1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Add configuration for autopot thresholds

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jc123, Apr 4, 2022.

1. jc123

jc123 Brown Teddy

Jun 21, 2020
    2:44 PM
    jc43
    Warrior
    Would it be possible to add configuration for autopot hp/mp?

Example:
    -- within .ini file --
    autopot_hp = 50%
    autopot_mp = 25%
    -> gets reflected when maplelegends is booted.

It looks like there's some setting saved when I set my autopot settings and when I open multiple clients it's saved off of my latest instance.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    Kiyomasa, kage, miko, zoku, etc
    Dragon Knight, Cleric, Bowman, Bandit
    Perion
    So I'm confused.
    What normally happens when you set autopot is that it triggers off your HP/MP warning threshold in your settings. When you restart the client it should save and stay the same.

Is this not happening?

3. OP
    OP
    jc123

jc123 Brown Teddy

Jun 21, 2020
    jc43
    Warrior
    This is happening but different accounts a player owns could use different autopot settings.
    I won't speak for anyone else but it takes me a bit to run through autopot settings to make sure all of my accounts are okay to play if I want to multiclient for whatever reason.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. TrueKebab

TrueKebab Pink Teddy

Jan 13, 2020
    Male
    11:44 PM
    DancinPig, Jatizso, Neitiznot, HolyPig
    Dragon Knight, Priest, Shadower
    Galaxy
    Ini file would start all clients on the same setting though, which means you'd still have to adjust when mutliclienting so I don't see a direct use for this.
    The setting remembered, is generally either the last set, or last to log off. Like, when I log in my priest, after my shad, its set to the same as shad, I change priest, then log in my DK, DK has same settings as my priest. Now when I close my DK, and priest client before closing my Shad, next time I log in, to which ever account, my shad's settings are kept, if my shad's client crashes before the other 2 however, the other settings are used upon a relog.
    The fact you already address using different settings for different clients already shoots down your own suggestion, imo anyway.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    6:44 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    If the problem is "all same way" just create multiple folders with maple

6. TrueKebab

TrueKebab Pink Teddy

Jan 13, 2020
    Male
    Galaxy
    Yes because nothing beats having 6 different MapleLegends installation folders.. I mean be my guest, but for the general folk, 1 installation is probably enough, and adjusting pot settings per character isn't that time consuming, hell it pops up the window anyway if you have to equip the pots.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. OP
    OP
    jc123

jc123 Brown Teddy

Jun 21, 2020
    jc43
    Warrior
    Can you elaborate on this? I'm not sure why it shoots down the suggestion.

LeonardoJFLeonardoJF is just providing a counter-example on .ini files being synced to one client. Know that many players on this game have custom settings on clients based on their needs and have multiple config files to do so.
    I understand Maplelegends as an application that only looks for "Legends.ini". It's nice because it gives us(the user) the ability to customize our setup in a way where we can hotswap a multitude of configuration files to do whatever we need.

This is really a quality of life suggestion at it's core. I'm not asking for a whole revamp on anything new. I'm just asking the dev team if it's possible to give exposure to a few fields in the game because I see potential to customize things to a user's liking.
    Maybe you don't see much value in it yourself, but I see 12 users on the original post who look like they do. I ask if you could try to be open minded on the topic.

Can you see any cons on why exposing fields would be bad or hinder your Maplelegends experience? Feel free to write why.

8. TrueKebab

TrueKebab Pink Teddy

Jan 13, 2020
    Male
    Galaxy
    That was in the mindset of using 1 client folder, which I do and prefer, which means if you have the ini file dictate your pot settings, you'd have to change it depending on the character logged in regardless, since I doubt you use the same setting on all characters as you already mentioned having to change it per client. And thus I called it shooting down the suggestion.

To be fair, I've never asked around how many MapleLegends folders people have. I'd personally find it more a hassle to have to identify which client/folder is for which character if there was a pet HP setting involved in this than to make sure my settings are correct before doing what ever content on what ever character.
    If people would use this, fair enough, it would be a nice perk for them, but right now, I don't think the Legends.ini holds any settings that are adjustable in-game to begin with.
    These are settings though, that aren't stored in the actual installation folder. For example, even if you have 2 client folders, pet settings and volume settings are still shared, making me wonder if its even possible to make them folder/client specific. (Mind you though I'm no developer of any kind so surprise me)

I feel like I did that already, I for one, wouldn't want 6 installation folders (each over 2.5GB in size on windows) with the coming hassle of having to remember which folder/client is for which character.
    Like I said though, if people would, fair enough.

9. OP
    OP
    jc123

jc123 Brown Teddy

Jun 21, 2020
    jc43
    Warrior
    upload_2022-4-15_11-9-1.png

This is an example of how it would look. This is what I personally do for remapping Maple to run a few things in different resolution sizes.
    Other people do something similar with batch scripts and have shortcuts to use these scripts to run the client in different ways. This takes a few more kilobytes and it's all in 1 folder.

• Like Like x 2
  10. TrueKebab

TrueKebab Pink Teddy

Jan 13, 2020
    Male
    Galaxy
    Honestly, constantly swapping about which INI file is used upon client boot (which is what I assume you're doing, as the client probably only looks at 'Legends') sounds like much more of a pain in the backside than adjusting HP/MP alert in-game per client.
    But if people would use it, I suppose the option would be nice.

11. 8TEEN

8TEEN Pink Teddy

Apr 28, 2020
    Female
    5:44 AM
    Macbeth, Viona, Torrie, Wilson
    Paladin, Bishop, Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    I mean, there are many things in the official Legends.ini file that we have but we don't necessarily need.
    But it improves our quality of life in the game, wasn't that always the point?

i.e. I don't need a dark chat, but do I want it? -- Personally, yes!!! I love it, and I love the infinite chat log as well.
    But do I need Streamer Mode, especially with a Mr. Daziu*** wild on twitch all the time, always on our asses? (if u know who, u know)
    Heck, I don't even know what the differences of the 3 transitions are till now, even after Kimmy made an announcement for clarity.

My point is, all these functions provide a higher quality of life for the player base on this server, so why not consider new options from OP to improve further?
    As an active gamer that farms and bosses, I'm very particular about the threshold % I set my pots to.

I personally think it's an amazing idea to be able to pre-set my pot % before I launch my client, whenever I reboot my client to change my reso.
    ESPECIALLY IF IM GUNNA BE LATE FOR PB kekw

[​IMG]

12. 8TEEN

8TEEN Pink Teddy

Apr 28, 2020
    Female
    5:44 AM
    Macbeth, Viona, Torrie, Wilson
    Paladin, Bishop, Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    also, on the same point of QOL, when are gingers and ginsengs gunna be stacked to 150???

13. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Bumping this, as I think it has other benefits that go beyond QoL when combined with the somewhat recent berserk rework.

Since staff has introduced the new berserk scaling, a DK player now has a lot of different hp values that they may want to maintain depending on the situation. In ML right now, you can only set your auto hp pot to any value between 0 and 100 that is divisible by 5.
    [​IMG]

For example, say that a DK is hyper zerking at 5%. It would be convenient for them to be able to set their auto hp threshold at 1% so that they could potentially use some kind of HP potion without breaking the hyper zerk damage threshold (which is possible when fighting any monster that deals less than 1200 damage).

The same goes for berserking corsairs.

• Agree Agree x 1