1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Add HP multiplier buff to HT/PB

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by imshyxd, Apr 9, 2022.

1. imshyxd

imshyxd Red Snail

Apr 9, 2022
    12:10 PM
    Ugh, another post about hp washing. its almost as if the whole game revolves around it. (it does).

Background:

-HP washing was a "bug" in Global maplestory that allowed players to increase their hp through the means of AP resets.
    • Now, some players will use this as an excuse to defend their claim that they want to keep maplestory nostalgic. However, was it really? if you think back to your childhood, did you really remember using your parents credit card to "HP wash"? Im pretty positive that 98% of you guys have NOT ever hp washed or even knew about it. Therefore sure, it is nostalgic to the orginal v62 game, but not at all nostalgic to the players themselves.
    • GMS evolved (aka kept patching) learning from their flaws of bosses requiring an absurd amount of hp that the majority of the player base did not have access to. Therefore, eliminated the need to hp wash. PLAYERS NOT HAVING ENOUGH HP TO BOSS AT THE RESPECTIVE BOSSING LEVEL WAS A FLAW.

-So many excuses. enough with the bs, and lets be real.
    WITHOUT HP WASHING NO ONE WOULD VOTE. That's the real reason. not, we want to keep it nostalgic. and NO. it is not optional.
    • Now, at this point you all may be thinking "damn this guy really hates hp washing" well quite the contradictory. although a huge inconvenience, hp washing gives players who go through he trouble to be rewarded for their effort. No one should take that effort away from them.
    • Whether or not you agree or disagree with this whole hp washing system, it is deterring new players from staying with ML. we need to fix this. seems like day after day theres a post about this. it should be a huge priority right now to help keep the influx of new players.

-My Solution:
    • Entering a boss should buff the player with an additional (number)x multiplier to their hp.
    • Kind of like HT boss buff.
    • This multiplier should be calculated using the lowest number hp an unwashed class at the level required to gain exp. (ie. hp at lvl135 for zak, or hp at lvl155 for HT).
    • Using nise's guide, for example: HT requires 6.2k hp. The hp buff multiplier should be a multiplier that buffs a UNWASHED ranged class HP at level 155 to 6.2k.

PROS:

• its temporary. so once the buff runs out, outside of bossing, you're back to your normal hp. Area bosses are unaffected.
    • literally solves hp washing
    • should be easy to implement, and easy to modify if required
    • HP WASHING AND MP WASHING are still highly recommended to reduce risk of dyeing.
    • As the multiplyer only takes the player to the minimum required HP, mechanics still must be learned
    • still need to get into +-5 level range for the buff to actually work.
    • OLD and NEW players are happy.
    • people would still vote. the buff is temporary, and only takes player into minimum required hp. chance of death still high.
    • rewards both types of players. those who learn mechanics and master it, and those who hp wash and ignore mechanics and hold one button :)
    • more new players would join as HP washing is ACTAULLY OPTIONAL FOR REAL.
    • influx of new players = more influx of materials/scrolls/ws/gatch/ helping decrease the demand. Up the inflow, decrease the inflation.
    EDIT: this isnt general discussion. this is the suggestions section. enough with the irrelevant blame game and talk about an actual solution than go in circles where half the community is divided. you are not contributing to anything.

Please read the whole post BEFORE you post. if you dont undertand it, ask questions rather than throw a rain drop into the ocean. (its useless).

i cant believe i have to say all this. grow up and stop the whose right and whose wrong. i brought up a suggestion i believe would be beneficial to both sides of the hp washing spectrum. If you disagree, explain why, rather than say me right me no.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Lucidcat

Lucidcat Mixed Golem

May 14, 2021
    4:10 AM
    Before big bang servers proved big bang is necessary.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    4:10 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    I knew about hp wash since 2007/08, when 2x exp/drop released i Discovered original server = p2w, here in legends apr is free, so, no reason to not do it

4. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    Btw, i agree we can have some usefull things like a bit more hp/mp on job adv, and lots of things i had cited on many other post, but, since we not have lets wash since its free

5. OP
    OP
    imshyxd

imshyxd Red Snail

Apr 9, 2022
    sorry im not understanding what you're saying, nor do i think you understand what I was saying. :)

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  6. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    Kiyomasa, kage, miko, zoku, etc
    Dragon Knight, Cleric, Bowman, Bandit
    Perion
    I really doubt that Wizet or Neckson didn't forsee the side effects of high damage on players whose HP would not be viable even ar level 200.

It was very much planned and then kept hush hush about it all. Players would figure things out and then would spend in average like 350ap resets(comes out to nearly $1100 USD as, unless a sale was going on, the exchange was 1:1000 usd:nx) to hit the numbers they needed, and then another 250+($775+) to get all that int out once they figured that out.

Neckson wasn't stupid, they knew exactly what they were doing and got away with it because it was a "new" thing unrecognized until the big lootbox controversy.

7. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    I don't think it was intentional at all and I think that if anything, they intended for ranged classes to either pump HP or shell out $$$ for Wheel of Destiny.

8. OP
    OP
    imshyxd

imshyxd Red Snail

Apr 9, 2022
    im not sure why, but seems like people are more focused on the history of hp washing than the suggestion itself. are there any constructive criticism or agreement on the actual solution i suggested? i provided the history as a background to understand why my suggestion would be viable. but it seems like people are more interested in starting useless arguments than talk about the suggestion i brought up on [THE SUGGESTIONS SECTION]. This isnt general discussion. literally the last 5 posts have no irrelevance, and just hard justifications to support a blame game. stop trying to turn my SUGGESTION thread into a useless "duh me right duh me wrong". if you want to contribute, talk about the suggestion.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Mageor

Mageor Mr. Anchor

Nov 11, 2020
    Male
    Mageor,rawrsaur
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Asylum
    I feel the suggestion is fine, but I like to approach HP washing from a cost benefit approach from the business perspective.

A few questions comes to mind:
    1. How much time will it take to develop this feature?
    2. How many additional players will this attract?
    3. Does this truly eliminate HP washing for the "casual" player base?
    4. How satisfied will people be with this change?
    Sometimes, it's not just the idea that needs to be explored but also the effectiveness of the idea. Look forward to seeing more discussion~

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    Perion
    Honestly I can dig it. I think it should be more of minimum HP baseline, though.

In FFXIV there's a term called "levelsync" which syncs both your level and item level(think tiered stats, whatever is meant for that instance will be set to that instance, even if the item is above, and sometimes below, the recommended ilevel).

Similarly, major bosses like Pink Bean and HT could have a bare minimum HP threshold boost.

Let's say for argumentation that it was catered to each role type. Ranged DPS get 12.5k, melee DPS and tanks get 15k, but Shadowers get 9.5-10k, and Mages get 6-8k.

If your total HP before buffs is less than that threshold, it is bumped up to, but won't exceed, that threshold.

If your total HP before buffs is higher than that threshold, your HP remains unchanged.

This would reward players who spent time to get to their target HP, while classes who have yet to reach or don't care to reach will already be playing a harder mode, and won't gain any benefits, even if they, say, unequip all their HP gear, get the bonus, and then attempt to cheese some extra HP by equipping everything again. It just stays at the intended HP and will only be boosted by Hyper Body.

Or we could remove Hyper Body from the equation and make it so that the max damage that particular boss will deal will always set the player being synced up to survive with 1 HP.

11. OP
    OP
    imshyxd

imshyxd Red Snail

Apr 9, 2022

good points. i cant really say for everyone, but i feel like for the casual playerbase. it will.
    1. really cant say, but cant we just modify a special HB buff incorporated into the HT buff that gives x bonus hp?

2. well i believe for most casuals, just the understanding that "hey, i really dont need to start over cause i didnt put any int" sounds promising.

3.a temporary buff increasing hp to the minum requirement by said level, plus a little bit of extra washing which any casual player can do, should be more than enough to support a healthy balance between learning the mechanics and having enough hp to survive.

4. in my option, we're probably adhering to the casual side a lot more than the middle or the late game of the pack. so casuals knowing that ht is really optional, should bring in more players to runs thus bringing in more materials (mastery books, pendants etc etc) helping the economy a bit. if you want to be competitive, there is still an option to thoroughly hp wash which most less than 12 man runs require, decreases death, more wiggle room for error, helps reduce pot cost, etc etc. so i think that there is still a HUGE BENEFIT of hp washing that would benefit a player if they choose to do so. but it would also give casuals a chance to even participate.

let me know your thoughts

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    imshyxd

imshyxd Red Snail

Apr 9, 2022
    ooo i really like this idea! the hp buff being a buff (temporary) + a threshold you need to meet sounds like it might satisfy both parties! im just worried about the coding, but REALLY. REALLY. good idea imo

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sarina

Sarina Brown Teddy

Feb 28, 2018
    Female
    3:10 PM
    Sarina
    They invented Hyper body for a reason. and as far as nostalgic gameplay, players preferred the old school way of doing things as a party instead of dumping thousands of dollars on cubes to make ONE character godly to solo all content and bosses by themselves. and that's what Mapleglobal has turned into today and believe me nobody likes the current Maplestory and that's why everyone plays on private servers such as Maplelegends.

During the Mapleglobal 0.62 days, nobody even cared about HP washing. everyone was more concerned about defending their maps because KS wars was such a big thing back then especially on Scania.

• Like Like x 2
  14. lord kniizer

lord kniizer Slime

Mar 21, 2020
    I/L Arch Mage
    Feijoada
    I think this mechanic to try to "cheat" the buff isnt hard to solve cuz, when u washing, HB or any HP or Mana gear do not affects as many washes u can do. IMO its just try to do the same thing here, just get the player base stats "like a table" must exist a table with all chars basics stats somewhere xD
    (edit)
    should not be that hard ....

15. OP
    OP
    imshyxd

imshyxd Red Snail

Apr 9, 2022
    ok great history as to the original game. unfortunately this is a private server with additional features such as pb which does in fact require hp washing. I am once again asking for suggestions or improvements to the suggestion i suggested above. i am once again asking for this kind of conversation to be discussed in the general discussion. im not here to talk about the history of the game, and argue about the mini facts of original maplestory. the fact of the matter is that hp washing is a thing in maplelegends that at least half of the population has a problem with, and im trying to think of a solution that helps both sides of the playerbase. NOT argue about mirco historical facts.

i really dont understand why people need to keep bringing in their personal stance on hp washing, or trying to micro correct everything that happened in mapleglobal. we're going in circles. lets stop talking about this for gods sakes, and actaully talk about a solution. thank you.

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. Kirep

Kirep Mano

Mar 19, 2019
    Male
    3:10 PM
    Porosk
    I always thought that a way to fix the hp problem would be to just add a consumable that increase % hp that also stacks with hyperbody. Maybe just make it drop from apq or something. Or some kind of daily quest reward? I think maybe 40% for the consumable but maybe you can have multiple consumables with different %'s. 40% would allow a 100% increase in hp if stacked with hyperbody which should pretty much make it so very little washing is needed(if you have the consumable and hyperbody).

• Like Like x 3
  17. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    Perion
    Honestly when I was thinking about HB specifically, I was pondering two concepts.

The first was assuming someone in the party would have HB.

The second was thinking, "Well what if a party didn't have HB?" Theoretically it's possible, though highly unlikely.

I'd lean more towards requiring HB as it would balance out the "free entry" that practically every player would have, if something like this were included.

And yeah the "Boss Buff" in question would only set people below the TotalHP line to that predetermined balance level. If you're already above that HP line, your HP is unaffected because you put in the extra effort to hit your own HP goal.

I was mostly thinking of Pink Bean when I wrote it so the numbers were quite high. But it would be unique based on the boss in question.
    • F would represent the HP threshold to beat, else your HP is raised to that level(never lowered)
    • Ranged DPS: F=[highest damaging boss ability]+1
    • Mages: F=([highest damaging boss ability]/70%(or reduced by 70%))+100
    • Buccaneers and Tanks: F=[whichever highest:touch damage or ability damage]+10%(or increased by 10%)
    • Shadowers: F=([whichever highest:touch damage or ability damage]/2)+10%(or increased by 10%)
    Horntail would be different from Dunas would be different from Zakum would be different from Scargalion(Targa&Scarlion sorry I like to amalgamate names), and so on and so forth.

It would really only make Ranged DPS have a more difficult time, as they are the deciding factor in how long a boss run would take, but it would allow anyone to theoretically get to end game. Prospective end gamers would just have to actually get their butts moving to said end game OnionNinja

18. OP
    OP
    imshyxd

imshyxd Red Snail

Apr 9, 2022
    interesting suggestion! however, i feel like thats a lil too much. the goal isnt to get rid of hp washing completely, but to alleviate the barrier casuals have to allow them to boss at the respective level the boss is normaly done at. (ie. -5lvls). Hp washing should be rewarded to those who want to go through that rough journey. if you want to hit end END game, hp washing should be nessasary (note. but not required). i strongly believe that it should not be a consumable which can be stored, saved, and hoarded. it then gets rid of hyper body in general. it should be a temporary buff only in specific bosses that only buffs the hp at the respective level to the MINIMUM required thus mechanics are still highly required. those who hp wash can probably ignore a lot of the mechanics, and that should not be something someone who does not invest the same amount of time/work should easily receive.

(good idea, but im trying to think for everybody)

19. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    3:10 AM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    i wonder how KS war would turn out if mapowner is disabled in ML hahah

20. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    Perion
    GS2 would be like the Battle of Normandy, people would KS war in relatively empty maps rather than cc, because it's easier to be stubborn and screw the other person. Thank god Mechanics don't exist or we'd all make those to "show them who's really boss."

I mean that's what happens when millions of people play on a limited space. I would hope a mere thousand could be at least a little civil to each other. OnionInnocent

• Like Like x 1