1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Keep Island Community Alive

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MapleStarter, Apr 25, 2022.

1. MapleStarter

MapleStarter Slime

May 20, 2019
    Male
    7:55 AM
    MapleStarter
    Beginner
    Newbology
    Dear Maplelegends staff, hi!

I wanna provide some feedback about what i wanna see in island and what most islanders want to see too.

1) update mai quest on next event:

Its about time to have some more saloon hairs and eyes on random mai quest. In this regard i also need to be thankful about islanders being able to get event hairs, since we have the npc there now.

However, I would also like to see new options in mai's quest. Being them, the option to change the hair color, eye color and skin color of the character. Of course these options can be random too, to be the same way this quest works now. Its needed, because older islanders can't change their hair colours, skin and eyes. In the other hand, the new players can customize their character whatever they like before the journey starts, and the older players still can't change they appearance.

Also, i would like to see another options in mai's quest, like the returning of some items in this quest, like strapshoes or even past event rewards, like rubber tube. If it is not possible for islanders to receive past rewards the island will be unbalanced. If this also affects the economy outside the island, since there will be the possibility of taking these items outside of there, it would be interesting to have a level restriction of 30 to be able to do the quest, and put a restriction on npc that you can't leave the island at that level. likewise, to make players wont be able to transfer these items to low-level characters and take them off the island, make npc shanks automatically remove these items from the inventory if the player leaves the island with these items.

2) Islander Storage:
    Would be cool to have a exclusively islander npc that makes us being able to storage our itens. To not make it too OP, make it not being able to share stuff with victoria.

3) Shanks wont allow you go to victoria past level 15. That would help a lot ppl who wants to enjoy island gameplay.

4) Bring back maple boxes on island next anniv event.

5) Make island raffle set to level 30, some events have like level requirement of 70 for islanders which is too high. To prevent some WhiteScroll and ChaosScroll injection in the economy, the staff could remove it from player inventory when you travel with shanks npc.

6) I wanna see some overall armor in island, since we have overall dex scroll and we can't use it.

7) add some bosses on island, we need some challange, to chill out the insane grinding.

8) maybe some party quest on island, dont need to have op rewards, but dont need to be something to bad.

Thanks in advance,
    it's all i've in mind for now to improve island QoL.

And thanks for the staff for what we have for islanders so far.

Feel free to comment bellow.

• Like Like x 10
    • Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    11:55 AM
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    No

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  3. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    "I want to limit myself to this specific region of the game"

"Please add things to my limited region so I dont get bored"

OnionPissed

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Lucidcat

Lucidcat Mixed Golem

May 14, 2021
    7:55 PM
    Didn't find any islanders over level 10 in my 6 characters. When are they usually online?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    They're all in cc1 in this map.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. lord kniizer

lord kniizer Slime

Mar 21, 2020
    I/L Arch Mage
    Feijoada
    Sounds like non-sense to me to develop a new content focused on islanders (A extremely small niche) when outsiders (everybody that is non islander) have bigger problems to deal with.
    Also if u want a "new" content, just create a new char and leave maple island :geek: theres a big world to explore xD

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Eleza

Eleza Mano

Apr 8, 2022
    6:55 AM
    Eleza
    F/P Wizard
    Community
    The whole idea of an islander is to get by on the minimal resources. That's literally the whole challenge of it. If the challenge is too boring, or not your pace, I would just just suggest making a new beginner and leaving the island.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    1) Would be nice but there are also like 5 threads about that same thing.

2) The only change that really needs to happen.

3) No

4) I assume this is here so an unexpected change in anniversary event doesn’t fuck islanders over. Doubt this will be brought back given the direction that events seem to be heading.

5) Yea but staff also haven’t even given us the reason why they will nerf some to 30 and others they won’t, so not sure about what there is to discuss there. Plus it’s irrelevant if certain items relevant to islanders don’t ever come back.

6) Would be nice, but depending on how it’s handled will just further inflate the limited time event problems.

7 & 8) Hard no, just make a perma beginner.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    3:55 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Thank you for visualising precisely what I couldn't articulate properly.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Isme

Isme Brown Teddy

Dec 21, 2020
    1sme
    Islander
    I think that being included for real in the recent raffles, even with nerfed prizes, is a good thing. I would not vote for bosses, PQ or something bigger aka hard-to-code, since we already know about some limitations in time and skillz in the volunteers that helped ML be what it is today. Anniversary Event has always been the biggest event for islanders and since I started playing here it seems to be way to nerfed comparing to gMS for example.

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. lord kniizer

lord kniizer Slime

Mar 21, 2020
    I/L Arch Mage
    Feijoada
    Couldn't agree more <3

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. WatIsDeze

WatIsDeze Horny Mushroom

May 1, 2020
    Camper
    It's genuinely worrying how a group of people intentionally playing the game wrong continues to just shit out lists of demands.

You guys should thank your lucky stars you get any events to begin with tbh.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. OP
    OP
    MapleStarter

MapleStarter Slime

May 20, 2019
    Male
    MapleStarter
    Beginner
    Newbology
    I dont know why all this rage for islanders content... To begin with, if the game designer of maple not wanted this content back in the days, they shouldnt even give any efforts in mapping island or they could make you get kicked out of island after some sort of tutorial, there was a lot of possibilities lol. the same applies to this server, if island were not intended, make you to start the game in lilith harbor. If we continue to follow the logic presented, we shouldn't even have any balances for victory island, since you guys want to play the pure game... The idea behind feedbacks like these are to make the gameplay more enjoyable. You guys can also play that maplestory global with its modern updates to please the kids audience.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. asdsaou

asdsaou Mushmom

Oct 10, 2021
    Male
    asdsaou2
    Corsair
    What if Islanders got access to bossing in some form? It'd be content they could do together, maybe even requiring a kill quest or collecting etcs to enter. For example, how about the Scary Valley map with the giant centipede? It'd be challenging for beginners to fight, doesn't give a massive amount of exp, and drops some rare and nice beginner items. To enter, you'll have to do something like kill 300 of each mob on maple island, and they could do the quest every day/few days/week.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    That's quite literally the point, yes.

• Agree Agree x 5
  17. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    Overall, I think...

number 1: mostly code-able since its a fix, and some additions of dialogue with another reward choice copy-pasta.

number 2: welp, there's a lot of discourse here since there's implications and lots of testing and verification needed:
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...ok-storage-on-maple-island.38350/#post-284956

https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/storage-on-maple-island.36458/

number 3: dont press on Shanks

number 4, 5: is a little harder to do since coding, and testing would be very time consuming just for events.

number 6:
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...rall-designs-to-southperry-armor-store.43061/

number 7: would be very very cool! slightly easier to code in a new mob

number 8: harder to code something entirely new, since lots of things to add, test, and verify.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    While all suggestions are welcome you also have to accept that people can disagree with them and voice their concerns. Especially now, in a time where lots of people are eagerly awaiting (balance) changes or even hoping for new refreshing content they'd be quick to disagree with islander content because of the assumption that any time spend on islanders is wasted time for the majority of the playerbase.

As much as we love to try and include everyone in our changes people do have to understand that content for islanders (purposely limited content playstyle) is far from a priority for us. And often times, during the hectic period of releasing an event/patch even gets forgotten (Last event for example where we went to put together a customized raffle for islanders ~1 week into the event).

That being said, not all changes that are done within the game necessarily take time out of other changes that are being worked on. So, who knows what the future might bring..

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  19. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    We can go into the Boss Rush event usually when it comes around. I think it's usually a summer event thing or something. Anyway it's too hard for Islanders to clear most of the bosses.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    I’d argue staff currently wastes more time, rather than doing a one time fix so that events can be removed completely or not depended on.

Time was just wasted this past event making an exclusive 3rd raffle tier for islanders that offered absolutely nothing of significance in the context of an islander. I understand that some of the newer Islanders who have been nothing but excluded since creating their islanders appreciated finally getting something, but I just saw that as an absolute waste of an opportunity if we finally got the attention of a Dev.

Idc how long we’d have to wait for the time to become available for something to be implemented. My fear is the lack of communication on what staff is thinking when it comes to doing something, and for time to be wasted adding something that just adds to our current issues. We are told things are being discussed or that we weren’t thought about what so ever, which is pretty conflicting.

Kim said herself that the only reason people are currently playing Legends’s island is because it’s the least shit of what’s currently available. I hope we can be part of a discussion on how to make it not shit, & discuss what options are and aren’t on the table for the future, so time isn’t spent doing something that at the end of the day changes nothing.

• Like Like x 6