1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Officially tired

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adrian707717, Apr 21, 2022.

1. Adrian707717

Adrian707717 Orange Mushroom

Jul 13, 2018
    Male
    11:06 PM
    UncleDumble
    Bishop
    Been playing this server since 2018 till today, and i've noticed so many changes throughout the years and i personally feel like the server has hit rock bottom at the state it is in now. Why do i say that ? Keep reading ..

Overall content
    Maplelegends is known for their unique differences compared to other servers and a healthy community being one of Legends strong points to play this server hence why i stayed for this long. Strong staff team and community kept it going. Hitting the stage of actually getting tired of how it's currently going and ranting about it isn't something normal for a person like me as i've been always a casual chill player who loved nothing but enjoying the pixels from the game, but here i am writing this forum post.

Events
    Same old events again and again every year ! best part u can hoard your last year's quest items to use it again this year for some events.

Zero small events like Easter/Raya/Deepavali/etc.., not asking for a month long event, but just to get the celebration mood on in the game, a 1-2 day event would be just nice. Its one way i learnt about many religions and festivals around the world through this game when i was a lil kid.

SEA players must have seen a blue moon to participate in a GM event. (nothing new even if u get to participate, same old events lol)

Cash Shop
    I don't think i've seen any changes in the cash shop throughout the years, i might be wrong but i've never realised it !

No new mounts, no new pets, etc ( These stuff are not that hard to add ). But no sure why the cash shop doesn't get updated of any sort. It's a part of nostalgia to see new stuff added in the cash shop every now and then trying it out in the cash shop even when i had no money to buy nx.

Disrupted Gameplay
    Recently there have been so many people complaining which also includes me that we're experiencing lag/dc issues constantly. I'm not asking for a quick fix, but i know for a fact for the smallest gameplay disruption the community had in the past, the staffs would promptly put up a notice in forum. I see none and no replies to anyone who has issues. I've been here looking at ddos attacks and still waited through just because i saw staffs addressing the issue and keeping us sane (we actually know you care for the community). Now with no official discord server for us, nothing really gets to the community's ears.

Questing and Party Quest
    Buffs to PQs ? Sure but it cant be done if you're gonna wash and do no dmg, so thats just there.

Mid-end game PQs ? There NTPQ if u wanna try out ! Get your friends in a party and omg so much fun ! nah jst get your mule in a pt or jst do it solo u noob !

Economy
    Where do i even begin, i think many have stated this alrdy. So im not gonna talk abt something that's alrdy shit crazy right now. The new rule in this pixels world is have your ego high and get sweaty or gtfo.

Washing
    This is at a stage where u just cant play the game anymore for 1-2years if your goal is to explore every final bossing content this server provides. People who had a HP goal for HT is now forced to remake their char so they can Pink Bean. I mean you're releasing a new content for something that the old players who stuck around the server could do, and the only way to do is to wash harder. 195NL with 9.5k hp ? gtfo and remake u cant pb ! Sad. There's always a never ending topic and discussion of how the server could assist in this issue and it will keep going on for years.

Balancing
    Don't think i have to type much for this. It explains for itself ! ( Just make a heavily washed nightlord with a SE mule, you're balanced ! ).

Conclusion
    The appetite i had for this server is slowly fading and im not sure how many of you feel the same but i had to say what i felt. Atleast, i can still use the server as a old school messenger i guess ( Sitting in FM talking to friends for hours).

• Disagree Disagree x 16
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    4:06 PM
    Moderator Post
    So your major complaint is that things are repetitive in a server that is about playing an old version of the game? Besides that, you mention things without providing solutions or mentioning how so many people mentioned them before. Then what is the point of this thread?

• Agree x 11
    • Like x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Great Work x 1
    • Informative x 1
  3. Snork

Snork Capt. Latanica

Feb 19, 2018
    Snorf
    Paladin
    Lore
    As a 'casual chill' player as well I have to disagree. We just had one of the best event setups in a while (check out the feedback thread) and the one thing prestigious coins actually accomplished was buffing casual bossing.

We just had 7(!) new pets during this event. I know 6 have been available before but come on.

There's a scrolling notification in the game about the current host issues....

Yes, hp washing bad... but also good. Read the 100 threads on the forums about it.

And of course no one is happy about the state of the economy.

What a whingy thread.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Adrian707717

Jul 13, 2018
    Male
    UncleDumble
    Bishop

Playing an old version of the game doesn't have to be this repetitive, the same old version of the game also constantly had some updates or the least some new events to keep players still excited. A small update in the cash shop stating 'New in Cash Shop' is all that is to do.

Like i stated at the start of my post, i'm stating things that i personally feel.

Solutions :

Events
    Make event quest items one of a kind and not able to use the same thing every year.
    Have seasonal event (1-2 days long events for small festivals)
    Auto-mated GM events for the off peak hour players, at random play times of SEA players. (This way we get to experience it too)

Cash Shop
    Having something new in the cash shop always makes players wanna check them out and finally theres a use of the 'New in Cash Shop' wording there. Adding new mounts and effects that are readily available.

Disrupted Gameplay
    Just wanted a forum post stating the issues and letting the community know what's going on. The scrolling notification was there for a day or two and it disappeared, that's supposed to mean that the issue has be resolved but nope.

Questing and Party Quest
    Add new HP items for quest rewards. This will encourage more people to take the questing route rather than the endless nx drain of apresets and leech.
    This will always make Party Questing more viable to do, since they can opt to get HP items or just +HP for every 30/40 times you've done the PQ.
    (People still play the game the same old way without missing out in dmg output in PQs)

Economy
    Locking the CS and WS to one NPC has made the value of both items very similar. Making a perf weapon (long term process) and trying to chaos an equip (Rng gods) doesn't necessarily have to come with the same price. Rather have them dropping from bosses at this state.

Washing
    Already stated the solution in Questing and Party Quest

5. OP
    OP
    Adrian707717

Jul 13, 2018
    Male
    UncleDumble
    Bishop

Never stated prestigious coins being a problem. Best event setups happened during the covid season, yes i'll agree on that.

I'm asking for new cash shop updates that are readily available for all players. Event rewards are not part of it as it a One of Kind item that are not obtainable in any other ways.

The scrolling msg lasted for 2 days max, and it disappeared giving an impression that the issue was solved. Was it ?

Hp washing good/bad doesn't really have to impact the overall gameplay.

Yes, you're right i am whingy ! After years of just reading everything in the forums and playing the game constantly hence the title states 'Officially tired'.

6. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Event items do get wiped unless forgotten. Which items were not wiped during this event that you could use still?
    How will 1-2 day long events be fair at all for those that can't play during those 2 days? Thats just major discouragement missing out on exclusive items
    Automated events are something I disapprove of because then you just have robotic events, as well as people logging in purely to play said events

We had a cash shop update this patch? Some pet equipment got added as well as the couple t-shirt

We've been communicating this both in-game and on the forums. it disappeared because it was stable again for a bit. HOSTING issues are unpredictable, so we don't know if it comes back. Again if you check the other top server you will see they experience lag problems right now as well due to similar (likely) reasons.

All the other things I am not going reply to because they are just feedback posts which should be posted in their appropriate place, such as the PQ thread and the thousands of washing threads.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Cornwall

Cornwall Chronos

Dec 11, 2020
    Male
    11:06 AM
    Cornsair
    Corsair
    Pasta
    We need a get it off your chest section in this forum.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    8:06 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    After 4 months of trying out the bossing coin system of progress, I've concluded that it's not worth the time and effort. With a measly 5 coins a day on average that can be covered by less than 1 hour of mage farming, I've decided to return to farming mesos since it feels like the only way to progress in this game anymore.

Officially tired is a good way to put it.

• Agree Agree x 7
  9. OP
    OP
    Adrian707717

Jul 13, 2018
    Male
    UncleDumble
    Bishop
    I'm only here talking about what i am currently feeling about the server (Like what CornwallCornwall mentioned, its more of getting it out of my chest). Different people have different opinion. I'm not here to completely run down the server and say its just shit. I'm not posting a rant after merely playing for a few months or a year, i've been here for sometime now and stating what i'm currently feeling playing the game ( broken down in to the areas that i think caused me this feeling ).

10. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    What I find odd is the current backwardness of this server. My level 160+ characters are progressing faster as sweeper mules in multimage farming set ups than by bossing - both economically and EXP-wise.

I'm at the point where the payoff of having leeched and hp washed my attackers should be rewarded with bossing gameplay, but when bossing is seen as a waste of time, it results in more of the same thing - using mages to do everything in this game.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. OP
    OP
    Adrian707717

Jul 13, 2018
    Male
    UncleDumble
    Bishop
    Event quest items do not get wiped, the valentines etcs are the biggest example of hoarding and reusing next year at ease. Some other etcs may or may not be able to use but i still do keep it knowing some of the event will for sure come back soon. I've included the screenshots of it as well.

People not being able to attend a 1-2day events. Knowing there are exclusive items up for grabs, i'm sure these events can take place on weekends and people are gonna login to participate in it.

People are still logging in purely for events even now, the server just floods with people when there's an event going on. I'm just suggesting automated events because some of us have never experienced gm events just because we're on the other side of the world.

My mistake i did not realize the cash shop update, still looks the same to me tho. No note-able updates, but thanks for letting me know.

Yes, i do see the shoutout box and the messages in-game. Its just not as efficient as before is what i'm saying, an official forum post addressing the issue stating we are aware of the issue and be a little more careful when running bosses or doing party quests to avoid any mishaps would be nice. I'm here in Maplelegends not the other top server that doesn't address community concerns, im here writing this because i know people hear us out and talk to us.

Attached Files:

• SS1.jpg
      SS1.jpg
      File size:
      22.7 KB
      Views:
    • SS3.jpg
      SS3.jpg
      File size:
      24.5 KB
      Views:
    • SS2.jpg
      SS2.jpg
      File size:
      8.6 KB
      Views:
    • SS4.jpg
      SS4.jpg
      File size:
      18.1 KB
      Views:
  12. AndrewMapler

AndrewMapler Mano

Mar 27, 2020
    Male
    VitoCorleone
    Night Lord
    Summer
    I suspect the reason that you see threads like this is because there really isn't much communication from the staff about what us players can expect moving forward with the server. There are real problems with the game that, if addressed, would make the game more fun for us players & would likely lead to more retention of older players & more engagement from new players. I'm happy to discuss my personal opinions on what those changes should be but that's not the point of this post.

The point is that us players have 0 idea what to expect from the future of this server. Are we in a state of stagnation where we shouldn't expect any of these issues to be addressed? Or are changes actively being worked on behind the scenes? There's tons of great suggestion posts on the forums that get broad support from players that are completely ghosted by staff. Given this I'd say its natural to assume that we're in a state of stagnation. That's probably why you end up seeing threads like this.

I understand that staff resources are limited and I'm not asking for the world - as in I'm not asking for all these problems to be fixed today. Instead, a simple "server roadmap" post from the staff that helps us understand what changes we can expect coming up would go a long way to reduce the feelings of stagnation/frustration that I know many players feel. A little communication goes a long way in keeping communities happy.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    They do get wiped, juz not instantly. (well, except valentine rose)

I held a ripped piece of spinner man's lottery ticket (halloween raffle etcs) during 2019. when 2020 halloween comes, the same etc is used, but it magically disappears from my inventory.

your snowdrop coin is still there coz that etc is not used in xmas events anymore

14. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    They get wiped when the new event hits again. It has been forgotten at times, but we try to do that for every event. They won't wipe when the event isn't going to hit yet, so that's normal that you still have them now.

This is fine feedback, and I used to hold events at different times of the day, but kind of lost interest in hosting events myself due to similar reasons of there not being many kinds of "GM hosting" events out there. This is more the fault of Neckson though since even now we already do some custom ones such as Bomberman.

I honestly do not understand what a topic will do differently over a shoutbox message. The shoutbox is available for guests, as well as users logged in, so it does the exact same thing minus the clutter. Announcements were made in-game as well, but once again we cannot smell when the host struggles again, so if we announce its safe to boss again and server spikes, it ends up being our fault. I also mentioned also in the shoutbox the reasons of the lag.

I wasn't saying they are addressing things or not addressing things. I was saying (also in shoutbox) that the other server that has similar hardware as us TOO were facing lag/disconnect problems, further suggesting it's a HOST issue, so one we cannot fix by our own.

I've mentioned on a few topics what our plans are going to be, BUT IT'S JUST NOT POSSIBLE TO SAY AHEAD OF TIME WHAT WILL BE CHANGED BALANCING WISE. I have acknowledged that washing is hated, I have acknowledged that multi-mage meta is bad, and I have acknowledged what some of the community thinks of the server right now. That's all I can say because balance changes ARE JUST NOT READY THIS EARLY ON, SO NOTHING CAN BE COMMUNICATED. I am putting it in caps now because I am getting really tired of repeating myself over and over, especially when I already make so many thought and rant topics that easily can be looked at and knowing what I think of the server as well its meta.

I get that some of you are extremely dedicated to the server, but this is MapleStory. A Korean MMO that has not aged well gameplay-wise, especially pre-bb, and the most we can do is band-aid it patch after patch, and make the gameplay slightly less shitty, which then as compensation makes the server more and more custom and less authentic.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  15. mard

mard Mixed Golem Retired Staff

Jul 20, 2021
    Male
    10:06 AM
    Do you think it's unfair for players to ask for some response by either the staff / balance team with regards to the many suggestions that are made in the suggestions section on the forums? Even just some communication would be much appreciated instead of the current system which feels like we're just suggesting changes to a wall.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Also mentioned in past... We bring up all suggestion threads behind scenes. If we got questions, we ask them in the thread. If they get accepted, you will usually find out on the day of the patch, and if its generally something I don't want to see myself I usually reject it early, since it's pointless to waste time on something I really do not want to happen in the server (this is usually features and rarely balance related...)

The reason why a lot of threads do not get moved to denied is that we revisit them a lot of times, and so we want to have a place to look at, which won't be in the "denied" section.

Just because we do not reply to them doesn't mean they don't get seen. We just don't talk in them because we do all the discussing behind scene, and this still haven't changed.

17. mard

mard Mixed Golem Retired Staff

Jul 20, 2021
    Male
    10:06 AM
    Sure, I understand that this is the current way that things are done and the way things have been done in the past.

Perhaps what I'm more curious about is with all this discussion that occurs behind the scene, what's preventing the discussions from manifesting into actual changes? It's clear that both you and the playerbase view multi-maging to be bad for example, yet you mention that balance changes aren't ready this early on. If the current timeline is what you consider to be early, what do you envision as a reasonable timeline for balance changes?

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    12:06 PM
    Lisnar, HolyFlow, Theorist
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    uh balancing seems bad, but it is slow since this is a mmorpg, not league of legends, we can't change class everyday, but i agree it is really bad here, and you don't need 2 years to play a ranged character, lol, can't agree with any other points

19. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Would not having more open discussion regarding certain subjects be more beneficial to the community and aide the staff in making better decisions? I get that staff puts in a lot of unrecognized effort behind the scenes and it can be frustrating to be lambasted by the community, but the process of logic trying to justify engaging less with the community seems really off.

Staff does not need to disclose final decisions anywhere on the forums, but having more engaging discussions with the community would be better, not worse. Discussions do not guarantee change, and future development/balance changes can remain ambiguous. Should not staff be asking the community questions and leading these types of discussions, or is it the responsibility of the community? The lack of leadership/direction from staff in these discussions is what leads to meme suggestion threads and posts about intentionally "destroying the economy." This just breeds more Shiverings, and the negative rhetoric seems to be working as intended - in stirring up a sense of discontent all throughout the player-base.

And when the end product of certain balance changes - as a result of all the behind-the-scenes discussion and planning - seems rushed and not entirely fleshed out, it's hard not to point fingers at the current systems of project management.

There are many capable non-staff players that could give great insight to the future shaping of this server, but the only platform which facilitates for this type of discussion (this forum) is constantly being stonewalled behind the 'staff-only' veil of secrecy.

• Agree Agree x 6
  20. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    We all acknowledge the problems that are present. The second step is actually coming up with a reasonable solution, which if you actually look at things from all angles, as well as potential loopholes, is more difficult than it seems. This is the biggest underestimation not only players take, but also many different servers. They just slam "leech/wash fixes" and then find out that just having those fixes in place doesn't solve everything. The same story goes for the ongoing multi-mage balance problems. However, yes, we are all aware.

Logically you may think that helps us, but no, it won't. Not in public anyway. There are times we ask some members about general thoughts on some things, but we do that in private since the public is just unrealistic to have a sensible discussion, especially on a forum. When it comes to balancing this lovely game, conversations also end up getting emotionally and lead to personal attacks, which then leads to people either being afraid to speak up or just things going nowhere in general. We rather just watch people discuss like mature beings and see if there are things out there that can help with things we consider (it has, and it probably keeps doing so).

There's also times people DM me on Discord with their concerns, which also helped us from time to time. Similar as the forums I bring those up to the staff as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2