1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Accepted Allow Islanders to Raffle/Raffle Quest

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by zeroxlr, Mar 20, 2022.

1. OP
    OP
    zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    10:47 PM
    xxxxSnuggles
    Beginner, Camper, Islander

OnionGirlLove

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH PASTA + STAFF TEAM FOR THE DECISION!!!

I glad that even though Islanders are somewhat of a niche group, we're super excited to be considered for inclusion into each event.

I understand that it's definitely tough to do a workaround each time for us, and I'm very appreciative!

I'm actually surprised more so that even though this hunting raffle quest is in its 1st test run of inspirations, this definitely shows how dedicated the Staff Team is towards improving the gameplay with new ideas.

:star::heartbeat::star:

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    Honestly I think my initial frustration from multiple factors blinded me to see the small nuances which make things different from previous years event. As I play more I do see these things and I understand that I was too harsh to call it completely pointless and uninspired. For that, I do apologize.

I still have criticisms of how certain aspects of events and this event in particular handled (and question the decision to have islanders do this dance on the forums every event), but I will find a place to give my feedback when I have had more time to ruminate on my opinion. For now I will say that my criticism on the muling aspect of the system was wrong and I should have been less dismissive towards your guys work. Thank you for taking the time to consider islanders for this event.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    1:47 AM
    Trion
    Beginner
    Thank you Pasta for taking the time to respond!

• Like Like x 3
  4. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    Kiyomasa, kage, miko, zoku, etc
    Dragon Knight, Cleric, Bowman, Bandit
    Perion
    While I respect Islanders and their niche, I also try to step outside my box and look at things from a broader perspective that isn't always my own opinion.

My own opinion is that it's nice when everyone can be included but it's not always possible.

Trying to look beyond that, imagine, if you will, a different group that plays extremely niche. Vic Islanders is one idea, but it could apply to any sort of extremely niche group. Amorians, Taiwan-only, NLC only, pick your weird oddjob/oddlocation destination. Should every event be inclusive to every irregular style of play? It's hard to argue that it should, and while the dev team very much tries to, it should be kept in mind that not every event can work around that specific niche.

I absolutely love the community support for Islanders and I think y'all have some funny as hell memes, but I also find it difficult to really support expansion along this idea.

It's like if someone plays Pokémon and only stays in Route 1 as a "challenge," and then complains that GameFreak isn't adding enough things to do between the first two towns.

At some point people need to realize that the challenge of an Islander isn't in the hope that things will be added to make Islanding not only a niche club but almost like an exclusive game on its own, but in the fact that y'all are there just to see how far you can make it. It's entirely user-supported, it's simply not meant to be the norm.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    1:47 AM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    Understandable to have this opinion, but I think you're also ignoring a large amount of things.

- A key feature of islander in this version of maple, mts, has been removed. The "challenge" historically had access to almost everything via this method.

- The bubble has already been popped. Items have been released to the island so its understandable from a community aspect that there are the people that have and the have nots. Newer Islanders understandably are going to want comparable items that older Islanders have received & the old Islanders want them to have access to those things so the community can grow.

- It may be niche but it has its own rankings on the website. Anybody can look at that and scroll through the different characters and the event equipment they have. It shouldn't be unreasonable for a new player to see an equip via rankings and expect to be able to obtain that one day. Yet the reality is, oh that equip is from 2017 and will never come back, you're SOL.

- We acknowledge that events aren't compatible with Islanders, especially now. Which is why for the past year we have been suggesting alternative content so we aren't event reliant. Instead we were met with that events should be more inclusive to Islanders moving forward by staff, which doesn't really seem to be the case. We were also encouraged to bring up our suggestions to see if anything can be done.

I would love to see a day where these event threads are no longer appear because they are not needed anymore & not because everyone quit.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1