris.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Chris

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    The mobs on island are the same as off island. The roses being added to those specific mobs were so islanders could obtain them. :thumbsup:

We complained about roses over a year before the first Valentines event. OnionMuha

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    Trion
    Beginner
    Thanks Chris for confirming haha, I guess time for my Islander to collect to add to his growing equipment list f2. Great work XD

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Pasta

Pasta Game Developer Staff Member Game Developer

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    Pastaland
    Moderator Post
    This was approved, and a "lite" version of the raffle will be added to Maple Island. The hunted monsters will ofcourse be Maple Island ones.

-

I would like to remind that Events are planned with "regular" gameplay in mind, and that the inclusion of extremely specific playstyles such as that of Islanders isn't always automatic, especially when the content is designed around a big monster pool to pick from, and in a minor way also around the potentially longer distance to travel.
    This to say that, while we will always consider and often accept Islander-including suggestions for events, it shouldn't come as a surprise that they're generally not part of the initial release.

Also,
    In reality, there's a substantial difference between the raffle quests we've had so far that required 100 Etc. drops, and this event quest that requires 100 randomized kills (that cannot be shared by multiple people).

Randomized quest requirements are not natively supported by our game version, so, as confusing as it may sound from a superficial look, the effort required to setup this raffle was much bigger than a lot of our previous ones.
    This is our first test run of the system, which will allow us to gather feedback on the technical and gameplay aspects of it, while we polish it further in preparation for upcoming more inspired uses.

Thanks for the suggestion!

• Great Work Great Work x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Like Like x 4