1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Hero Panic rework

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by iccqqq, Apr 26, 2022.

1. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    7:18 PM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    [​IMG]

Just here posting another 17x Hero's dummy dpm to show more datapoints for general Hero damage range. A lot of people complain about Hero single target DPM, but considering they can cleave just as efficiently for 3x targets, this isn't a bad trade-off. And my Hero isn't even geared all that well (~4b worth of items). Would be even higher with Enrage on.

90% of the complaints come from players that aren't min maxing their characters properly.

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. OP
    OP
    iccqqq

iccqqq Dark Stone Golem

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    5:18 AM
    Hero
    oh for shure b
    4 bil aint nuthin can easily make that grinding at Petris MapleF15MapleF15MapleF15MapleF15MapleF15MapleF15MapleF15MapleF15MapleF15MapleF15MapleF15
    time to min max!

3. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    7:18 PM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    I mean considering 2-3b comes from a cape that I use across all my accounts, my hero isn't geared all that much with hero-specific items. You could just as easily get similar numbers with a lesser attack cape at a third of the cost with a slightly better sword.

Your lower damage range is self-imposed by choosing to be an axe hero.

4. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    10:18 AM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    You wish to use panic and brandish combo during your bossing, and you try to give creative ideas to make it happen. Nothing wrong with that. But you are suggesting it in a server where DPM, balance and sweaty mulelords are ruling the servers, whether you like it or not, numbers are everything. And from staff's point of view, class identity is top priority, and they used numbers to ensure the identity exist.

If your suggestion either
    1) don't respect class identity,
    2) enable muling,
    3) is too negligible that does not provide any benefits,
    4) do not align with staff's unwritten goals and vision
    its gonna be ignored or rejected. Even well thought ideas such as skuire's ring quest got put on hold for years, and based on kimmy's reply, imo its a rejected idea, despite being a wonderful one.
    I don't know all of what Kimmy wishes, but I've spent 2 years in the forum reading rejected ideas, and how they have been rejected. In the topic of Hero buffing and HP washing, I do believe I have a convincing opinion why an idea would be rejected.

I give my opinion, I explained why its too OP and based on what I read, I give my opinion (or rather BananaPie's which I agree with) on why buffing Hero's single target damage is not worth trying as it is either too OP or plain useless in social sense. If you can't give back an argument or have a modified proposal to fix it, then its on you not on me.

I too, do not have all the facts with me. You can see my suggestions on Coke Pills for HS and HB buffs, I'm clearly weak at this area, with no math and facts and iPippy gave a similar critic to what I have given you, full of numbers on why it may be deemed too OP, and I do my best to address them. On the things I fail to address, then its my loss, for I have no logical way to argue against him or fix it.

Its been months. If you haven't figured out that I'm perfectly happy with how hero is now (other than axe not being viable, but I'm a sword user), I don't know what to say.
    The things I would rather address is 2nd-3rd job party grind and no-wash/low-wash range character's bossings.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Stance88

Stance88 Dark Stone Golem

May 28, 2015
    Male
    Denmark
    4:18 AM
    Stance
    Hero
    Aeon
    It's already a custom mess, too late son.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    iccqqq

iccqqq Dark Stone Golem

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Hero
  7. OP
    OP
    iccqqq

iccqqq Dark Stone Golem

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Hero
    idk what abstract terms such as ''CLASS IDENTITY'' mean
    and yes guy, everything is muled and will be muled. so whats your point exactly? stop buffing any class because mules? remove all party buffs because mules?
    i will keep pushing for hero buff and more so for the improvement of the boring playstyle the class is cursed with, and i dont see any better way of doing this other than reworking PANIC/COMA, maybe not in the way that i have suggested it but making it an overall better and interesting skill. whether any kind of change to the class will happen idk, i will keep playing hero regardless.

also i cant figure out why anyone and especially you a hero player would be so adamant to disagree with any kind of changes to the playstyle of the class.
    only reason i can come up with is you either paperweight brandish or truly enjoy brainlessly holding down brandish to no end. XatGiggle

8. Dadada15

Dadada15 Slime

Jun 7, 2017
    Male
    Taiwan
    Mikodan
    Bishop
    TryTryKan
    Oh man, the passive aggressiveness when someone disagrees with your idea :wtf:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    don't.... buff your party members? didn't know panic must be made into a party buff
    Idk man, I've already explained. Not my fault that you don't wanna read ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like Like x 1