1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Jelly's Simple Bishop Guide

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Jelly, Dec 30, 2021.

1. Jelly

Jelly Red Snail

Dec 16, 2017
    12:11 PM
    im no longer updating this guide, thats why i deleted it

• Like Like x 9
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    11:11 AM
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    Some pointers:

Better max teleport 3rd in 2nd job. You can’t afk in the ghost ship anymore so you’ll want to teleport all over the map. I’d say heal > mp eater > teleport > invincible > bless > whatever (unused skill points).

For third job, you probably want lvl 1 mystic door before maxing hs since it’s awesome.

For fourth, go for res (at least lvl 1) before holy shield. Res is more useful in bossing than shield and both are only used in bossing. When you’re hting (so lvl 155+), big bang could come in handy helping clear darks without long ass cast times helping with your own survivability. Properly geared bishops can do 1x big bang and then 1 gen to kill them, which helps a lot in avoiding getting dispelled.

For training, don’t forget about forrest of trees with chief bandit or fp. Could go there before lvl 95 (same as himes) when the attacker is lower lvl.

You won’t need an hb mule if you’re mp washing. Start at lvl 70 to reach 30k mp around lvl 130.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Jelly

Jelly Red Snail

Dec 16, 2017
    Thats true I didn't think about the teleport thing, mystic door I thought about but I rather have the extra point in hs, I have 1 point in ress but I forgot to put it before holy shield, how many points in big bang would u need for darks?, forest of trees I have never been at but i'm probably gonna add it later to the guide, thanks for the feedback :)

4. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    How many big bang points you need highly depends on your tma. Darks have 80k hp, so big bang + genesis needs to be 80k dmg total

• Like Like x 1
  5. Winnie

Winnie Timer

Feb 22, 2020
    6:11 PM
    Bishop
    -
    Forest of Tree Tower &
    You'll prob need around lv 110~115 to duo with F/p efficiently because of accuracy

Lv40 Yellow Umbrella
    Heart Wand is Lv 54
    Skip Wisdom staff because waste of $

• Like Like x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Jelly

Jelly Red Snail

Dec 16, 2017
    Thanks for the feedback, I updated the guide :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Randuwu

Randuwu Slime

Feb 9, 2021
    Male
    3:11 AM
    Jollibae
    Bishop
    Katsu
    Awesome guide! MapleF11

I'd probably add that maxing Summon Dragon in 3rd job is optional. You'll only need 15 SP so that you'll have access to Bahamut in 4th job (which eventually replaces the 3rd job skill). Summon Dragon also requires the use of summoning rocks, and Bahamut does not.

Doom is somewhat useful for the NT prequests since all the mobs are strong against holy attacks, and turning them into snails will remove that. It's also a fun skill for the memes.

GL to all the bishops out there! :pinkbean:

• Like Like x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Jelly

Jelly Red Snail

Dec 16, 2017
    Oh I didnt realise Doom was that useful, I'm gonna change Dragon to 15 and Doom to 16, Thanks! smilemush

9. OP
    OP
    Jelly

Jelly Red Snail

Dec 16, 2017
    Added quest links, binds, macros, tips, and more explanation text

10. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    7:11 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    i loved this Guide <3

• Like Like x 1
  11. xOxRaya

xOxRaya Snail

Jan 9, 2022
    6:11 AM
    xOxRaya
    Cleric
    Hey great guide, thank you!
    I was wondering, since Holy Arrow can only have 11 points, would it be wise to put say 10 of those into Magic Armor? Or is that skill completely useless?
    I figure, because lvl 1 Shining Ray is better than 11 HA, would there be any point to putting those points to HA?

I'd love to hear what others think about this tiny thought!

12. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    That's perfectly fine to do since you won't be using Holy Arrow at all, however Magic Armor is also not that huge since it'll only give you 20 extra defense but I guess it's something.

13. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    Plus you’ll never use magic armor since bless gives you the same armor and more

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Oh yeah I was somehow even assuming they'd be able to max magic armor down the road (which is possible but meh) and then it's a 20 gain over Bless (40 armor).

On another note I actually think you should be maxing MP eater a lot earlier still. if you are actively training at GS2 you can get by without using magic guard and be using 0 pots all the time

15. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    Yea seems like OP missed that in my msg. I agree that heal and mp eater are the most important, closely followed by teleport.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Randuwu

Randuwu Slime

Feb 9, 2021
    Male
    Jollibae
    Bishop
    Katsu
    Honestly, you'll never use Holy Arrow (unless you do it for the memes), so feel free to put some cosmetic points into Magic Armor and flex f3

17. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    Kiyomasa, kage, miko, zoku, etc
    Dragon Knight, Cleric, Bowman, Bandit
    Perion
    Possibly dumb question, what sort of gear should I be looking at? Assuming I'm not dumping bajillions into int gear, what's a good alternative to at least get some defense and extra stats? Lukless is a struggle haha, I'm still in my baby clothes.

18. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    It’s fine to keep your baby clothes for a while. You’ll be stronger than luk mages still. At 30 get s paintbrush from the ninja castle. The other options are right in the guide. It’s fine to use a nocturnal wand up to lvl 70. You’ll be healing at gs2 anyhow which is ez af and 100% free.

Otherwise just get some cheap int gear (people sell low int stuff quite cheap because they “failed” making their goal equips)

19. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    Kiyomasa, kage, miko, zoku, etc
    Dragon Knight, Cleric, Bowman, Bandit
    Perion
    You've got a good point there haha. I remember I got a 9atk wg for less than it's worth simply because the seller failed a scroll or two.

20. JKNS

JKNS Selkie Jr.

Sep 21, 2020
    5:11 AM
    Hero, Dark Knight, F/P Arch Mage, I/L Arch Mage, Bishop, Night Lord
    By the time you're regularly HTing, 1 cast of Gene 30 + max Bahamut should reasonably clear Darks (as long as you have reasonable gears and are up to date on your MP Washing): Big Bang isn't much of a factor in HT for that reason. Hero's Will to 5 is also probably recommended after Holy Shield since Bishops are especially vulnerable to mass Sed if it triggers before all three heads die (since any 1/1 pretty much screws you, no matter how much HP washing you've done, while Dispel from midhead or left arm can also end you if you're not heavily HP washed). If your job at HT is to stay alive, Hero's Will is a more integral part of your survival core than even Bahamut is (which for me has always just been an additional source of damage in clearing Dark Wyverns and that's basically it, and that's only really of value once you start running 6-mans and single-bishop runs: in two-bishop runs, Bahamut isn't as necessary if the two bishops sync their Genesis casts, but the potential of early mass-sed still exists).

Another thing I'd add: the only levels your Gene should ever really be are 1, 10, and 30. Gene 1 can 1hit CDs and everything below at 120 (minus WR, but even that's possible with good enough gears). Gene10 with average gears (roughly 1000 TMA, give or take) can do both 1hit WS and 2hit Skeles at 130. The next reasonable 1hit leech benchmark (Ulu1) requires both MW20 and Gene30 into your 14x ranges (and Ulu2/1hit Skeles assumes you have both). If you want access to more versatile content, you can easily get max Res and 20 points in Holy Shield for Zak runs before adding anything to Gene30 (and MW20 is a better investment anyway since it doubles as essentially a roughly +35 INT boost compared to MW10 at 140 for full LUKless). Gene30 should only really come after you have equips and MW20 locked down, and you're best off saving the 20 SP between 10 and 30 (you don't reach new KO thresholds, so it's just an MP sink over time).

I'd honestly get 1 Door after the 3 points in Dispel: it doesn't change when you max Holy Symbol in 3rd job (unless you put an initial point in Shining Ray, and that's probably more of a discussion on whether to put the 1 point in Door or not). I think the usefulness of Door outweighs the 1 skill level difference at any point in Holy Symbol levels, especially since you reach 30 at the same level (81) regardless. I'd also say Element Resistance and Dispel are both bossing skills, but the 3rd job Summon Dragon is an actively terrible skill: put those 15 points in last. If you're assisting at CWK, then Dispel 4th (after Door) is fine, but otherwise, I think Element Resistance's damage reduction comes into play slightly more often, and I'd max that 4th, but that's more nitpicking.

If you don't go heavy at EPQ in 2nd job, there's not much merit to maxing Bless any earlier than 4th or 5th. The accuracy is really only of help to low-accuracy attackers facing PQ bosses. Likewise: if you primarily train at Ghost Ship, then MP Eater is better than even Teleport. Invincible's damage reduction isn't a big deal in 2nd job to begin with (it comes into play more with the large damage mobs such as CDs in 3rd job): MP Eater honestly shouldn't be maxed any later than 3rd on a Cleric: when you have Heal and Magic Guard, nothing you train at in 2nd job does enough damage to where the HP/MP savings matter much, but with MP Eater, your pot usage at Ghost Ship is actually zero because of the MP the mobs have (even without afking on the stairs).

If you plan on maining or co-maining your Bishop (as in actively participating in Boss content such as HT instead of just to leech other characters), there is no reason to not HP Wash. It makes survivability so much easier and bossing considerably less stressful. That said, HP Washing a Mage is significantly expensive in terms of NX (my Bishop is not done HP washing to its final goals, and I'm over 2m NX spent on APRs). You need to reach 29k MP reasonably early: while non-HP wash Bishops can start MP Washing in their 10x or even 11x levels and be fine, Bishops that want enough HP should start MP washing probably at 90 at the latest. Also get the Monster Book ring: between the 1000 HP and 500 MP, that's the equivalent of 178 APRs saved (166 from the +1000 HP, and 12 from the +500 MP). 5.5k without Magic Guard will let you live reasonably anything at HT minus perfect frames, ~7k will let you live even the perfect frame (which is Left Head's physical Ice Attack with the Wings' Attack Buff).

• Great Work Great Work x 1