1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Low HD0 Client Off-Keyboard Settings Error

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by -ovv, Apr 23, 2022.

1. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    4:39 PM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Description of the bug: When you open Keyboard Settings in small client, if you change anything and then try closing out with the ESC button, the Save changes? chat command also appears off screen and your client becomes unplayable entirely. Nothing you press/click or do will register since the Ok/Cancel are not clickable.

upload_2022-4-23_14-53-49.png

What is supposed to happen?
    : Save changes screen should appear on screen where you can click on it, or keyboard settings should appear centered on screen so this does not occur.
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?:
    A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional):
    Extra information (optional):

2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    1:39 AM
    Moderator Post
    This has nothing to do with HD0. The pop up appears on the center of keyconfig UI and you've decided to shovel that thing to the corner of the screen before closing the thing, rendering it not visible.

A very edge case that I don't think is worth looking into.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    When you launch the key configuration on hd0 client, it always launched off screen. I don’t know if this is due to me using other clients as well on the same computer, but I didn’t shovel off the key configuration screen on my own.

4. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Oh, I thought you were talking about the confirm prompt which is coded to always appear in the center. I just went into HD0 and can indeed confirm that key config is opening in the corner, which is a bug. My bad, I thought you were talking about the confirm prompt, not the key config that is opening in the wrong place.

Noted to dev.

5. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    It seems it just doesn't go back to centre correctly if you've put it outside the boundaries, which is what the client is supposed to do when it's in invalid positions. Not sure if this is a client bug or a forgotten UI when we fixed HD1+ keep going back to 800x600 resolution positions.

6. OP
    OP
    -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    The confirm prompt does appear off screen, if the key configuration panel is up and you press escape to close out after making a change. That is what my screen shot is showing - I pulled up the key configuration with the hot key, then changed the ‘ key to the macro, then closed with esc key and the screen froze, presumably due to the confirm prompt popping up centered to the middle of the key configuration panel, not the screen itself.

7. OP
    OP
    -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Hi Kimmy,

Just a quick bump to this thread, but could we also get this fix applied onto all the other windows? From what I've seen so far, the Equipment window also tends to always show off screen whenever you use the hd0 client.

8. OP
    OP
    -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Bumping this thread again because it seems like the reposition fix didn't make it to the new patch.

9. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Neckson made no repositioning for key config as far as I see, meaning we have to add it in a completely custom way that is a low priority for now.