1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Consider removing attack on air limitations for more skills

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Toon, Mar 26, 2022.

1. Snork

Snork Capt. Latanica

Feb 19, 2018
    12:39 PM
    Snorf
    Paladin
    Lore
    This is pretty funny considering NLs being the best pick in all imaginable situations is the actual reason for lack of class diversity. (How are classes diverse if you should always just play NL?). You will still be able to jump attack and flash jump around for that fun NL class identity even after this change.

I think the suggestion in the OP is great! It's good quality of life for other classes and will make them more fun to play. The disagreements in the thread are overreactions imo, it's not a universal jump dash guys... it's attacking while jumping.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    4:39 AM
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    Pathfinder too! :)

Yeah, I tried to make this suggestion before but then got told that I was playing wrong. Started to button mash more and it was ok but it ended up being annoying gave up on my archer which I just use as an SE/event mule, but I gave up on suggesting on trying to make it a thing.

3. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    4:39 AM
    Kiyomasa, kage, miko, zoku, etc
    Dragon Knight, Cleric, Bowman, Bandit
    Perion
    In terms of being less aggressive on skill change, I think making Knockback skills a helluva lot more viable would be a good start. Lowering or completely removing animation lock of certain attack actions would also be good(but then there would need to be a delay between shots or there could be some wonky animation cancel exploitation there.

As a DK pre-Rush I've learned to weave in my pig into my attacks to close gaps, reposition, and just generally move around the map faster. But the drawback is that I can't attack while on my piggy, so I've learned when to use it and when to just sit tight. I think jump attacks could be made easier to pull off, and I agree with a lot of the posts here saying some actions should definitely be allowed while others almost defeat the purpose of the skill in the first place(such as holding down Hurricane, you're meant to turret up, not to move around). But I also think that the unique draw to Night Lords is that they're the only class to truly have that sort of ability to jump and attack and to pretty much have no useful knockback until 4th(and it's not even that useful) as their drawback. For Night Lords it's how they're supposed to be played.

• Agree Agree x 1