1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Add HP multiplier buff to HT/PB

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by imshyxd, Apr 9, 2022.

1. Koneko

Koneko Orange Mushroom

Jan 21, 2021
    Female
    2:38 AM
    KonekoDxD
    Bandit, Chief Bandit
    I made this suggestion in another HP wash suggestion, but if the HP buff is a no go, (just going to copy paste it here)

I have an alternative:

Honestly, I think it could work like this: Create an NPC in FM or Add to an existing NPC in the world: In return for the items needed to craft the potion, NPC will give you the (temporary buff) Health Boost Potion. There should be a limit on how many you can craft per day so the server isn't flooded with these potions. I also think they should be untradeable.

Maybe we should be able to skip the crafting process of the potion for a HEFTY amount of mesos. Could serve as a Meso Sink?? A few mil depending on the tier of potion you need. (example: 1000HP for 10mil... and so on with 4,000 HP as the max).

Also perhaps add a carrying limit of 1 or 2 Potions at a time? Kinda like those ciders.

Then you can participate in the content you desire without having to HP wash.

People who don't know that you had to HP wash can still participate in bossing.

Those who want to participate in higher tier bosses (cough Pink Bean) will still have to wash but not as much.

Since the potion is a temporary boost, I can't really see any cons from the top of my head except that it cannot/should not be able to stack with Hyper Body. But this can be changed if needed.

Just thought I could bring my idea back to the table. I still love your main idea. There is an actual potion from Ardentmil that does this if you remember. So I think it's perfect because the item is there in postbb and ready to be put in ML.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    Kiyomasa, kage, miko, zoku, etc
    Dragon Knight, Cleric, Bowman, Bandit
    Perion
    I think the only problem I'd see with this is that if anyone dc'd they would be absolutely mullared. I wouldn't expect it but I also know a lot of people don't have entirely consistent connections. With a potion you're truly left out of options: either grind/buy the crafting items necessary or spend millions to get the potion back.

I think in the grand scheme of things, a quest-reward system, an equippable item, or a boss room buff would be the best. In all of those cases you aren't shafted for the electricity going out or your internet shorting. Yeah you'll have to run the damn thing all over again, but you're not forced to invest more time/money to be accepted back in, you just retry.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mageor

Mageor Mr. Anchor

Nov 11, 2020
    Male
    Mageor,rawrsaur
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Asylum
    Instead of circumventing everything with all these HP multiplier buff/potion, why not just increase Hyper Body buff from 60% to 100% or something? Saves time, saves energy?

4. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    10:38 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    Makes tanky classes needlessly more tanky.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    5:38 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    most warriors are above 17k hp, increasing this for buccs and shads doesn't really affect us.

also with 23k+ mega washed range out there, our existance is doomed to begin with.

i believe the bigger problem is it encourages HB mules even more

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Technically is an exploit, a bug would be a malfunction on the program (Going thru walls, Pink Bean spawning multiple statues). The developers (Neckson) did intend to: make INT a stat that would increase your MP gains upon leveling up, HP and MP sharing the same slot on the AP; those are features that work perfectly but you can abuse those to generate an unwanted effect which is washing, mostly a design a flaw.
    The game has a bunch of exploits tho, just the staff gets to decide which one is "good" and which one is "bad", aggro abuse is an exploit because you exploit the lack of range on certain enemies. Heaven's Hammer got nerfed because even tho it was working as intended (doing 200k dmg to enemies on a large radius with a 10 sec CD) but was easily exploitable by mules so it got nerfed.

Now about the change o.o
    This would make washing a bit more OP for certain jobs, for my cap HP Bucc it wouldn't change a thing but for my hyper washed mage it would be sooo good, not only I'm getting even more HP than normally but that extra HP I'm getting is far far more efficient: MG makes any HP I get 5 times as efficient (7times as efficient if is physical damage due to Invincible and 10 times as effective against elemental damage due to Elemental Resistance). Shadower is there too with their double HP efficiency on top of being almost untouchable.
    Even without these crazy multipliers I bet NL's that are hyper washed to have over 14k HP will get a huge boost too and dang a 30k HP is so much better than a 30k HP Buccaneer... even better tan a 30k HP warrior because warriors have this bad habit of getting hit by everything.
    Bless your heart for suggesting stuff tho, washing is kinda boring but I guess we have to deal with this.

Post BB harder bosses do % damage and always hit you (no shifter no avoid can save you there) only certain skills that affect % dmg are good when comes to making certain jobs tankier or more supportive. I can give a few examples:
    Bishop's Holy Shell reduces incoming damage by 10% (15% with a Hyper Skill) if it is % damage, this is a party skill.
    Paladin's Divine Shield. Damage taken by % damage is reduced by 25%, when you do the skill goes into a 30 sec CD.
    Paladin's Sacro Sanctity. Literally god mode for 30 seconds.
    Shadower's Smoke Screen reduces % dmg by 10% and you even do 20% extra crit damage, good skill to bursts of damage.
    Buccaneer's Pirate Revenge has a 25% chance of lowering damage taken by 40% including % damage.

This is just me rambling, this would never fly on a pre-BB server. Shit is unbalanced here but that's why we like it, small tweaks is where is at.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Kmac

Kmac King Slime

Jan 15, 2021
    Male
    5:38 AM
    DPSmoira
    Beginner
    With OP’s idea the temp buff only applies to players who HP doesn’t meet the minimum requirement to survive a given boss. Things like Magic Guard and Meso Guard would likely need to factor into the equation when determining what the min HP for each class should be at any given boss.

People can, and still should wash, but OP’s idea would help people who didn’t wash or learned about it too late to be able to participate in bossing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    5:38 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    The main problem with pretty much all HP Washing fixing suggestions is, while it does help unwashed or light washers, alot of times you are also buffing the mega-washed guys. Ironically mega-washed guys benefits more than unwashed/light washers in most suggestions, hence they are usually rejected.

The unlimited cap is something that is too late to fix - pretty sure most of us acknowledge it. But whatever solutions that comes out, must fulfill these criteria:
    - Does not invalidate previous washer's effort -> it takes more effort to use this than the traditional HP washing process (pump base int, buy leech, self leech, etc)
    - unwashed chars can now go bossing
    - the washed chars that are eligible for bossing DO NOT BENEFIT from this in any ways.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    I'm all out for OP stuff tho but knowing the story of the server I can tell everything is balanced for the common denominator, event rates balanced for those with a million mules doing it, coin rates balanced for those who can run a bunch of bosses every day on a solo or duo and so on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. ruttwood

ruttwood Mano

Mar 10, 2020
    Male
    9:38 AM
    Rutty
    Priest
    How would casual washing affect this suggestion?

Would it be better to have a fixed amount of HP added rather than bringing you to a pre-defined lower limit? So if you had part-washed you got more of a benefit than unwashed?

Using arbitrary numbers because I don’t know what HP different jobs have:

5000hp needed.
    Unwashed archer has a 1000hp. So add 4000hp.
    That way if the archer has washed to 3000hp they still get a small bonus taking them to 7000hp.

Unwashed rogue has 1500hp, so add 3500hp.
    A casual washed rogue has 4999hp so they’d get 8499hp. Still not a huge advantage but a benefit from a bit of washing.

Unwashed mage has 1000hp but has magic guard so limit is only 1500hp instead of 5000hp. So only add 500hp. Washed mage has 2000hp so doesn’t get any bonus.

Should be easy to calculate that limit for each class/job

I guess it depends whether the aim is to completely remove the need to wash or just to supplement it.

I don’t know anything really, it’s a real tricky issue. But that’s just a thought.