1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Imagine eating breakfast to your own death

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dadada15, Apr 11, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Dadada15

Dadada15 Slime

Jun 7, 2017
    Male
    Taiwan
    4:55 PM
    Mikodan
    Bishop
    TryTryKan
    Okay, so I was resting myself on the rope in GS2 (leeching my own characters) because I needed to eat my breakfast (Japanese curry rice and coffee, a weird combination I know). Obviously, I can't touch my keyboard immediately when I saw someone moving around the room suspiciously (hygiene is important amirite). Now, I could've gone into FM before I AFK to ensure nothing bad would happen, but it would only take me a few minutes to eat my food so I didn't think that anything bad would happen during that short period of time.

Then they started blasting away with arrow rain which resulted in me getting knocked off the rope by Slimy and slowly mopped to death one by one (except my main because a bishop's got some dignity). Now, of course, I had to do something to punish this little murderer for getting blood on their hands (maybe belittling them), so I relocated myself to the stairs and started to type, but just before I could even finish one sentence, that sneaky little bastard had already started running away and got out of the room before I hit enter.

Fortunately, I am a bishop so I can just resurrect myself but I can't bring the lost exp and consequently my lost time back. Now, I had a lot of time to contemplate what just happened, which made me realize something very shocking. If you didn't know, arrow rain is a ranger skill, which you can only use after 70. What business could a ranger possibly have in GS2? You obviously don't train there anymore, and Slimy isn't on the raffle mob list. This only leaves one possibility which is the white essence quest, which does involve killing 100 Slimy.

Now, one can do the same thing by entering the secret dungeon that contains Slimy, or just changing the channel. Maybe they didn't want to spend the extra effort, though? That is fine, and I have also thought that maybe that person didn't know Slimy can knock people off the rope. But why did they have to run away without saying a word, and only run away after they saw me moved? I spent a few seconds looking at myself floating in terror and cleaning my fingers before relocating myself to the stairs, they were still blasting away with arrow rain while I wiped my fingers, and they immediately rushed out of the room after I jumped up on the stairs and started typing like EJFOAPWMGOPTEAGPOFEWMFOF

I would've stayed and said sorry. I hope whoever did this can live on without guilt in their heart knowing that they committed a hit & run and got blood on their hands.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Lin

Lin Headless Horseman

Feb 27, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    Linny,BangHero,Carbide
    Paladin
    Bonk
    Some folks have the habit of immediately attacking when entering a map, i don't like it either MapleF10

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    1:55 AM
    Kiyomasa, kage, miko, zoku, etc
    Dragon Knight, Cleric, Bowman, Bandit
    Perion
    I had someone who came in as I was attacking mobs and shouted, "Oh come on, I was here first and you know it! We raced to get in here. CC or I'm calling the GMs."

I had been in there for over an hour. Idk what their plan was but it was kind of funny to see someone try that, like what did you expect?

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    9:55 AM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Mistakes happen, griefing happens too OnionWhatever

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    It was kind of difficult to read the bottom part of text being I'm using dark mode but there a raffle where people would need to kill Capt. Latanica and the prequest is killing 120 Slimy and 120 or something of another monster and getting 300 Red Essense from Mr.Anchor to get White Essense to fight the boss. They might not have known that in MapleLegends they changed the aggro of the monsters in GS so that people couldn't afk train there, but killing off your character is considered grieving and you're able to report them for it.

Anyways Japanese curry sounds good right now, I'll have some today as well, be safe out there irl or in game.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    5:55 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    when it happen u should check if others cc is free, if happen to me enter in a map and have free cc i just leave to not kill anyone (like in 7f), but if dont have others cc dont have anything to do,

btw, if have others cc people possible did it with bad intention

• Like Like x 1
  7. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Dadada15

Dadada15 Slime

Jun 7, 2017
    Male
    Taiwan
    Mikodan
    Bishop
    TryTryKan
    Yeah I pointed the prequest part out, btw now it’s just 100 of three mobs now, you don’t need to collect items anymore, QoL change for the win

• Like Like x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Dadada15

Dadada15 Slime

Jun 7, 2017
    Male
    Taiwan
    Mikodan
    Bishop
    TryTryKan
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Dadada15

Dadada15 Slime

Jun 7, 2017
    Male
    Taiwan
    Mikodan
    Bishop
    TryTryKan
    Either a troll or they didn’t know @mapowner is a thing tsktsktsk

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. MarcC

MarcC Pink Teddy

May 29, 2019
    Male
    3:55 AM
    riffie
    Paladin, Bishop, Corsair
    Spirit
    Hello, I just wanted to say that the person who did that was me. To offer another side to your story, the first thing I checked before I went to kill the Pac Pinkys was @mapowner. I saw that the map wasnt taken so I assumed you were afk and started attacking the mobs. I genuinely didn't know that they can knock you off the rope lol and assumed that since u chose to afk there, it must be safe. Immediately, I said sorry when I saw your characters get knocked off and die one by one, but you were still afk. I killed 100 Pac Pinkys for the quest and went back to town afterwards without seeing you say anything. Perhaps if you had scrolled up, you would've seen me say sorry and explain that I didnt know that it wasnt a safe spot. But also then again I do remember seeing my chatbox flooded with smegas.

When i was in town, i turned in my quest and came back to go to gs2 to do the next part of the quest, but before I went into gs2, i passed by gs1 and u were like "other maps are free why did you take this one" and i said that it was free and didnt know that it was a safe spot and that its not my fault that you were afking and i didnt know. This time i didnt apologize because I had done so like 8 minutes before. You werent saying anything. I thought you went back to afk again so I moved on to the next map lol before you were able to deliver your supposed speech.

With that being said, there should be a safe in the map for afking. Specifically, a platform that you can rest at without being able to kill mobs.

• Great Work Great Work x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    Perion
    I think that's what the rope is meant for. Unfortunately it puts people at risk anyways; if you die you lose mapowner and if you're afk while mapowner just to use the restroom, it's easy for someone to hit mobs and funnel them to the afk spots, where they can die, lose mapowner, and lose their spot.

In general, though, even if I could take map ownership, I try other channels first since it's not something I want to do to someone else(kill em because they went to get a cup of noodles or something). If every channel happens to be full I'll come back and yoink it, but at least then I know I exhausted most/all options.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Kyshies

Kyshies Slimy

Mar 13, 2020
    9:55 AM
    Elliy
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hey at least they didn't teabag your tombstone, so there's that.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    4:55 AM
    iPippy
    Imagine expecting people to play around you while afk on a map without mapowner.

• Agree Agree x 12
  15. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    Overall.... if there's no guaranteed safe spot on a particular map, best to go to FM when you AFK.

If you're afraid to lose map, then it's best to lose the map than to AFK only to lose @ mapowner and or die.
    • Dying = lose exp/safety charm
    • Lose Mapownership = CC and find another map
    If you die while AFK in a map and lose @ mapowner ...then that's just how it is, sadly (can't blame anyone tbh)
    • can only Report people for map stealing/grieving if:
      • if you have @ mapowner
      • if they constantly mess with you or follow you around for many many Map/Channels
    Also... if you lose @ mapowner, and someone else is killing in the map, then that means that you need to CC. It's their map now.

Also... it's allowed for people to AFK or wait on your map, and wait for you to die/CC as long as they don't hit anything.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    Sorry for hijacking but, if GS2 is getting a safe spot for mules, I would request 7F to have one as well

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    I strongly recommend using the GS2 mini dungeon to avoid this situation.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Azuzu

Azuzu Mano

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    I think we've all had similar experiences...

I was getting leeched by a friend @ CD's. Had someone come in and start attack the mobs near the top. I was "AFK", but working so I was still at my desk.
    I saw him hit a few mobs, then walk on top of my character. I had a really attentive leecher, and he said "Do you mind?"

I also replied and said "fk off please :)"

The griefer stopped to say "fk you I wasn't doing anything stop overreacting" and then proceeds to cc.

Fast forward a couple of days and I see the griefer in FM and he denies everything LOL.
    He ended up admitting to it after I provided a very detailed account of what happened.

These type of people are only sorry when they get caught. :brownpoop: :confused:

• Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    Perion
    Oh in my experience they never admit they're wrong. In fact, most often times they insist they were right and I'm a horrible person and what's wrong with MapleLegends/Society/I should have been aborted.

I mean it's really telling how far strangers will go to prove they weren't at fault. Like I don't care if they're wrong but now they seem to care more than anything lol

Though I get that more at work than anything.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. OP
    OP
    Dadada15

Dadada15 Slime

Jun 7, 2017
    Male
    Taiwan
    Mikodan
    Bishop
    TryTryKan
    Hello, and thank you for seeing this thread and replying! I must say that I really appreciate it, and I agree with what you’ve said. I was sad about losing exp and the person who caused this gone away before I even had a chance to confront, but now that you are here and clarified things up, I can understand now and I also want to apologize if I offended you in anyway.

• Friendly Friendly x 2