1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Hero's Weapons

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by UnknownPower, Apr 21, 2022.

1. UnknownPower

UnknownPower Mano

Apr 6, 2022
    Male
    5:08 AM
    Beginner
    I want to start this off with i understand that heroes can use 1-handed sword + shield, two-handed sword, and 1-handed axe + shield, and two-handed axe.
    I'm new to hero and I was wondering, is it better to go with 1-handed weapons + shield since you can scroll the shield for weapon attack? Is the two-handed weapons better? I'm confused. I see a lot of people use Stonetooth Sword which is two-handed. That's where my confusion came from.

One-Handed Sword and Shield | [​IMG] + [​IMG]

Two-Handed Sword | [​IMG]

One-Handed Axe and Shield | [​IMG] + [​IMG]

Two-Handed Axe | [​IMG]

2. Lucidcat

Lucidcat Mixed Golem

May 14, 2021
    9:08 PM
  3. Lucidcat

Lucidcat Mixed Golem

May 14, 2021
    9:08 PM
    Not my work. And I'm waiting for axe dpm calculations.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    5:08 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    1H weapons are bad value because you need to spend a lot of mesos on a shield just to do worse damage than your 2H counterpart. Axes are worse than their sword counterparts in every scenario.

So by process of elimination, all you have left is a 2H sword. I recommend dragon claymore over stone tooth sword because dragon claymore:
    1) Is cheaper than ST sword
    2) Has more weapon attack than ST sword (hence more damage if you are partying with a buccanneer)
    3) Has no dex requirement so you don't need to have well scrolled armor

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Proud

Proud Blue Snail

Apr 23, 2022
    Male
    9:08 AM
    Proud
    Beginner
    This. I experimented with 1h+shield (21att shield), 2h Claymore and 2h ST and what i can say is go for the 2h Swords. They have higher damage multipliers with high att. pots (like apples) 4.6x instead of 4x of 1h swords. Also, higher att shields are very rare, hard to make and very expensive as well. If you choose shields, i wouldn't use anything below 14-16 w.att.

Now, which 2h sword to choose?
    Note: I won't mention Timeless Nibleheim because it's probably the best if you get lucky on level ups + gets it perfect (even without SI maybe?), but is very end game.
    Note 2: You can view Nise's DPM chart comparing some Hero end game weapons here:
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/warrior-damage-comparison-neo-tokyo-vers.30381/

For me the ST is the best overall choice despite Claymore having lots of good things, but i'll list some pros and cons of both swords, and you'll have to choose whats best for YOU.

Claymore Pros:
    1) Claymore is cheaper. You can buy a perfect clean Claymore for 50-60m and they're easy to find in market.
    2) You can grind at Skeles and while you level, you also farm materials so you can make lots of Claymores yourself.
    3) Higher base attack (4 w.att compared to ST).
    4) Surpasses Stonetooth if you have SI (Speed Infusion).
    5) You don't need aditional dex to use it. You can easily have 4 base dex the whole game.
    5) Best looking sword in game IMO

Claymore Cons:
    1) Attack Speed. If you don't have SI on bosses, you'll lose out a lot of DPS, and a inferior ST will surpass your damage, so if you don't have a
    permanent Buccaneer partner, or a Bucc mule for grinding, it will hurt your DPM. This is a BIG CON.
    2) Claymore used to be best to hunt BF because of the iframes, but ML fixed BF frames so this is no longer truth, so it loses this exp gain value.

-----------------------

Stonetooth Pros:
    1) Attack Speed. With booster, ST almost caps the att. speed damage. Its a lot more efficient to grind with max att.speed because of Rush > Jump > Brandish will be faster and you won't have a delay after using it because the recovery frame will be faster. Also, if you don't have SI for bosses it doesn't matter. This is a BIG PRO.
    2) Second best looking sword in game IMO.

Stonetooth Cons:
    1) Very Expensive. A perfect clean ST is around 140m in the market. They're hard to come by (perfect att clean). In my experience, every 3 days one appears.
    2) ST is way harder to come by in the market, and hard to get (Showa gacha, Toad or Crow boss).
    3) You need 120 dex to use it. It's hard to have 4 base dex and reach 120 total to use it, but its possible. Having 20 base dex is fine tho.

Few more things to consider:
    Are you the grinding type or bossing type?
    You'll spend most of your time grinding in 7F or Temple of Time - Road to Oblivion IV.
    So, from a solo grinder POV:

- In ToT you'll have more trouble bringing mules, leaving/rejoining the party or going to FM. This will hurt your dpm. But here you're able to make mesos while you train.
    - In 7F you can put mules in a safe spot (lv.80 HS mule, MU, HASTE, SE, HB, etc) and leech your SI mule (they'll recieve part of the exp) if you're solo gringing.
    - Buccs are everywhere now, so on Bossing, SI is very common now.

TL DR: After using shields and 2h in endgame i found ST to be better fitting for me, because i could solo grind and didn't need to bother bringing my SI mule.
    Now, which one will you choose?

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    8:08 AM
    iPippy
    An additional note: ST still benefits from speed infusion, just not as much as claymore and such. ST is just a middle ground choice between speed/power. I'd say go claymore unless you plan to solo content everything; si seems generally easier to procure these days.

7. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    8:08 AM
    iPippy
    This is incorrect. Speed cap is 2 and booster and si can each provide a 2 speed increase. 5-2 = 3, so ST gains one speed tier benefit from si to reach speed 2. Both claymore and st will be at speed 2 after booster. Only 1h nt can reach speed cap w/o si.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  8. Proud

Proud Blue Snail

Apr 23, 2022
    Male
    9:08 AM
    Proud
    Beginner
    You're correct. I'll update my post and delete the mention. thanks

9. Aesop

Aesop Orange Mushroom Retired Staff

Jul 8, 2020
    Female
    3:08 PM
    Aesop
    Hero
    As a player who's not yet funded and is new to the server I'd recommend going for a Claymore first, it is more available for purchase and easier to upgrade and sell to cover up the prices.

Claymore -
    Pros:
    • It is by far the cheapest option
    • You don't need to have 120 Dex to equip it
    • In larger Boss expeditions there usually will be a Bucc since they're such a useful class, so you'll have SI and hit max speed
    • You don't have to care about Guardian skill
    Cons:
    • You'll have significatly lower DPM when you don't have SI
    • that's pretty much it

Stonetooth -
    Pros:
    • You'll have an easier time grinding and bossing when there's no available SI
    • You can look like Renji

Cons:
    • It is very expensive to buy a decent Stonetooth
    • It requires 120 Dex - It takes a long time to be able to have that much without adding APs into base Dex

1-Handed Swords -
    Pros:
    • At the end-game, making a perfect shield and a perfect Neo Tokyo 1 Handed Sword will put you at the optimal point DPM-wise
    • It is a e s t h e t i c, many people prefer one-handed animation over two-handed.
    • You're not as dependent on SI (Like a Stonetooth user)
    • Guardian Skill gives you a chance of invincibility at times which saves potions.

Cons:
    • It is extremely expensive to successfully scroll 17 slots vs. 7
    • Guardian procs a rush-like push at random times, it is a very questionable skill to have at some mobile bosses (Pink Bean)

You should consider going 1H at a much later point in the game imo!

But ultimately, this is a fun, very old version of a mushroom game - just play the class you enjoy with the weapon you like the most.;)

multiplier.JPG

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1