1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Very large wall for new players

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by KevLightning, Apr 8, 2022.

1. KevLightning

KevLightning Mano

Apr 6, 2022
    Male
    8:02 PM
    Beginner
    First of all I want to say my experience playing more than 6 months on this server, it has been a very nice experience for me, balanced vocations, good attention from the gms and a nice community I would love to see this server continue to grow but from my point of view sight there is a very big wall for new players and it is that many maple players when they start tell us that washing hp is optional even in the guides they say it but as you play you realize that it is not, that is to say to be able to enjoy of the game at 100% you have to wash hp yes or yes and in this case for new players there are only two options to play without being able to wash correctly and lose part of the game content or cultivate indefinitely and/or create a magician to be able to leech and win some money faster. We all know that buying mesos with real money is baneable so you can't speed up that process by investing money in someone who wants to sell you the necessary int equipment to launder properly. I have had many friends that I have invited to the game and when I explain to them what the hp wash consists of, they simply stop playing, I don't know if it is on purpose and I don't think it is bad that you have to do the hp wash but they don't give new players options to be able to do it without having to invest a lot of time to be able to do it, not all of us have the time to be able to play 6 - 8 hours a day and make enough mesos to be able to buy equipment with int or to be able to do it yourself and not even to upload a mage to lvl 120+ for leech power. The suggestion that I can give is to raise the rate of mesos from x1 to x2 but I don't know if that breaks the economy of the game and the other option is that if they don't want players to sell mesos they give the option of being able to buy int equipment with money real, but I also don't know if this is a possible solution from the developers' point of view. I want to go back to this great server and start from scratch because I formatted my PC and lost all my old account data, but as the title of the post says, there is too big a wall for new players. I give my opinion with all due respect thanks for reading my post.

sorry if my english is bad im use the google translator

2. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    8:02 AM
    Beginner
    I'd suggest skipping scrolling int gear, u get some from zhelm/pendant already. So, just focus on mp washing. My friend, washing is much more easier now than 2018, when mobs don't drop nx. Even with 400 base int u can grind, just slower... or just spam GPQ for nx and meso!

raising meso rate does not solve the issue anyhow

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Camazotz

Camazotz Pink Teddy

Sep 27, 2020
    Male
    Camazotz, AoKuang, Heimdallr
    Dark Knight, Marksman, Shadower
    Caffeine
    You can wash to 12k hp pretty easily without int gear. I'm about to be there and I had no int until level 70. I think you have an inflated idea of how much HP you need.

Yes, HP washing is stupid and should be addressed, but you most certainly don't need to play 6-8 hours a day, or even close to that, to HP wash effectively.

You could also just play a warrior/bucc/shad/mage and not worry about HP washing at all.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    5:02 PM
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    This would be a huge "buff" to Magician mains that would just buy their items and be "pro" in the game selling leech for in game currency when purchasing INT gear with IRL donations.

The game would fall apart as to 'being overly simple/too easy' to play for them and many Party Quests that revolve around getting one of each job would be difficult for the ones that don't multi-client and/or enjoy or play their own magician.

It does suck that HP/MP washing exists however the NX used is free by just voting for the server, Official MapleStory still has its "HP/MP washing mechanics" it just costs actual real currency to wash unlike how voting provides.

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    KevLightning

KevLightning Mano

Apr 6, 2022
    Male
    Beginner
    I don't think that skipping scrolling int gear is the best solution, keep in mind that to wash you must have spare mp and for that you need int, using your ap points to raise int then wash would mess up your whole game because it would be really impossible to level up alone, you would have to rely on PQ or other people to help you level up and the problem is not with nx because you can get it for free by voting, the problem is being able to get the necessary int equipment to be able to wash correctly

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    KevLightning

KevLightning Mano

Apr 6, 2022
    Male
    Beginner
    I honestly don't think that with 12k hp you can do all the content of the game relatively safely and that you can just play a warrior/bucc/shad and not worry about HP washing at all is totally untrue if you want to enjoy all the content of the game, to give a simple example, I will take as a reference a guide from this same forum of an experienced buccaneer:
    "When I first started playing on this server, there was a common thought that the Buccaneer doesn't need to wash. I'd say this wasn't true then and it definitely isn't now. The truth is that we are sometimes asked to play as close as the warriors/shad (if not more), but we are given a mid-level HP pool without any form of direct damage reduction, we may have iframes and a decent level of avoidability to take hits less often than our brethren melee, but all of that is pointless if you get killed in one hit.

First, some rough HP milestones for high-end bosses (it varies a bit based on defense, but I think these numbers serve as a good upper bound on low defense. Correct me if I'm wrong):
    ~10k HP to touch Zak's body without Hyper Body
    ~12k HP to play Bigfoot without Hyper Body
    ~14k HP to tank Vergamot's third body attacks without Hyper Body
    ~14.5k HP to touch polished HT leg without Hyper Body
    ~15k to stack Toad magic attacks without Hyper Body
    I forgot the value for HT heads, but is it something like 20k for half a head? Less for side heads
    ~19k-20k for Toad touch tank and Nameless claw without Hyper Body
    ~24k to touch Pink Bean"

In the guide he advises several plans for hp washing and the minimum he recommends for a buccaner is 16k hp I quote: this is probably the minimum HP you will need to do all the content currently. This level of HP will allow you to take a hit from Pink Bean with Hyper Body safely. You will definitely always need Hyper Body for Pink Bean, and you will likely die in Nameless and Toad without Hyper Body as well. Aside from bean fighting, you need to pay close attention to your perk bar and hope your DK will remember to constantly buff you up, or you'll likely die, it happens more often than you think. I mean it when I say it's a minimum threshold, and a lot of final buccs are being redone for the 25k-30k options

This is the guide link in case you want to know: https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...eers-field-guide-2021-update-pink-bean.34735/

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    KevLightning

KevLightning Mano

Apr 6, 2022
    Male
    Beginner
    Yeah I think you're right that the game would be easier with donations IRL and I'm not sure this is the ideal solution but as friend Camazotz says this is an issue that needs to be addressed. I just want to help fix this issue that may deter new players from playing on this wonderful server. Giving good ideas maybe we can solve it, if raising the mesos rate to x2 or allowing the buying/selling of mesos or int teams with real money is not the solution, we should look for another one, maybe by nerfing the damage of bosses or increasing the rewards at the end of the game killing the bosses could be a viable solution... I don't know, but my idea is to try to make this server better than it already is and remove that wall that prevents new players from joining this community.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  8. Camazotz

Camazotz Pink Teddy

Sep 27, 2020
    Male
    Caffeine
    Half of these things will never happen (no reason to touch zakum, bigfoot, HT leg).

Also, hyper body is not hard to get, and you only need it for NT and PB, which is really easy to mule in.

It's great that you have numbers but you haven't actually done any of these things. I've had no issues doing any of this content with my 9.5k hp. I use my dark knight for HB at NT and toad but I don't need HB at horntail. I haven't done PB but there's plenty of people doing PB with >12k hp.

• Like Like x 2
  9. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    9:02 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    Let me give my 2 cents
    I begin to play at 19/08, i dont play everyday
    i reached almost lv 170, near 1b mesos i never buyed leech on this char, i begin this char (pala) with 30 int and 23 dex, and now i own 140 int gear,
    in the midle of way, i get leech for my hs mule (double use for int gear),
    ok i know if u no a warrior you will need much more int and nx, but with Double vote, nx drop when farm or card hunting at late lvs will be easy to wash try do the best with events/gachas o/

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    Anyone who says you can realistically grind with 400 int is on crack. Just because it’s possible doesn’t mean it’s actually reasonable for most players. I’d say the “reasonable” limit would be around 200-250, and even then you’ll be hard-stuck at Taipei 101 for way longer than you’d like until you can get carried at Bigfoot/Rav/Pap until 135.

The good news is that after all that suffering, you’re probably good to remove all the base int if you’ve diligently MP washed since level ~50. That much washing will definitely get you through PB.

So while it’s not as impossible as most make it out to be, it’s still pretty bad. Especially if you have no funding which I strongly do not recommend trying if you don’t. It will just make the whole experience feel even worse.

And int gear actually is a huge waste of time for any range class. It’s mostly for people with rich mages to remove some NX requirement. It’s far smarter to just use the money to buy dex/luk gear if you are not planning on leeching.

Source: funded grind int-sair

11. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    play a 18k ranged MM. 300 base int and u still deal bollocks of dmg thru snipe (as compared to other ranged classes while washing)
    And cheap af gears.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    Kiyomasa, kage, miko, zoku, etc
    Dragon Knight, Cleric, Bowman, Bandit
    Perion
    This is definitely a poor result of the "meta" players finally starting their crazy 30k/30k builds. You don't need 30k HP, not even as a Warrior(though it is super easy on them so why not get as close as possible anyways?).

It's a case of new players seeing extremey-memey game players and assuming that's what they need to work towards, when you could go with a much lower number and work your way towards it easily.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    KevLightning

KevLightning Mano

Apr 6, 2022
    Male
    Beginner
    Maybe you are a genius or a prodigy in this game to make HT without HB having a DK with 9.5k of hp taking into account your main ability to increase damage Berserk only works when you are below 40% health at lvl 30 because it is certain that the average of new players will end up dying or maybe your DK is just a mule to throw HB, you say that it is very easy to mule in but you would have to create another character for that purpose and lvl up it enough to be able to withstand those bosses and that requires skill, time and effort, the necessary hp depends on your vocation for example if you are a buccaneer you will not be able to do PB with a single touch you are dead even with hyper body and in HT you will suffer a lot for not to say that it will be almost impossible without mentioning Toad and Nameless you will always need a DK to be able to do the bosses and without DK you will have to be a genius or a prodigy to not make mistakes and die without mentioning that here in Latin America the ping usually goes up sometimes and yes in a boss race you have lag at a certain moment you die 100% for not being able to react in time and it's like the friend of the buccaner guide says that it happens more often than you think and it's totally true, my first character was a warrior I uploaded it at 140+ and I made him a hero and at a certain point I realized that I couldn't compare myself to other heroes who had done wash and i had a great disadvantage compared to them, I died at 120 due to one-touch bigfoot... be honest, washing hp is essential to be able to play comfortably and enjoy the game to the fullest the guide I showed you above is more than enough proof to confirm my reasoning. It's not just my opinion, it's the opinion of many. I don't know why you try to cover the sun with a finger. That attitude just drives away new players who want to start playing on this server. It is true that 30k hp is not needed but it is mandatory to wash even a little and doing it without sacrificing the enjoyment of the game is impossible

14. Camazotz

Camazotz Pink Teddy

Sep 27, 2020
    Male
    Caffeine
    I don't mule my DK in horntail. I just have 9.5k HP and that's plenty. The legs don't kill me. Even if I didn't have enough HP for legs, I could just start at the heads, which isn't a problem cause the legs die within the first 10 minutes anyway.

You have an inflated idea of how much HP you need to play this game.

Also, this is unrelated, but zerk HP threshold is 55%, not 40%.

15. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    Sorry no, I have to disagree on this.
    Making meso from x1 to x2 will only make int gear prices from x1 to x2 in future, absolutely solving nothing.

For new players, its imo the best option.
    It takes at least one year for non-hardcore players to hit lvl 160-170, hence u should have accumulate alot of NX while leveling up. Use the mesos to buy bossing gear and use NX to do MP washing.

I agree, this is why I only recommend playing Hero and Paladins to new players. I don't even recommend Shads or Buccs. All you have to do is add 50 int, level up to 140, and you can get 17k HP. No need to buy any gear, including zakum helmet.

But there is absolutely no need to buy int gear, or add massive amount of int (200+), to wash HP.
    Please read up on MP washing.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. OP
    OP
    KevLightning

KevLightning Mano

Apr 6, 2022
    Male
    Beginner
    Thank you for responding to my post and I think you are right, raising the meso rate is not the best solution

That is precisely the problem, if I want to start playing from scratch, I have to play with a character that I will not be able to wash and spend 1 year (or less depending on the time and knowledge that the person has, but assuming that it is a person who wants to play maple for the first time) playing to be able to accumulate enough mesos and thus be able to create the character that can wash and with which I can fully enjoy the game? That's more than enough to scare away new players.

I totally agree with you except for one thing depending on your vocation if you are going to need some gear with int because otherwise you will have to invest your ap points in int and that could mess up your early game like you said with heros and paladins is very easy to wash but with other vocations that require more mp to be able to wash like pirates or thieves it is more complicated

I apologize again for my bad English, I hope what I am writing is well understood ahahaha :D

17. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    2:02 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    This thread is a prime example of how misinformation about washing has become rampant over the years.
    Camazotz refuted most of the misinformation in this case, but it's so frustrating to see how people apparently still get told the wrong information.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    The only reason why it is not friendly for new players, is because of lack of knowledge, not because of not having INT gear.

No worries, I understand you are using a translator. I try to write in proper English, hopefully it can be translated correctly.

What I am saying here is, even for bowman, and nightlord, you DO NOT need int gear.
    This is where knowledge is very important: Lets do some maths.

The plan here is:
    - Have 140 INT by lvl 50
    - Add MP wash 5 times every level (gains 12 * 5 = 60 mp per level)
    - Level up to lvl 160

No gear, no zhelm, no bathrobe, etc.
    Level 160 bowman with no base INT, no gear, no wash:
    - HP: 3963
    - Can wash: 12 times

160 - 50 = 110 levels
    110 * 60 mp = 6600 more MP
    6600 / 12 = 550 washes
    550+12 = 562 total washes.

562 * 18 = 10116 HP
    10116 + 3963 = 14079 HP

Get T10 ring: 15079 HP

- 0 gear, no zhelm
    - 140 base int at lvl 50, this should not be difficult to hit monsters.
    - You do not buy int gear, you have mesos to buy 8wa glove, scroll xbows.

Is this unrealistic? I don't think I'm being unrealistic here. Vote while you play your range characters, u will have NX after a year to do this.
    Read on MP washing, you clearly lack information

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    I would say the main problem is PB.
    If PB didn't exist, the misinformation will be much more contained to 8-9k being the targeted HP, like the old days, which despite still being misinformed, its more realistic to obtain.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. OP
    OP
    KevLightning

KevLightning Mano

Apr 6, 2022
    Male
    Beginner
    I totally get what you're saying, from what I understand you need to maintain 140 base int from level 50 to 160 to get 14079 HP (correct me if I'm wrong please), but adding 140 to the base int won't lose much damage and will make solo leveling more tedious? I tried that with a pirate character raising the base int without having any equipment with int and in the PQs i was practically useless it had no damage and the solo leveling was really tedious the only way was to depend on others to be able to level up in PQ or Pay leech to be able to level up fast, which I didn't have due to lack of mesos. Like I said at the beginning, I understand what you're saying, but wouldn't that tactic ruin the gaming experience? For me it would definitely ruin the gaming experience.

I can understand that some refuse for different reasons but this is a reality, I don't think that increasing the mesos rate is a solution and although the payment/sale of mesos in real money could be a solution I don't think that the developers want to do that and the boss damage nerf doesn't seem like a good solution either

After thinking for a while I came up with a possible solution that in my opinion would be the best and it would be to slight nerf the HP washing and how would this be possible? Easy, the idea of washing hp is to be able to have more HP by sacrificing the remaining MP thanks to the extra Mp you get for having more Int, but this would be less necessary if the rate of hp gained per level was higher for example if a fighter gained 50 - 55 hp per level at lvl 200, you get 11k hp more or less, but if you increase the rate of hp gained to 60 - 65, for example, instead of 11k hp at lvl 200, you will get 13k hp, this might nerf a bit the amount of washing you would need, I think that the amount of mp lost by washing should also be increased so that it is not abused when gaining more hp with this method, of course this is just a suggestion and the idea is to make the game more accessible to new players as I honestly don't see it feasible to have a base 140 int for 110 levels where your damage will obviously decrease by a lot extent and obviously it would ruin your gaming experience