1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Thank you MapleLegends' staff!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ooShawnyoo, Apr 9, 2022.

1. ooShawnyoo

ooShawnyoo Dark Stone Golem

Sep 17, 2021
    Male
    Montreal
    9:35 PM
    Frenzied
    I wanted to take a moment to give appreciation for all the hard work that the staff does for us, the community of MapleLegends.

Truly, from the bottom of my heart, I want to thank you for all the countless hours you put in into making this server a wonderful and fun world to escape into. Many of us have busy, sometimes difficult lives, school and work that can cause a lot of stress, not to mention the pandemic and other issues that arise that can make us feel down. But when we get home after a big day, when we have some free time to relax and enjoy ourselves, we have this server that is there to cheer us up. We can talk to our friends, we can take a moment to just chill and enjoy a game we have grown to love and cherish so much over the years.

If you guys weren't there, if you guys had not poured your soul into this project, we wouldn't have been able to live those fun moments together with you. So many of us have met great friends, even built relationships thanks to this server. You try your very best so that the game is fair and is fun for everyone. Obviously, it is not perfect, but that does not undermine all the effort you put in to manage the community, to code, to monitor any wrongdoing, to engage with the community and to make sure everything is working properly. Sometimes the server can require an unscheduled maintenance, and you guys are always there to take care of the problem rapidly.

Sometimes we are also very difficult towards you. We forget that you are basically volunteering to keep this server up. We forget that you guys also have lives, your own personal problems to deal with. We are sometimes impatient, ungrateful, whiny, mean, and unreasonable towards you. And for that I deeply apologize. You always try to deal with us the best you can, you take the time to read threads, respond to them, and help players enjoy the game. You are all so kind to dedicate your time and energy for us.

You might think that your role in the staff is not that important, or not impactful. Perhaps you have joined the team for just a short while and feel like you don't contribute that much to the server. Or perhaps you feel like you have been working towards this server for a very long time now, and sometimes wonder if all those efforts and sacrifices are worth it. In any case, everything that you have done, do, and will do, whether big or small, has brought happiness to thousands of people. A small toe is a tiny part of the human body, and it may not seem like it accomplishes much. But we can all agree that if we suddenly lost one of our little toes, we would notice immediately, and it would be obvious to us that we indeed needed that small little toe. It is the same for your team. No matter how small you may think your role is, if you weren't there, things would not be the same, and everyone would notice immediately.

That is not to say that working towards this server doesn't bring you joy, that you are not having fun and that you are not enjoying yourselves. You guys are positive and enthusiastic and it shows. But if there comes a time where you are feeling a bit down, a little tired, or wondering if all that work is worth it, please remember that we love you guys and appreciate you so much. We all need encouragement sometimes, and showing appreciation towards people that work hard for us is important.

So again, thank you for all your hard work and your passion in this game. Perhaps I was feeling a bit more emotional today and felt the need to make this post, but I do think it can do some good for everyone, and I hope if anyone wants to share what the MapleLegends staff means to them, that they will do so in the replies. You guys are great and you deserve the same kindness and happiness that you have given us over the years.

THANK YOU!

Your friend,

Sean

• Friendly Friendly x 17
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    6:35 PM
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    This somewhat contradicts a bit of what I see in some threads and it does discourage me to see things, thus not wanting to post or react to certain posts.

But yeah staff do a great job, most of what I've seen are a bit antagonistic and toxicity doesn't get removed but in game they do a great job in what they do.

In forums when things get deleted or when you report a post explaining the reason for the report in most of my cases it gets ignored or if something happens theres no notification(s) indicating what the result(s) were, very rarely I've received a notification stating a reason or just get both ghosted the post still being there and nothing was resolved to the point I just end up clicking their profile and clicking ignore just to not see any of their toxicity spew, and yes the person could sometimes contribute by posting without being toxic so I'd click that 'show ignored messages' button and mind blowing since obviously nothing about their posts changed.

But yes, I agree with you staff do a great job in game.

3. OP
    OP
    ooShawnyoo

Sep 17, 2021
    Male
    Montreal
    Frenzied
    I get you. Things can always get improved of course, and unfortunately eliminating 100% of all toxicity is simply impossible. That being said, we do have some tools we can use to remove some as you have mentioned.

But at the end of the day in my opinion, I know the staff works hard to make this a good server, and can sometimes get pretty overwhelming when having to deal with so many things at the same time.

The more we encourage them and make it fun for them, the better it is for everyone. I'm so proud of them for the fact that they never gave up, even when the server was so small a few years ago. Kimberly and the rest of the team went through more than we could ever imagine I'm sure.

4. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    3:35 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    Thanks to Nightz777Nightz777 for singlehandedly curing the server of rwt :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    3:35 AM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    I know it's a joke but still do want to point out that everything is a team effort and I'm absolutely not the only one actively fighting RWT

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Oolong

Oolong Dark Stone Golem Retired Staff

Jul 23, 2019
    Female
    8:35 PM
    xoJoolie
    Bowman
    Perion
    IDK MAN YOUVE BEEN DOING A HELL OF A DAMN GOOD JOB SINCE YOU JOINED SON FoxShy

that said I’m sure all staff, especially me hello I’m crying and it’s not even noon yet, really appreciate your message!!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  7. OP
    OP
    ooShawnyoo

Sep 17, 2021
    Male
    Montreal
    Frenzied
    As long as they are happy tears ^_^ <3

• Friendly Friendly x 1