1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Add 'Cygnus' Explorer skills

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Epications, Apr 14, 2022.

Should Ultimate Explorer skills be added?

1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    17.8%
  2. No

37 vote(s)
    82.2%
  1. Epications

Epications Mano

Jan 9, 2022
    Male
    2:00 AM
    Epications, RaidyDaMage
    Bishop, Shadower
    I'm asking anyone who reads this to keep an open mind before disagreeing with it, and please read the whole thing before you make your judgment. Also disclaimer, this is about the skills Ultimate Explorers had, and not about bringing Ultimate Explorer creation or Knights of Cygnus to MapleLegends. We do not need the addition of Blessing of Cygnus passive buff which is not what I am proposing.

After the introduction of Knights in GMS, there was a quest added for already-made Explorers to gain access to the 'Empress Might' skill which allowed the person who had it to wear equips 10 levels higher than their own, as well as class specific skills:
    Eckhart's Vampire for Thieves - Deals damage 4x and heals up to 2% or something like that (Lv 5 Max)
    Mihile's Soul Driver for Warriors - hits 4x for a fixed % (Lv 5 Max)
    Oz's Flame Gear for Mages - Creates a wall of flame gears to do damage over time (Lv 5 Max)
    Irena's Wind Piercing for Archers - Knocks back up to (I think 6?) and recovers HP based on damage %
    and Hawkeye's Shark Wave for Pirates - deals 1 line of damages to 4 enemies

I think with how MapleLegends rewards players for card hunting and completing quests it would be a nice, but small addition as optional skills for players to get.
    The original quest (which is also still in GMS) was by no means easy to accomplish and would be extremely rewarding for those diligent enough to complete finding 20 Lunar Dews (Not an east feat, as it can takes WEEKS with such a low droprate) to get Empress Might, but to find 10 etcs for the specific job class at specific locations to get a single point in one of the job specific skills. And perhaps there could be an Empress NPC in Henesys or a specific town just to give the questline, since she's normally in Ereve.

Not only do I think this would be a good addition, I think it would provide new ways of survival in bosses for Thieves and Archers.

I'm not certain if it would be an issue adding a few skills from a newer version of MapleStory, but I figured if anything it would be more doable than adding whole new classes.

EDIT: A few things I forgot to add:
    While I don't have the attack %s or skill %s for each level, I'm sure if approved, they could be adjusted to Kimmy's liking, as, except for Empress' Might which has a skill level of 1, the other skill's have a max level of 5 and are not meant to be game breaking. The mobs that the ETCS that are required to collect and level up the skills' levels would also have to be adjusted. My whole thought behind the addition of these skills is giving people another thing to work for. The original questline was available starting at Lv 70 and I think that's still a good starting level for quests like this. The skills would go into the Beginner tab just like they do in GMS, but would not be available for actual perma-beginners to obtain.

• Disagree Disagree x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    8:00 AM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    I'd prefer if this were something to boost HP gain by lvl, over attack or skill %s.

Like a HP Gain per LVL UP +5 up to maybe +20 per LVL (depending on class)
    Given it starts at lvl 70 (?) I could see people maybe completing it (even if efficiently) and getting like (150-70)*20 = 1.6k HP extra

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Lucidcat

Lucidcat Mixed Golem

May 14, 2021
    4:00 PM
    New players: experience old school maplestory server
    ---A FEW MONTHS LATER---
    demanding buffs for better experience

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Epications

Epications Mano

Jan 9, 2022
    Male
    Epications, RaidyDaMage
    Bishop, Shadower
    Maybe the Empress Might skill could, instead of allowing equipment to be worn 10 levels sooner, give %HP or HP per level ?

5. OP
    OP
    Epications

Epications Mano

Jan 9, 2022
    Male
    Epications, RaidyDaMage
    Bishop, Shadower
    I can see where you're going with this, but it's not really a buff of sorts. Just extra attack/HP/dot skills that truly aren't necessary to any of the classes but could be optional.

6. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    12:00 AM
    Kiyomasa, kage, miko, zoku, etc
    Dragon Knight, Cleric, Bowman, Bandit
    Perion
    Are UE still available in gms? I thought I read that they removed the ability to make em.

Well at any rate I think it's not a bad concept, would certainly make hp washing different, starting at 50/40/wherever we start(it's been a while). Plus a free skill! Plus probably it'd open up for Empress fights.

Unfortunately Cygnus Knights weren't added until v.67(at least according to this version history thread), and while newer content hasn't exactly been a problem, I'm sure there's a limit to how much the staff can wz.edit their packets and expand on the game. Neckson might have had a patcher system in place but it seemed to always downloaded a completely new version, there was never really anything small it changed. At least until maybe after Big Bang.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    This would be a huge game breaking mechanic for beginners and oddjobs alike… lol

…but that’s besides the point :geek:

Any item or skill that involves increasing WA/MA usually is very difficult to justify, since there are many much needed barriers in place to prevent power creep on ML.

Farming is also easy for most endgame players with 1h kill mobbing skills, or other meta farming methods.

This could be an interesting idea if it’s done for HP/MP increases only… but could be bad, since it'd make Dark Knight class’ Hyper Body become even more useless for endgame boss runners.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Epications

Epications Mano

Jan 9, 2022
    Male
    Epications, RaidyDaMage
    Bishop, Shadower
    It wouldn't be available for Beginners, but Oddjobbers, yes.

9. OP
    OP
    Epications

Epications Mano

Jan 9, 2022
    Male
    Epications, RaidyDaMage
    Bishop, Shadower
    We wouldn't need Knights or UEs in order to implement this. There was a side quest for normal Explorers to obtain the skills through questing.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Epications

Epications Mano

Jan 9, 2022
    Male
    Epications, RaidyDaMage
    Bishop, Shadower
    There hasn't been a response in a while, so I'm going to bump this.

11. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    I'm in favor of adding just Shark Wave and nothing else because it's a really fun skill. It's especially cool with Shadow Partner because then it throws TWICE AS MANY SHARKS!!!1

12. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    I don’t want to live through the pain and suffering of collecting 20 dews again, I believe in GMS I got to 18/20 on my bishop but just gave up

• Like Like x 1