1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Monster Book - Allow users to hunt specific items

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kmac, Apr 7, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Kmac

Kmac King Slime

Jan 15, 2021
    Male
    10:39 AM
    DPSmoira
    Beginner
    The Monster Book is nice but lacks any real use case other than being a stamp collector (unless there is functionality I’m not aware of).

It’s cool that we can see what items monsters drop once reaching 5/5 cards, but people can easily check the ML Library for drop tables so it’s not much use.

Idea: upon completing 5/5 on a monster set and unlocking their drop table in the monster book, allow users to select items to “hunt” from that specific mob. My original thought was select up to 3 items per mob, but even 1 would be nice.

If an item you are hunting for drops from that mob, either a chat notification pops up saying one dropped, or maybe make it shine like a gach ticket.

Why it could be helpful:

For those occasions you’re grinding but not 100% focused on the game itself. Maybe you’ve got a show running on the side, or snacking, chatting with friends etc. whatever the reason. And if you’re killing mobs with ultimates, it can be easy to miss a drop if you’re not focused or looting everything immediately. Also, this would give some legitimate functionality to the monster book.

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    10:39 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    is it juz a notification? or will all drops from the selected mob be locked to whay u have selected

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. lord kniizer

lord kniizer Slime

Mar 21, 2020
    11:39 AM
    I/L Arch Mage
    Feijoada
    I think hes just want a notification when the disired item drops, i dont see any prob, and will alow u ignore certain scrolls "when the mob drops more than 1 type of the same its exemple 1 cape for def and cape for int"

• Like Like x 5
  4. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    7:39 AM
    Kiyomasa, kage, miko, zoku, etc
    Dragon Knight, Cleric, Bowman, Bandit
    Perion
    Ah so like how vote cash tickets get notified? I could see the QoL value in that, I really like it.

I'd wonder how the UI for that would be made, though.

• Like Like x 2
  5. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    This would be really cool.

maybe something easier to code would be another version of Pet Item?
    • Similar to No Pick up, you can have it be item locator instead?
    • So that your pet says something whenever it sees your selected item drop

• Creative Creative x 2
  6. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    Oh boy, do I have some good news for you!

There's a great ring that gets stronger and gives more stats, HP, and MP as you collect more monster book sets.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    Kiyomasa, kage, miko, zoku, etc
    Dragon Knight, Cleric, Bowman, Bandit
    Perion
    I think OP was referring to the usefulness of the card system itself, not the benefits a ring gives due to collecting said cards.

I do find its value as an in-game monster manual to be pretty nifty. Maybe outdated because the internet has all the answers these days(also the Library exists), but I always value the option of being able to look at a card you've completed and read its stats and drop table.

But I kinda get OP's point, most people end up just ignoring the card system, even after collecting a ton of cards.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    3:39 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    Sometimes y'all truly sound like you think you're making suggestions to a team of developers that actually have access to the game in ways that game devs do :^)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Kmac

Kmac King Slime

Jan 15, 2021
    Male
    DPSmoira
    Beginner
    I lack any knowledge on what is possible for the dev team to do with the client. All I can do is make suggestion threads on the forum and hope someone with more technical knowledge can determine if the idea is possible or not. Your needless condescending comments bring nothing to the table here.

10. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    Since there's these 2 pet equip items available, it maybe easier to code...

But not sure if it'd be possible. Most likely that's up to our hardworking Staffs' Decision :heartbeat:

A combo of these 2 pet equips' coding, but modified:

upload_2022-4-10_12-13-17.png upload_2022-4-10_12-13-51.png

So it'd probably be a Pet Equip called Item Finder:
    • Select the Item that you want your pet to notice when it Drops
    • Pet will notify you with their Msg Bubble (similar to messages that pops up when you feed it or give it commands)

This would probably take a few hours to code, and maybe a few more hours for testing and verification of any potential issues that could pop up in-game.
    (I'm just guessing LOL)

• Creative Creative x 2
  11. OP
    OP
    Kmac

Kmac King Slime

Jan 15, 2021
    Male
    DPSmoira
    Beginner
    Super creative, love the idea! The suggestion seems to have gotten mostly positive feedback, would be cool to see how it could be implemented, if it is possible.

My original thought was related to how chat notifications pop up when someone opens a coin pouch in a boss zone. Have a notification pop up if an item you’ve selected to hunt in the monster book drops.

• Like Like x 2