1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Very large wall for new players

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by KevLightning, Apr 8, 2022.

1. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    10:28 PM
    Beginner
    Sure having those hp thresholds are nice and there's a reason why HP washing isn't further made easier. Alternatively, apart from washing to high values, you can git gud skills wise, at least that's imo fun and exciting rather than being thicc and not watching for mechanics of bosses. Seems to me you're pushing too much for "tank everything" meta. Dying isn't the end of everything, not a deal breaker except for some PB run organizers.

2. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    7:28 AM
    Kiyomasa, kage, miko, zoku, etc
    Dragon Knight, Cleric, Bowman, Bandit
    Perion
    I did the math. At one month of daily voting, you gain 165k. At six month you're already at 1m. At one year, 2m.

This isn't including vote bonus from events and consistent voting.

If you're playing for 6 months you should be at a level where you can see things paying off.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    4:28 PM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    It really comes down to how fast you feel like you should be progressing. If you feel that leveling with 140 base int is slow just remember that this server is 2x exp and has a lot of good training spots that the official server didn't offer depending on your region. Grinding 100-120 at CDs with 400 int was faster for me than I could ever hope to grind 100-120 at himes in gms.

And yea like people mentioned before you don't need all that much hp (though it definetly makes things easier) and the people washing to very high amounts will probably do it more to flex or just because they can than anything else.

HB will always be relevant unless you're aiming for the most efficient setups (which not many people get to do anyway). Depending on your job and goals 9-10k hp is very obtainable and should be able to get you through all content.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    Self-promotion here. I did a challenge on to make a paladin with 50 base iny at lvl 50, less than 10 base int before lvl 40
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...nal-low-nx-lightly-washed-white-knight.39919/

Wanna hear something funny? I do very little damage during my entire LPQ, and is unable to contribute damage.

Why? Its not because of stats. Everyone just have better gears - weapon attack gloves, weapon with 60% scrolls on it, overalls with dex/str/luk (i did not scroll overall until after lpq) This is uncommon in GMS for players before 3rd job.

do yourself a favor and scroll some equips for cheap. luk OA scroll is cheap. dex OA, you can buy 100% scroll from NPC at 35k each. use an owl and buy 60 or 70% weapon scroll probably only 20k-50k each. weapon glove 6wa is only around 500k. use the FM and you do not need to worry about 140 base int.

and once yr lvl 70-90, 140 int and 0 int have very little difference in your solo leveling

5. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    4:28 PM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Just search on my profile for posts relative to washing, you'll find all the info you'll ever need.
    Heck, we should need a post that is pinned on top of the forum.

possible pinned topic :
    "Explanation of how HP Washing and HP Requirements documented [READ THIS FIRST]"

anyway read here :
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...washing-to-be-optional-on-maplelegends.26370/

Then read a guide on how to hp wash and you can see that most classes can easily mp wash + hp wash from lvl 70 to 150 with enough base INT (at least +20INT more than the min INT for the class when you have to AP reset it back to STATS)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    I would argue pinning this guide instead:
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...ll-every-boss-on-your-ranged-character.39844/

Then link them to this if they wanna learn the details of washing:
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...washing-to-be-optional-on-maplelegends.26370/

Just my two cents. Not a good idea to bombart new players with the math of washing unles they ask for it

7. OP
    OP
    KevLightning

KevLightning Mano

Apr 6, 2022
    Male
    10:28 AM
    Beginner
    Thanks, I'll give it a try, anyway the idea I gave is good, it's up to the developers if they want to implement it or not.

8. OP
    OP
    KevLightning

KevLightning Mano

Apr 6, 2022
    Male
    10:28 AM
    Beginner
    Adding 1000 more base hp to the bowmaster at lvl 200 won't make them "tank" and it seems you didn't understand the hp wash nerf, it's really about making it harder to wash hp so you can't get the most hp by washing hp, but that is compensated with a higher base hp scale, anyway my idea is not a requirement it is a simple suggestion

9. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    I don't think its good. It takes less NX to wash, which will make HP washing too fast.

• Agree Agree x 2