1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

The life of a lemon - Are we doomed or doomed?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by lemonpasta, Apr 9, 2022.

1. Americans

Americans Red Snail

Dec 15, 2021
    2:50 PM
    Increase supply: increase gacha drop rate on non ultimate skills

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jaynus

Jaynus Timer

Mar 19, 2020
    Male
    5:50 PM
    Dralith
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
  3. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    • Like Like x 2
  4. OP
    OP
    lemonpasta

lemonpasta Horny Mushroom

May 21, 2020
    Female
    lemonravioli
    F/P Arch Mage, Bishop, Corsair
    This is an interesting suggestion. How do you determine non ultimate skills? Non AOE?

What do you think is the ultimate skill for NL/Shad/Hero?

Here's an alternative to your suggestion:
    Add prestigious coin pouches to the gachapon rewards pool. (On top of WS/CS)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Americans

Americans Red Snail

Dec 15, 2021
    ultimate skills= blizzard, Genesis, meteor, dragon roar- aka full map attacking skills

6. OP
    OP
    lemonpasta

May 21, 2020
    Female
    lemonravioli
    Introducing a NPC that sells ws/cs is probably the perfect way to kill the game for late-game and end-game players.
    Loyal players are not here (on MapleLegends) for instant gratification but a delayed one.

10/10. I love this. There is no better explanation than this.

If the goal of playing is too achievable, there will be no reason to play on.

Since there are already many replies on your post explaining the possible impact on the economy, I will share the possible impact on the other aspects of the game.

The impact on gameplay

Late game players improve their characters through gears progressive and mastering the game/class mechanics.

If the goal of gears progression is easily achieved, players will just make "perfect" characters (Max hp and mp and perfect gears) and move on/retire.
    Some players may even make multiple "perfect" characters and make multi-client bossing a goal then move on/retire.

With "perfect" characters, there will also be no reason to party boss because solo boss will be the new meta.

PQs may be a thing of the past if they do not help players achieve "perfect" characters.

The impact on the community
    The suggestion encourages self-sufficiency and independent gameplay which is the opposite of what is intended.
    It is sometimes the struggles of the game that bring players together.

With this introduced, players will simply farm mesos to achieve their goal of making "perfect" characters.
    Solo playing will be the new norm and there will be more meso farming characters than ever before.

The impact on staff
    Staff will face a bigger backlash if they have to determine the price of ws/cs because players will never be satisfied regardless how justifiable the price may be. (Currently, prices of all items are determined by free market economy - demand and supply)

Eventually, there will also be no accurate and past references of ws/cs prices that can help the staff put a price tag on ws/cs.
    With no accurate or past references, staff will then have to quantify the demand of the ws/cs to determine the prices.

The impact on economy (already addressed in the post)

Not certain anymore if controlled prices/ price ceiling can provide the optimal solution to counter inflation.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    Not having perfect weapons at lvl 135-150? Sorry bro I can't have you in my zak party.

Back to the original post.
    Honestly I don't think we are doomed, if anything it shifts us to pure bossing.

Some food for thoughts:
    Are prestigous coins constantly inflating in price? Or is it just mesos becoming more and more worthless.
    With p.coin pegged to CS and WS, obviously no one wants mesos in the first place. Multi-mage will become less relevant as time goes by and penta-NL meta will start to take over.

Does it hurt the economy? Only if you hyper focus on mesos. All trades will be done in prestigious coin in far future and with bosses dropping quite alot of those pouches, the goalpost for perfect weapons will shift at a very snail pace.

8. OP
    OP
    lemonpasta

May 21, 2020
    Female
    lemonravioli
    You are right, someone finally said it.

We are not doomed.

It all depends all the position the player is in.

For late game players, it may seem like all hope is lost because there is a huge "barrier to entry" or a "steep learning curve" to become a late game player.
    Sometimes that barrier blinds us and causes us to be hyper fixated on mesos gain.

For a mid game player, scrolled equipment and items may be more affordable than it has ever been because of "failed scrolling" by late game players.

Perspective matters OnionF2

This is a fresh and interesting perspective.
    If it is true, there will be two overlapping economies in the future, the mesos economy and the prestigious coins economy.

[​IMG]
    • The mesos economy is characterized by FM stores, mesos trades and merchandising.
    • The prestigious coins economy is characterized by barter trades and bossing drops.
    Both economies will overlap because of late game players who possess both forms of currencies.

As early-mid game players and late game players are in opposite ends of the spectrum, trades between these 2 groups are expected to be reduced to a minimum.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    u mean setting the price at 300m per ws/cs kills the game? or inflating its a higher value?
    40ws for a perf whatever weapon, thats 12b which equates to 300~500hrs of multi mages/5-6 or 1000 hrs of ulu2.
    Add WS/CS for gloves, capes, stompers. you get what i mean.

10. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    Are you suggesting to have an NPC that sells 300m per WS/CS?

Edit:
    that sells WS/CS for 300m each

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    11:50 PM
    xxxxSnuggles
    Well… maybe it’ll become 400m by the end of year or early next year lol

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    have fun multimaging and dealing with inflation. LOL.

13. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    why multimage when mesos are worthless in future.

juz penta NL for coins :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    Based on what I've seen:
    300~500 hrs, average of 400 hours.
    400 hours = 40ws, using multi-mage/5-6

https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...y-of-mysterious-pouch-4-poverty-dragon.44462/
    Using one strong character, no 2nd attacker mule (other than ONE bishop hs/genesis in the entire party), im assuming a team of lvl 170 and above?
    4man zak = 7.5 coins per hour
    40ws = 4000 coins
    4000 coins = 533 hours.

Not too bad if you are only using a single character.

But then again, if you are willing invest into multimage, I'm guessing you would be willing to invest into.... multi NL?
    2 man zak.
    Team consist of: 2-12x multimage, 4xNL (2 per person) 1-2x SE mules (backup)

Each NL to have 50 base int during leveling, trained till lvl 140-150, to be washed till 5k HP, using 250k-300k nx (similar to light washed shads). And maybe invest 200k on a 70wa green sleeve claw, throwing steelies/ibies, and some random ass scrollin on a dex/luk overall. Can reset to 0 int (expects you to do so) for zak.
    Bring your multimage to clear arms, and have NL to clear the body.

Assuming your both NLs are pro attackers:
    2man zak = 15 coins per hour
    40ws = 4000 coins
    4000 coins = 266 hours.

I'm very, very sure with 6-10 multimage, you can clear arms in 5 minutes or less. with 2-4 mages maybe 5 minutes more, who knows.
    But your p.coin NL farmers are not pog - they are quite scuffed considered the gear and base dex. Lets juz assume the time to clear takes 1.5x longer than the pog 4man zak run.
    Hence:
    2man zak = 10 coins per hour
    40ws = 4000 coins
    4000 coins = 400 hours

Also, these crappy NLs can be replaced by your main NL/avoid BM/MM/Corsairs to speed things up significantly. Additionally, both you and your zak hunting partner can go for 3x NLs per person instead to get the juicy 4000 coins in 266 hours.

I guess your alternative is here? Something potentially faster than multi-mage, and is fool-proof against the p-coin inflation.

• Great Work Great Work x 2
  15. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    Not cool broooooo lol

i havnt even gotten multimages yet :cry:

im already dealing with inflation.

also I suggested to have a ws/cs npc with staff regulated meso prices too.

but i was laughed at when i suggested it a few months ago when before pcoins became available, and the price of ws/cs was around 200m.

… even though the best way to control inflation is by controlling the prices of goods directly.

Definitely not basic economics. Although the alternative is to let inflation run wild to adjust for possible power creep.

…even though there’s a huge power drain in ML instead, since not enough people can make perf equips anymore.

also meso = trash right now
    Convert all your mesos to pcoins, and farm more bosses LOL

• Like Like x 1
  16. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    :heartbeat: OnionSmart

Dammmm sounds like the next best thing to do.

Farming pcoins is actually faster, since mesos are becoming trash faster than they can be farmed.

• Like Like x 1
  17. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    1month on. 3.2m coins with pouch rate from bosses seemingly nerfed.

• Like Like x 1
  18. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    I need some of your zak that you are running man.

Assuming a generous 50% pouch 3 drop rate and 30mins for a zak run for simplicity sake.
    15 / 4 = 3.75 coins per hour for 4 man.
    15 / 2 - 7.5 coins per hour for 2 man.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    It makes me wonder what setup they have... like are they running mules? Or is it 2 people total with mules of their own?

20. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    I ran a few 2-3 man zak before.
    I will bring MM + SI mule to attack during body and finish top right arms. Also have an AM to bomb the arms.
    In 2 man the other person, will be using 2 attackers at the same time. Throw in an additional attacker for 3 man zak.

Can complete 2 man (3 attackers) run within 30mins with my shit gear, ngl the other person hard carried me. 3 man (4 attackers), close to 25 mins i think iirc.

• Great Work Great Work x 2