1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Buff Pink Bean EXP

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Gurk, Apr 8, 2022.

1. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    9:19 AM
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    Now I realize exp isn't exactly what motivates most people to go slap the bean but surely PB, the end game boss, can at least still be "rewarding" in the same way that a dry HT run is for those who are still slaves to the pursuit of exp.

At present, for attackers in a 16-man run, statues award a total of about 20m exp and body gives about 42m exp (before any kicking of 200s, if any). That's roughly 60m exp for an 80 minute run. On the other hand, 6-man HT nets about 70-80m exp in about the same timeframe. That is to say, the big bad kawaii boss that can only be done once a week gives about 20% less exp than slapping the dragon. If that wasn't a compelling enough argument for a buff to PB exp, one need only remember that the numbers I'm referencing for PB are for a highly optimized 16-man run when the majority of squads run with closer to 30 people. 24-man runs award a total of about 50m exp, and a 30-man run, with some extrapolation from the previous two figures, likely yields in the ballpark of 45m exp.

While I'm aware that PB body exp was already previously buffed by 240% with the last anniversary patch, I would suggest that the exp figures deserve further tweaking still. In my mind, a highly optimized PB run, i.e. a 16-man run, should at least give about 20% more exp than an optimized 6-man HT run, not 20% less. Therefore, my proposal is that total PB exp should be buffed by about 60%, which would put the exp for a 16-man PB run at just under 100m (and by extension, 80m for a 24-man run and 70m for a 30-man run), which would be about 25% greater than a 6-man HT run.

This could be done by solely boosting body exp (as it was done with the last buff) and increasing it from 120m to ~220m, or by distributing some of the gains to the statues, which currently give a relatively meager amount of exp to the extent that many parties don't even bother getting HS for statue phase, which is something that would only be further accentuated were the former to happen, for better or worse. If going the latter route, body exp could be increased from 120m to ~180m and each statue (for reference, the man statues give 3m exp, the birds give 3.5m exp and ariel gives 20m exp) could also see about a 50% bump.

While ultimately a rather negligible change in the grand scheme of things, it is my hope that putting PB exp more in line with where it should be at relative to its position in end game content will serve to make dry runs not feel quite as awful for non-200 runners given its highly feast-or-famine nature and high consumption of apples, and to also perhaps future-proof it as content worth doing as the value of its goods potentially drop in the distant future.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    5:19 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    [​IMG]

• Great Work Great Work x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    10:19 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
  4. OP
    OP
    Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    9:19 AM
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    Okay, look, for the record I was told that PB would only give 45m exp at most and that I definitely wouldn't level given that I needed 55m. And I probably wouldn't have if you hadn't kicked everyone out of the party!

I was actually contemplating whether or not I should play it safe and skip the HS but I guess I lost the coin toss :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. porl

porl Mixed Golem

May 30, 2020
    Male
    3:19 AM
    Bishop, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    They should buff both the exp & drop rate

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Lucidcat

Lucidcat Mixed Golem

May 14, 2021
    1:19 AM
    Isn't pb mainly for mesos and treasures?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    5:19 PM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon

8. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider