1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Notice Valentine's + Lunar New Year Event 2022 - Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Events' started by Nightz, Apr 18, 2022.

1. thsscapi

thsscapi Mushmom

Jun 5, 2018
    Male
    7:22 AM
    Jizoical, ZackSparrow
    F/P Arch Mage, Corsair
    Lemonade
    Daily Raffle
    + Doable "daily". It keeps people playing throughout the event. The 20-hour reset instead of 24-hour is also awesome. Please keep this feature for any future daily quests.
    + Makes you travel to other parts of the world; I had fun looking for and sharing the best places to farm mobs (as well as efficient ways to get there).
    + Islander version to promote more off-meta playstyles. This does not conflict with the next point since it's only for Islanders.
    - Available to level 30s still means hundreds of mules created; perhaps a higher floor (level 50?) is better. Many of my friends were too busy raffling and we spent lesser time doing content as a result. And I also can't join them since raffling is a solo quest (see Solo quest point below).
    - Only available in Amoria. The quest takes you to other parts of the world, which is awesome, but that shouldn't mean you have to start from Amoria. Perhaps it could be accepted from Maple Administrator or a similar NPC instead, which wouldn't take away from the having-to-travel requirement.
    - Limited rewards. Unlike older Raffles, where you could get as many rewards as you want as long as you spend time farming, this Raffle is limited - you can only do so many (33 times, theoretically) on each character. This means you have very limited attempts at getting the rewards you want. One of the ways to improve this is to move "useless" rewards to another quest. With only 33 chances, I'm sure no one likes to get things like Transformation Potions; these can be moved to using Spring Points or other quests (e.g. just like The Sweetest Gift quest).
    - Solo quest. While I understand why party-member kills wouldn't count for your Raffle quest, I hate that this forces you to do it solo. It would be nice if the quest still counts the mob as long as your party members have the same mob for their quest.
    = Misc suggestions:
    A. Perhaps Spring Points can be spent to change the mob/boss to some other random mob/boss, so that the Spring Points has some use other than purely cosmetics.
    B. Increasing chances of getting a "good reward". Assign a hidden value to each reward (likely proportionate to their drop rate), and give players a higher chance to obtain higher-value (rarer) rewards if they have been getting lower-value (common) rewards previously. For example, each time a player gets a common reward such as New Year Rice Cake, the drop rate for getting a rare reward such as Mysterious Coin Pouch or Chair increases for the NEXT raffle; and vice-versa, where the drop rate reduces when they get a rare reward. Basically, the drop rates for each reward is adjusted based on what you got previously (or so far).

Event Cosmetics
    Would it be possible to have Cash Shop items (or even Donor items) obtainable as event cosmetics? That way, it works as a longer-lasting NX item (1 year instead of 90 days) for normal CS cosmetics, or as a temporary Donor item (1 year instead of permanent). It's similar to Owls of Minerva and Teleport Cokes, where they are basically variants of their CS equivalent.

Love Letters
    I loved this quest, but I agree with many here that they should last much longer. I also dislike the fact that they're tradeable, which makes them exactly like the Fame stat: essentially only for bragging rights and players sell it because why not. I believe they should work like Wedding Invitations, where you enter an IGN, and they receive the Heart immediately (the Letter will poof). To prevent griefing other players' Cash inventories, the receiver would have to accept the Heart.

• Like Like x 2
  2. ozoatas

ozoatas Slime

Feb 24, 2021
    Male
    8:22 PM
    Ja1zeratt
    Bowmaster
    Rise
    With a fresh ranged attacker on hands, these are my thoughts on the event:

Daily raffle: Makes you play alone, since you and your friends gets diff mobs and maps to complete the quest. This is not bad at all cus 100 mobs is fast to kill, but it was boring.
    Itens from raffle was not good too. With the best prize being a pouch 4 (max 30 coins) while ws/cs prices are crossing the 300m line was just not good for an event or the server economy (holders loved it).
    I personaly prefer a system with a weekly limit against the 20 hours cd of this event. Somedays you cant play Maple and other days you can play a lot of, so making the raffle with a weekly limit alows you to play in your time without "losing" the profit that an event gives.

Event currency: Nice outfits with cheap prices but WHY NOT AP RESETS??? MapleF3_Origin
    Old players got no limit of ap resets on events and resets transferables by cash shop, why not keep it? How it can be bad to the server? We still need to vote for owl, smega, pets, safety charms... man, this rly makes me sad, pls DK stay at my side for ht MapleF4

Returning seasonal quests: Baskets was really good, helps a lot on grind, maybe doing it stackable (as I said before, someguys cant play everyday and it can bump the weekend) OR tradeable (helping new players to get extra money) would be a good idea.
    Event rings are always good, making it a quest rather than points exchange is good cus you dont need to choose for ap reset/raffle or ring (when the event got resets).

New players or casual players cant pay the price of multimage/multiclient farming. We need to have others tools to avoid this abuse. Capping an event is not the best option :/

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    5:07 AM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    Was super excited about the new raffle system. Did it for like 5 days? I called it quits after getting difficult mobs or difficult to reach mobs three times in a row. I guess you could call me lazy but it really turned me off as a super casual player having to travel to and from Amoria.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Karn

Karn Mixed Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    8:22 PM
    Karn, Fayden
    Buccaneer
    Favela
    • Daily raffle
      - It was ok but not great, would still prefer to not feel forced to do something daily and be sad when you lose a day of it because you know, we are grown up adults
      • Rewards
        • What are your thoughts about the rewards available from the raffle?
          - Items like the Lunar New Year Merchant felt extremely disrespectful, more than the other garbage rewards, just because you can't even get rid of your multiples pulls
        • What are your thoughts about the reward table and the rate in which you received items?
          - Feast & Famine as always, even without CS/WS pulls, for me and for other people that I meet who did a numerous amount of raffles, the majority of the days just felt wasted up to the point we gave up doing it
    • Event currency
      • Obtainability and the rewards
        - Same obtainability as most of the previous events, except that they are useless unlike as previous events. Many friends felt sad and even decided to not even play during the events because they were expecting ways to farm AP resets to reduce some time for their characters to be playable but instead got... A chair and cosmetics.
        I feel like this nerf was related to the recent leaked AP reset farming strategies so maybe this will be the norm for now, which probably feels unfair for players that just started their washed characters
    • Returning seasonal quests
      - Everything great, love baskets and the ring, not really interested on Romeo stuff
    • Love letters
      - Cute
    • Aesthetics: Custom FM, website design, event announcement
      - FM looks very good, but didn't noticed website changes using the dark mode

• Like Like x 3
  5. OP
    OP
    Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    12:22 AM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Just want to point out as I seen it brought up a couple of times that Valentines event as a smaller event usually does not offer AP resets. See last years event.
    Whilst Christmas event was uncapped

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Rapskal

Rapskal Chronos

Nov 1, 2017
    Male
    10:22 AM
    Rapskal
    Night Lord
    Lost
    Compared to other daily raffle systems in previous events, this one was pretty great. I liked how little time it took and I loved the enforced variety of the randomised kill quest (although it could use a wider mob pool).
    That being said, I do hate the concept of daily tasks in any game, but feel like that's not going away so won't bother getting into it.

I also liked that the raffle reward pool was way less feast or famine than previous events, a lot of the "bad" rewards were cool rare potions that give a nice amount of speed+jump, accuracy, weapon attack, they were the kind of things that I like to keep and will probably use at some point when I'm making a new char or in a certain bossing situation (only exception was the potion that is basically a power elixir with a different name, that has absolutely no appeal to me). And then there’s the coin pouches making a more gradual distribution of rewards which is good I guess, although I think it would’ve been more exciting if there were still bigger jackpots on the level of ws/cs.

Felt like there were a lot of cute new cosmetics which was nice and also the new chairs were amazing, I love the cat mug and the little tiger cube one. Love letters were a fun concept but I also would've liked if there was a system for sending them to people other than dropping or trading.

Chocolate baskets are super OP and good for making Valentine’s feel unique compared to other events.

Was a little sad that there were no new quests other than the dailies, and no event JQs or activities, but also I usually get bored of them within the first few days anyway so it's not a huge deal.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Snork

Snork Capt. Latanica

Feb 19, 2018
    Snorf
    Paladin
    Lore
    As a filthy casual I really enjoyed the setup and balancing of this event. I didn't feel a shred of FOMO that time limited events often bring.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    4:22 PM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Only going to comment on the daily raffle because it was really the only part of the event I participated in:

I thought the way it was implemented was fine. The effort to reward ratio seemed okay as well, although I have heard of a few people getting pretty unlucky - even with something like 70+ raffles. When the event first came out, I expected pouches to be a bigger part of this event so that we could experience that slight supply-side change during events. None of that really was felt as it became evident through the steadily increasing cost of coins. With that said, the raffle itself ended up favoring those who had many characters with excess NX rather than those who had the ability to multi-client farm. That was a good change overall, imo, though it did make it somewhat tedious.
    __

Personally, I found the lack of balance changes to be the bigger concern here and is what made the event itself feel lackluster to me. For a game that gets updates only 4 times a year now, skipping balance adjustments for one patch turns any updates into a semi-annual occurrence.

__
    With that said, I found this event to be somewhat skippable. It was an event for people who wanted a leg up on the chair market to farm heavily, purely for meso gain. It didn't feel like it progressed my characters in any meaningful way other than meso gain, so I felt no need to really participate in anything after the initial hype. It was a solo event that left me longing for the Anniversary event.

Edit:
    Forgot to mention - roses felt nonexistent for some reason, so I didn't even bother completing the rose ring on many of my characters when I normally would have.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  9. Ayderac

Ayderac Pink Teddy

Mar 13, 2018
    Male
    Sweden
    11:22 PM
    Ayderac
    Bishop
    Abyss
    All in all this is one of the events I've enjoyed the most so far, it felt like a true bonus and not forced at all. Even if you didn't have a lot of time to play some of the days the raffle, it was quick so you didn't feel like you missed out. Which lets be honest, is the biggest reason we grind out events.
    • Daily raffle
    +Not being tied to APR/Point pool/NX etc THANK GOD, this part alone made me enjoy this event so much more.
    +This was a really good idea, kept me and probably a lot of others play through the entire event and not stop whilst points are done
    +Keeps the HHG2-degen out of order/optional
    +Made us go out and explore the world
    +I thought the rewards were very good this time around, perhaps even pull down pots/"useless" items even more. I very much liked that you could get owls/TP cokes and other stuff that still feels useful, in comparison to pots. Scaling down items of low value and adding in more stuff like this and perhaps even APR's to the pool?
    +Perhaps I was just lucky this time around but it felt valueable and I got a lot of good stuff mixed with some bad ofc. A lot less lackluster than other events though that I might just have been super unlucky at but..
    +I liked that you could choose between mobs or bosses. Perhaps next time add even more monsters to the pool to get exploring even more

-Had to travel to Amoria every time to pick up/turn in the quest. I think you should be able to at least accept it from anywhere, perhaps even turn in.
    -Reset at 20h timer, I would MUCH more have prefered to have it on daily reset. I missed a few days because I completed it late some nights and wasn't home the following evening. Being able to do it each day whenever you want is a lot better in my opinion.

• Event currency
    +Very reasonably priced items, did not feel grindy at all to get the "minimum" stuff I wanted.
    +Perfect drop rate/amount

-I know this was a minor event not supposed to have APR's but.. no APR's. If they would have been available at a capped number this would have been the perfect event.
    • Returning seasonal quests
    Nothing to say about this to be honest, easy to get the ring, nice drop rate on the ETC's for basket, roses were a bit rare which I actually liked. I personally bought them but since the event otherwise felt super nice and breezy I wouldn't have minded farming them out either.

-For no hp/mp on ring tho
    • Anything else related to the event!
    A little sad that it was delayed so much, I know you guys have been working super hard and I appreciate it a lot. Keep up the awesome job! It would have been nice to have them at the right time of the year though so the schedule keeps in line to the actual holidays.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Kargo

Kargo Skelegon

Mar 5, 2015
    Male
    Holland
    Kargo
    Shadower
    Flow
    Maybe a good low-price would just be event currency?

• Like Like x 1
  11. MiffyNa

MiffyNa Blue Snail

Aug 6, 2021
    Assassin
    Owh am i the only one who enjoyed the fact that we had to go back and forth to Amoria all the time? I thought it was pretty fun to see Amoria as the new "fm-hangout-spot" since most players hardly ever step into Amoria usually, unless you APQ or are getting married / invited to a wedding. Also it was fun to randomly overhear(overread?) what people received for their raffle rewards as it becomes a convo starter and another way of making casual conversations with random players you don't normally meet.

I prefer the raffle system this time round over the points raffling which forced many of us to spend hours/days/weeks at HHG2 or BL5. However, instead of a 20h reset, I'd prefer a reset at server time rather than 20h so that we could do it at our own time within the 24hours. The idea that someone above suggested, of setting a weekly raffle cap, also seems like a great idea you guys could consider implementing for the next event.

Rose drop rates were dismal, but the price of roses in the FM were buyable so I didn't find that a big issue. However, some clarity on which mobs drop roses would be nice.

Love Notes (the one for the Romeo & Juliet Quest) drop rates were quite low, would be great if you could increase the drop rate. This deterred quite a few players from doing the quest because we'd hardly travel to Ariant and there were horror stories of how long it took to farm the love notes. Moreover since the chairs were already attainable in the previous years and the FM, it really decentivised people from completing that.

I would actually like it if there could be a way to incentive players to do point farming since it's another fun way to meet new friends. Most players didn't bother point farming this round since it was only for cosmetics/pets and you'd get enough points at the end of the event just by doing the 100 mob raffle. Perhaps having an option of 1 boss / 100 mobs or xxx points to raffle daily could be put in as an option, or having AP resets in the points rewards exchange could help incentivise players to point farm.

The cat mug chair is a unique and adorable new chair design but I do wish the rates were better. Even after raffling on over 4 characters daily I only received 1 from the whole raffle duration.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    Beginner
    Overall, very well interesting event. Definitely felt at ease with the raffle and point system rather than a shared one and the anti leech system for mob kills. Though the mobs pool for raffles from lvl 30s could be made more challenging compared to those ranging from 90+ and above. 30s were given majority of a time an almost 100% 1 type of mob in map to farm which kinda brought out more reasons to create 30s mule. I've myself and friends over 100 raffles and never gotten a cat mug/pouch 3-4, while others had insane luck.

Supply of coins from event, as many would say, felt non-impactful towards the prices but that's fine imo as I'd rather prefer a buff on pouch 2 and 4 BOSS droprate or increasing pouch 4 max of 30 to 50. Would be nice to change the reward rng mechanism if possible, or an alternative quest to "complete raffles for 10 days in a row without receiving any rewards and choose a preferred item once only".

• Like Like x 1
  13. Narel

Narel Red Snail

Feb 1, 2022
    6:22 PM
    Narelion
    F/P Arch Mage
    Perion
    Pros:
    -Nice raffle rewards
    -GREAT outfit and pet options for points
    -Getting sent around to various mobs is more interesting than sitting in BL5/PP1/HHG2 all day
    -Pouches instead of scrolls means more people can have a share of the raffle luck, instead of just a few feeling great and many others feeling left out.

Cons:
    -Kinda lame that party kills didn't count towards the event progress for non-boss assignments, there were times that I wanted to team up with people but couldn't. Idk if it's possible to enable that with a level range, maybe, so that people can't just carry with their archmages but like-leveled people can still help each other?
    -Buffoon assignments at level 71 X__X

• Like Like x 1
  14. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    I don't think I can add much since people said it all here, just I kinda wish we had more communication with the developers. I do understand delaying a possible balance patch and just adding a meh event until we get the anniversary, but I just wish some clue on what is coming, are we addressing the coin system? perhaps a nod to perhaps making Heroes a bit better? Nothing specific, is not necessary to have all the details, just some teases.
    Aldo no AP resets on the event? Whyyyyy?
    Ok I'm done, see ya next event.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Honestly, we already tease so much when it comes to content. Almost every announcement I make has some teases. Balance changes do not get "teased" because they are not done months early, to even weeks early. I've been saying this so many times now, but will just say it again now that announcing balance changes early even IF they were done early on is incredibly silly since people will just rush change their behaviour based on upcoming changes.

• Like Like x 1
  16. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    4:22 PM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Considering we're seeing several multimage groups pass 3rd/4th job a day, wouldn't you say this is a good thing?

17. TermiteLover

TermiteLover Brown Teddy

Nov 8, 2021
    12:22 PM
    Guildless
    Event was fun, tho I think I would of preferred it to be once every server reset, instead of every 20 hours. I still ended up doing my chars at the same time every day. It was disappointing the hearts disappeared so soon, I liked having 69 chaotic floating hearts above me.

I may have gotten lucky, but rewards seemed okay to very good, especially for the time i invested. I did 8 raffles a day, expect for the first 2 days, where I only did 2 a day. Most were lvl 30 mules that were in the process of being leeched up. I feel like the coin rate was higher to begin with (too high for a lvl 30 acct to have), and then became more reasonable. I ended the event with 151 coins, 4 cats, 5 princesses, 1 cherry, a handful of CSS and pots, which if I'm being completely honest, felt a lil too high for the effort required to create, say, sin mules to farm raffle (probably nearly 1.2bil if I was to sell everything in a months time, not that I will). I spent about 3hours a day doing all the raffles for reference..

• Like Like x 1
  18. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    I think I used the wrong word tease, I'm more interested on how the developer team sees ML atm, is the coin system working as intended? What are your thought in multimage farming? How is the bossing scene in your eyes? I heard that something may be done about washing so those who washed less can do better, that really gives me good vibes. I do get your point of view and it is good to keep changes safe until the server is down and patching, just want to know of what you guys think, we will especulate with that ofc but we do anyways like how now people especulate about memory lane.
    Have a good day!

19. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Great event, 9/10. Would be better with a bigger pool of monsters for the raffle quest as mentioned before a couple times but otherwise very good.

If you did 3 hours a day for 28? days and got 1.2b value thats a little over 14m per hour which is a pretty normal amount for a single client to make while grinding.

I did the raffles on some mules the first couple days but figured it wasn't worth the hassle and only did it on my main for the rest of the event (trying to get the fm shop which I didn't get).

• Like Like x 1
  20. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    We do all our changes as a team, so my thought doesn't really matter when it comes to upcoming changes. However, if you only want to know my thought, it's found in my rant topics, as well as the end of year one. We are still in a heavily debating state, so once again I just can't say early what our thoughts are on everything, and you'll have to wait for the Anniversary + Summer Event patch that is still very far away on what is going to change or be improved.

Screw RWTers/RMTers though.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1