1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Coke Pills... for NOT weapon attack

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Cak33, Apr 21, 2022.

Agree?

1. Yup

11 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    32.3%
  3. No - but remove/nerf cider or buff rage

10 vote(s)
    32.3%
  1. Drayen

Drayen Mushmom

Mar 13, 2020
    Male
    coom dungeon
    10:17 AM
    Priest
    Maplelegends 2022: @@@ 9-33 cheapest Echo/MW/TL pots @@@
    Why even stop at party buffs? Imagine zerking NLs kek.

Noted.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    3:17 AM
    Kiyomasa, kage, miko, zoku, etc
    Dragon Knight, Cleric, Bowman, Bandit
    Perion
    B..but there are xyz reasons why this should not be implemented!

No I think the intent is good, I just feel the cons outweigh the pros.

I think if there was a way to make Rage, Dragon's Blood, and every other damage boost skill in the game stackable, I think that would help with attack pills feeling like they just kill the point of investing into those skills.

I think with HS it's a bit different. I think people over time just want to level up quicker. x10 exp wouldn't be fast enough for some people given enough time. I think people's impatience on gaining experience bogs down their motivation, or they fall behind their friends because they can't play as much. So they want faster ways of catching up. I also think people are bored of casting every 3 minutes. Maybe HS pills would be a good alternative in that case.

I do think mini baskets would be something worth looking in to. 15-30 minutes of just HS and Haste. No attack boost, no HB, none of that extra stuff. People want to move fast and get a small boost of exp.

A mild tangent, it's interesting, in another game I play(XIV), healers used to cast protect and stoneskin II before every dungeon, raid, etc. The devs eventually took it out of the game and just boosted everyone's stats to compensate, because they realized the tedioudness of having a bunch of extra stuff to do before a fight, even if it made sense within the context of the series as a whole, or felt nostalgic to the MMO scene in general.

3. OP
    OP
    Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    6:17 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    To requote myself
    Back to the other replies:
    That will unfortunately be too op. Kimmy wont be happy that HT is being cleared too fast without much effort or meso sinks (such as apples).

The guy who made valentine baskets have already received many dislikes. A full HS is clearly too OP, if that is what you are suggesting.

Is it only the cons I've stated? Or as iPippy stated. Perhaps you may elaborate more?

If the main issue is having permanent nerfed HS, making it one of a kind, untradable item that is accessible only via daily quest, is fair imo.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  4. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    Perion
    The first part was an inside joke within your post. It made me laugh and I thought it was a funny thing to repeat back. I just copy-pasted it lol

I don't really have much in the thought of solutions, beyond what I posted. I think the idea is sound but the cons of making an entire class worthless, or less than worthless if that's even possible, is just not something I would like to see. Not that the entire point of DK is HB, but that is their only party utility(unless you get Power Crash). Get rid of that and they're just a weaker, mobbier Fighter with a crappier self-Rage.

I think a daily quest for a one of a kind untradeable is a pretty good idea, though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. carebu

carebu Brown Teddy

Jul 15, 2020
    Male
    6:17 AM
    carebu
    Dark Knight
    Elluelians
    make bosses hard enough that mules are self defeating :D

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    In a way, im also pretty much joking, but at the same time, its not really a joke :p

Maybe in a way you can say, since hero is already useless, I'm pulling down all other classes with me so we can have better casual plays.

But regarding HB, I think it can be band-aided. make those pills take 1 slot per use (same as cider), and have it only last 5 seconds. That way you have to predict when an attack is incoming. Hence you cant be on nerfed HB at all times.

You may argue a sed mule can be used to carry extra HB pills for people who want more than 54 pills (1 slot for honster, 1 slot for sorc elixir, 54 for HB pills, and 56 is max slot), but depending on boss, it may hurt yr dpm and yr sed mule is not guaranteed to be alive all the way through

7. OP
    OP
    Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    Players who are not healing or attacking every 10 seconds gets instant death or dc :D

(its a joke, don't kill me)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    The main issue to be addressed is that new players have to party with established players if they even want to efficiently party grind with other folks, which tends not to work out because the established players tend to just leech themselves up instead of grinding.

Grinding without HS tends to produce results all over the place, if you partners are weak you're getting worse exp than just solo, but it's faster for them. If you're on relatively equal footing you're both slightly better off but generally not by enough to go out of your way to do so.

The way people play games has changed between childhood and adulthood, and in that discrepancy some rework ought to be done when the most efficient path forward doesn't mesh well with the meta-narrative of the server - where the social aspect that is desired loses out to solo-play. Party play ought to be better than solo-play even without Holy Symbol if one of the major goals of the server is to promote social interactions, and it deserves to be looked at in discussing potential changes as it's a good flaw to try and fix.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    Perion
    I definitely don't want Hero to be useless. In terms of damage I'd love to see it be Hero≥(depending on ele weakness)Paladin>Dark Knight in terms of single-target/boss damage.

I have ideas on what the tier list for all classes should be but I'm also trying to not insert my opinions like a jackass into conversations OnionSweatie

I'm trying I swear!

10. OP
    OP
    Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    I do have some other stuffs in mind too, but well, ideas are just ideas kekw.
    End of day, it depends on the staffs

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    Sorry, but your formatting is kind hard to read.

HB is literally the DK copium now. I don't know we should really make it "cider-like" accessable.
    HS pill sounds like just giving the server another 0.5x exp on top of the 2x exp, or something.
    It sounds complicated work compare to just adjusting the server rate.

Unless you want gate both behind some event-like daily quest, but it is too similiar to Vday event.
    I would support this if Vday event is eventually rotated out to reduce dev workload, and basket-like thing become a 72 hours thing.

12. OP
    OP
    Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    At least DK has copium to breathe. Hero can't even have 1% of DK's copium because ciders exist. I'm taking down DK and Bishops to the same level (or worst) then Hero in attempt to improve casual party grinds and bossings, and its already pretty tamed - im suggesting coke pill level of utility and ciders amount of use slots.

You are right. Then again the server's EXP table has been increased to make leveling harder, so in that sense it has never been a true 2x server, right? I don't care if this HS pill does not improve solo grinding, but at least make party grinding worthwhile without waiting for someone with a HS mule.

Additionally, this pill have 0% effect on people who are constantly on HS, so giving server another 0.5x exp isnt really the case.

Sure, for testing purpose, we can roll this out on anniversary, summer or future events to test the effect

Also, to requote:

13. carebu

carebu Brown Teddy

Jul 15, 2020
    Male
    carebu
    Dark Knight
    Elluelians
    I unironically support some kinda of meta mule killing mechanic that really punishes muling. Muling is a toxic mechanic that's invalidating entire classes and mechanics of the game, as well blowing the economy out. And it's not even a desired function of the game by most people, it's just relenting to a problem that is nigh impossible to fix.

• Like Like x 2
  14. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    OnionF5

Really!? I didnt know that the exp needed per level is reworked!

When was this?? :eek:

15. OP
    OP
    Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    take it a grain of salt from me, just something i recalled from memory

Edit: you can compare both here:
    https://bbb.hidden-street.net/experience-table
    https://maplelegends.com/lib/exptable

From level 199 to level 200 in bbb hiddenstreet: its 1.6b to level up.
    In MapleLegends: 2.1b

Same for all other levels

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    This difference is due to GMS changing the EXP table in something like v73 or v83. They reduced the amount of XP needed. BBB HiddenStreet is based on GMS v92, as far as I know.

• Informative Informative x 2
  17. Ambrose

Ambrose Stone Golem

Dec 22, 2017
    Male
    Caterina, TheNL
    Cleric
    Elluelians
    There's also the problem that steroid buffs do not stack with skill buffs which is a limitation of this version's game client.

18. OP
    OP
    Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    thats a seperate issue that I have no issue with. thanks for the bump tho :)

• Like Like x 1