1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Make chocolate basket a regular daily item

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Endorphinss, Apr 16, 2022.

1. Endorphinss

Endorphinss Mixed Golem

Jul 28, 2021
    Male
    2:56 AM
    Endorphins
    Hi, i think chocolate basket should be a regular non event related item for us to have.
    Ever since the event started, it is so much easier and comfortable to grind together with people or friends, without the need of mules for 1 hour. Ive lost many potential grinding partners because none of us had a HS mule.

Chocolate basket itself is kinda op and fits as an event item. If a slightly nerfed type of item, which can be obtained once every day and lasts only for 1 hour, i think its very suitable.

Keeping basket as a regular wont make reaching level 200 faster, it just makes life more convenient for 1 hour. We all know how much time is needed to grind when you get to higher levels, 1 hour is basically nothing.

In my opinion, these are the pros:
    1. Gives us another reason to log in, at least for that 1 hour, so people wont miss opportunity of grinding with someone without mules burden.
    2. Because of being less dependent on mules, more opportunities to socialize (not everyone got mules, missed alot of training partners because of that)

and the cons:
    1. Implementing this might make DK slightly less useful because of hb buff (i personally dont think it will affect that much because dk are needed usually for more than a hour).

To make this basket less OP i suggest:
    - Making it achievable only after hitting 4th job, to prevent leeching abuse
    - Getting the basket requires completing a monster elimination quest just like recent event raffle
    - nerfing stats like +100 accuracy and +20 att so people wont be depended on basket to play. Maybe instead add si buff

Your thoughts?

Also if any staff member reads this, wanted to say thank you for the new raffle system. Last raffle methods were so time consuming it just made logging in a burden. New system is so much better.

• Disagree Disagree x 19
  2. Lucidcat

Lucidcat Mixed Golem

May 14, 2021
    9:56 AM
    no

• Agree Agree x 14
  3. Jean

Jean Wolfspider

May 6, 2016
    Male
    8:56 PM
    Jean
    Beginner
    Funk
    ^ same

sorry to be mean but still make the item OP.

4. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    5:56 PM
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    Is there really any reason why we should be giving people the HB, haste, and GM bless? Those are way too op.

Though I am not against the idea of the 1 hour HS being given to higher level players. HS mules can be logistically annoying since you gotta go to FM constantly, vote for VIP rocks and pet equips on another account, or dedicate resources to keeping them alive. It’s basically a necessity the later in the game as otherwise youre just stupidly wasting more time on an already endlessly grindy game. It makes me feel bad for those with poor computers that can only run 1 client without overheating or frame rate issues.

The only reason why HS is so OP in the first place is because priest sucks so they needed an incentive for players to grind with them. That’s not even true anymore after 3rd job, so I don’t see why this artificial barrier to party play should exist after that point.

5. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    9:56 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    theres a topic talking about how bishop "useless" on pb,
    imagine if dont need hs coz the item?
    the same with drk and hb..
    too op

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    5:56 PM
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    I'd have to disagree, theres a lot that can be game breaking if the basket gets to be a non-event repeatable quest, for instance Priests/Bishops and Spearman/Dragon Knights/Dark Knights would be useless and/or pointless to make because everyone would just have stacks of baskets saved up/would redo the quest.

What I do agree with you is the raffle system is quite nice its balanced towards the ones that don't multi-client towards the ones that do, - sort of.

Edit: Forgot to mention SI doesn't work for bishop/mages since they use spells and not physical attacks, other than whacking which it would effect.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    8:56 AM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    just saying but,
    rage is totally useless :(