1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Do Heros use Panic/Coma?

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by twing1, Apr 19, 2022.

1. JKNS

JKNS Selkie Jr.

Sep 21, 2020
    7:27 PM
    Hero, Dark Knight, F/P Arch Mage, I/L Arch Mage, Bishop, Night Lord
    Swords are better than Axes. Brandish is always 1 swing + 1 stab, and the stab penalty outweighs the slash bonus on Axes for both 1H and 2H (and is significantly harsher on 2H).

1H Sword: Swing Multiplier = 4, Stab Multiplier = 4: Net Multiplier = 8
    1H Axe: Swing Multiplier = 4.4, Stab Multiplier = 3.2: Net Multiplier = 7.6
    2H Sword: Swing Multiplier = 4.6, Stab Multiplier = 4.6: Net Multiplier = 9.2
    2H Axe: Swing Multiplier = 4.8, Stab Multiplier = 3.4: Net Multiplier = 8.2

Assuming same Weapon Speed and net WA (a 2H Weapon having equal attack to its 1H Weapon + Shield), 2H Sword > 2H Axe > 1H Sword > 1H Axe, but between the 10 slots for Attack on your Shield, you can probably even put 1H Sword above 2H Axe.

It'd be slightly different if Brandish weren't a fixed Swing + Stab (BW has the same modifiers as Axe, but with Blast maintaining the 3:2 Swing:Stab ratio and there being good options for 1H BWs in Crushed Skulls and Graves, there is a more reasonable case to go 1H BW, though even then 2H Sword is still the best option).

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. asdsaou

asdsaou Mushmom

Oct 10, 2021
    Male
    5:27 PM
    asdsaou2
    Corsair
    You should probably focus on putting that money into a Claymore rather than a Stonetooth (ST). A perfect 106 ST is a lot more expensive (120M) than a perfect 110 Dclay (35M). This is due to the fact that Dclays can be crafted for like 4-5m each from beheaders, and ST are only dropped from black crow and toad. St reduces brandish time from 750ms to 690ms, which is an 8.7% damage boost. With SI (very common when bossing), the two are the same speed. If we look at it from an opportunity cost point of view, roughly speaking, a 130 Dclay is worth 200m, and a 119 ST is worth 200m. Let's say you have a cape and MoN which give you 9 Watt. At a 200m budget point, the ST would do 0.1% more without SI, and 7.9% less with SI. It's only in the several billions when a ST starts to make slightly more sense than a DClay. A perfect DClay (145 Watt, 11.5B roughly?) vs a +6 ST with 1 slot left (136 Watt, 11.5B roughly?), with an extra 20 Watt from Cape / MoN, would result in the ST doing 2.8% more without SI, and 5.5% less with SI. However, if you got perfect gear for bossing, you're likely bossing with an abundance of SI available already.

3. iccqqq

iccqqq Dark Stone Golem

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    2:27 AM
    Hero
    here bro i made an optimal hero guide for you:
    [​IMG]

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Show dpm 45

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. lord kniizer

lord kniizer Slime

Mar 21, 2020
    9:27 PM
    I/L Arch Mage
    Feijoada
    130 att in 2h Sword for 200m?! if u r selling i pay 350m xD. idk if u r playing now or just dont know about prices. but 131-132 att 2h sword (NT or Clay) its really close to 1b :pigeon:

6. asdsaou

asdsaou Mushmom

Oct 10, 2021
    Male
    asdsaou2
    Corsair
    It should definitely not be anywhere close to 1B. With 1B, you could easily 3-4x your money by crafting and scrolling swords.

7. OP
    OP
    twing1

twing1 Pink Teddy

Aug 10, 2020
    Male
    twing1
    Beginner
    Thank you! Something like this is exactly what I was looking for. Much appreciated! ^_^

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Stance88

Stance88 Dark Stone Golem

May 28, 2015
    Male
    Denmark
    1:27 AM
    Stance
    Hero
    Aeon
    On my Hero back in the day I used to use Panic when the orbs are about to run out on a boss, or 1shot a mob again when orbs are about to run out. That's about it.. Maybe not to much use but that's a real use case scenario you'll find yourself in if you grind without leech and use Coma/Panic throughout 3rd job and end up having the skills in 4th.