1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Remove Breath Cooldown for Removing Pet Equips (item/meso loot)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Log, Apr 23, 2022.

1. Log

Log Orange Mushroom

Dec 11, 2018
    1:41 PM
    Corsair
    Far too many times have I had to remind airheads to remove their pet loots at the last minutes of a boss run, only to result in our DPS dropping because this noob didn't listen in the beginning and is hanging on a rope, struggling not to get hit and to unequip pet loot.

My suggestion is to remove the breath cooldown for pet loot so that players can unequip pet loot as soon as possible without interrupting their DPM or the boss fight while they struggle to hang on a rope not getting hit, wasting a smoke, or dying.

EDIT: Title should read "Remove Breath Cooldown for Unequpping Pet...". Damn I gotta think my titles through more.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    5:41 AM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    I would argue that it isn't something that should be implemented purely on the basis of nostalgia and game logic. You've always meant to take a breath before cc-ing or going to fm, it should and is still the case for when you need to unequip items.

Also this is where good sellers remind their buyers of the rules. unequip pet loot, feed pets, hug wall, then go touch grass if you made it this far, etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Log

Log Orange Mushroom

Dec 11, 2018
    1:41 PM
    Corsair
    I understand the angle of nostalgia; I definitely considered that before I made this post, but I believe this suggestion to be more QoL and non-game breaking. My suggestion is only for Meso Magnet and Item Pouch, no other equips or functions (like potion assignment to auto-hp/mp), and definitely not cc-ing or going to FM (which is a custom QoL change btw and not nostalgic). In the argument of good sellers, I get that too. But this wouldn't be the first time a QoL change was made to account for players forgetting or not knowing about a function or feature (see: jump down to Block Golems in Ludi PQ stage 5 is prevented).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    2:41 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    Nice! Sometimes pet bug in boss or if you forget in a very mobbed place